any developers / people with knowledge of coding apps for BB10 care to explain how hard it would to tweak current apps for 1080p resolution?
    07-15-13 02:28 PM
    Although I'm not a spec junkie, I'm disappointed in the specs. Let's hope they change for the better before launch. You don't wanna give the haters and reviewers easy things to point out as flaws.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    07-15-13 02:32 PM
    any developers / people with knowledge of coding apps for BB10 care to explain how hard it would to tweak current apps for 1080p resolution?
    It's just scaling. I don't think it's that hard since it's the same aspect ratio.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:33 PM
    I'm fine with those specs. What I would like is for blackberry to change the design. I think the Z10 looks way better than this. Also I hope due to the massive size, they introduce some "galaxy note" like features or else what would be the point. Lastly due to the somewhat outdated specs I hope this comes in at a reasonable price
    07-15-13 02:34 PM
    Disappointing and A10 is going to be a total fail. With this pace, Blackberry will be dead by this time next year. It seems that Blackberry can't compete in smartphone market anymore. May be Blackberry should consider getting into some other line of business. How about selling fruits, starting with Blackberries?
    07-15-13 02:36 PM
    I'm fine with those specs. What I would like is for blackberry to change the design. I think the Z10 looks way better than this. Also I hope due to he massive size, they introduce some "galaxy note" like features or else what would be the point. Lastly due to the somewhat outdated specs I hope this comes in at a reasonable price
    What *galaxy note* features are you referring too?..as I haven't used that smartphone before.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-15-13 02:36 PM
    It's just scaling. I don't think it's that hard since it's the same aspect ratio.

Posted via CB10
    From what I have read it is more involved than this.
    brout likes this.
    07-15-13 02:38 PM
    I'd say the A10 is more in the category of the SG4 as smartphone first - mini tablet second, rather than the Note2 which has it the other way around.

Its smart to go after this 5" market because its Android or bust pretty much and hopefully they price this around $99 on contract and aim for the mid-high range of the market rather than the ultra high end like the SG4 because that came out months before this phone will and is already beating it in every way the average consumer would look at.
    Tony Ak and SDTRMG like this.
    07-15-13 02:39 PM
    What *galaxy note* features are you referring too?..as I haven't used that smartphone before.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    Multi view (2 apps that can be run side by side), some kind of memo app with pen support maybe?
    07-15-13 02:43 PM
    We'll have to see what this sells for. I'll admit, I'm underwhelmed but as a media device this might well gather some interest.

I see three actual advantages over the Z10: 1) GPU (Adreno 320?) 2) AMOLED screen (theoretically lower power consumption, esp at that resolution) 3) Bigger (but apparently not swappable) battery.

Power consumption SHOULD be considerably better, especially when you consider it in light of how much its likely to improve in 10.2 for all users.

I don't see a compelling reason to replace my Z10 with this.
    henrymei2005 and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-15-13 02:44 PM
    DOA...

Posted via CB10
    Now where have I heard that one before?

BlackBerry 10 Phones Will Be
    BlackBerry 10 analysis: Operating system could be dead on arrival | BGR
    SDTRMG and brout like this.
    07-15-13 02:48 PM
    uhm..isn't anyone going to question the authenticity of this information? someone drops an image that could have been photoshopped quite easily and everyone's biting... *yawn*
    07-15-13 03:07 PM
    I remember someone posting that there will be more than one A10 being released. If that is the case, I hope this is the lower end of the A10. I don't care for specs, but being a flagship....it should be over the top, even if the specs are unusably high. Flagships show what the company can do.

My main concern is pricing at these specifications. If it is really just a bigger Z10, it should not cost significantly more than the cost of Z10 at the point of sale.

What I want to know is how many cores does the Z10 gpu have and how would this one compare to it?
    ravenskman1 likes this.
    07-15-13 03:08 PM
    Weird that the icons shown above are 4x4. Whereas on the video leak, they had 4x5 icons. Hmmm..

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    Well this is a render of the device. They probably made better use if the larger screen by modifying slightly the UI

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:08 PM
    uhm..isn't anyone going to question the authenticity of this information? someone drops an image that could have been photoshopped quite easily and everyone's biting... *yawn*
    I agree with you and I think others do too. Maybe we just wanted to humour the idea...
    07-15-13 03:10 PM
    Usually when BB stuff like this starts pouring in, it ends up being true.
    ravenskman1 likes this.
    07-15-13 03:11 PM
    For those complaining about the screen resolution... what if BlackBerry comes up and say battery life for this phone is double that of the Z10? What would you think? Maybe the smaller resolution plus the new screen would yield awesome battery life

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 03:14 PM
    Without a doubt, BB10 would run smoothly with these specs, probably better than some android devices with Quad CPU's that still tend to get a bit laggy. But the consumer doesn't care about all that, its all about perception as someone already said. If it is perceived as being inferior spec wise, then it doesn't matter how well it works, in the mind of the consumer its inferior and nobody wants anything that's perceived as inferior do they?? I really hope this "Flagship" device doesn't come out with such low specs, for the sake of perception!.......Never liked Phablets, but I'm liking this one though....
    07-15-13 03:19 PM
    The GPU is not a quad core - so I don't know how to read this at all.

The S4 pro is either dual core or quad. The slide says both. Do they mean that there are dual S4 Pros - hence running quad? Or is this just the state of BB that their slides run with **** poor English?

Next the S4 pro (MSM 8960 Pro) has the Adreno 320. That is suppossed to run in 1080P. Not up to 1080P, but run at 1080P. So I don't understand why they would scale it down to 720P - which btw is less than the resolution on the Z10. Not talking pixel density - but straight up resolution.

But BB enthusiasts - who seem to be all that's left buying these phones, have made it clear 1M times over - they want removeable batteries and memory. Failure to have both will likely lose BB sales - that well, quite frankly they can't afford to lose.

If this comes to market as a dual core, 720P, 8MP camera, non-removeable battery device - it had better be priced under $400 off contract, or you can all watch those shares go to penny stock levels.

If you trade on rumors - you are shorting BB tomorrow.
    07-15-13 03:19 PM
    For those complaining about the screen resolution... what if BlackBerry comes up and say battery life for this phone is double that of the Z10? What would you think? Maybe the smaller resolution plus the new screen would yield awesome battery life

Posted via CB10
    Most people want a better screen for bragging rights and solely that. Practicality has no place in a bragging competition.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 03:21 PM
    Like your quote Ninja Berry. Point well made.
    07-15-13 03:22 PM
    How is 1080p standard. Lets be real here

Android oems - 1080p flagship phones
    Windows phone - 720p flagship phones
    Apple - retina No 1080p phones

So why does blackberry have to make 1080p when no other android manufacturer is doing this? they don't have to waste the money joining the pointless android oem spec race.

1080p is only standard with android oems, on top of that, 60-70 percent of android phones don't have 1080p screens.

Some people sound like spoiled children, "OH I DONT CARE IF MY PARENTS CAN ONLY AFFORD THE $100 PANTS I WANT THE $300 ONES"' please grow up and realize blackberry is bring the best devices they can to the market without going bankrupt.

Also the htc one has a 5MP camera. And the average joe doesn't know the difference in CPU, gpu, ppi, etc.
    Fr3lncr, thekidshop and sergey_IL like this.

Posted via CB10
    While this will more than likely have better battery life than the Z10, the issue is that the Z10 already has good battery life (mine lasts the whole day on LTE/WiFi with normal to above average use. Most people now a days don't care for battery as long as it lasts a full day becuase everyone I know just charges their phone when they sleep, so unless there is some unheard of amount of time this phone will run without a charge than I don't think the increased battery is really a selling point to the average consumer.

Posted via CB10
    I have a spare battery. Every BB I've owned - I get a case and an extra battery. In fact I laud that one useful thing over IOS users and some android users alike.

I don't hunt charging stations - I keep one in my pocket.
    07-15-13 03:24 PM
    I don't know how to read this because MSM8960 isn't a Pro. It's a S4 Plus. Same processor in Z10, Q10, AND Q5.

Is BlackBerry serious about using a a processor from 2011?

Also I'm not sure if they can use an independent GPU for Snapdragon processors.

I really hope this isn't true.
    07-15-13 03:25 PM
181 1234 ...