01-14-14 01:11 PM
132 1234 ...
tools
    I have never ever had any issues with getting support from BlackBerry, regardless of where the item was purchased.

BlackBerry backs hardware with 12 months warranty from first sales date, similar to Apple - and you just have to show proof of this purchase when contacting them. (at least in my cases)

The selling body is supposed to handle the warranty, but in cases where this proves to be difficult, it can be handled directly with BlackBerry.

I have had far less good experience with Apple for products Not carrying a separate expensive AppleCare protection

As with most business, choosing the product is just one step- just as important is to choose from Where you to get the product. Perhaps 3rd party resellers on eBay is not the right place to go to get New products - IF you also want full service and support.
    01-08-14 02:18 PM

I was advised to buy other device ie Samsung ,Google nexus etc... For this reason.
    My experience with Samsung is they have TERRIBLE customer service and they try to weasel out of any problem encountered.
    raino likes this.
    01-08-14 02:28 PM
    My experience with Samsung is they have TERRIBLE customer service and they try to weasel out of any problem encountered.
    This is why you can really stand out by having a device wide policy to take all items back and unless there is water damage or dropping damage caused the issue. They could ship boxes to customers and take their credit card numbers as deposits should the phone be not working due to customers breaking them.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-14 02:49 PM
    This is why you can really stand out by having a device wide policy to take all items back and unless there is water damage or dropping damage caused the issue. They could ship boxes to customers and take their credit card numbers as deposits should the phone be not working due to customers breaking them.
    01-08-14 02:51 PM
    This x1000. Mine was bought in Canada, and when I had an issue, Samsung Canada wouldn't deal with me because the phone was not in their "jurisdiction," and Samsung USA would try to pass me off to Canada because that's where the phone was bought.

And it's really funny how Apple is seen as do-no-wrong by some around here.

Apple Fined $1.2 Million By Italian Antitrust Authority For Misleading Customers Regarding Product Guarantees
    sk8er_tor and wincyUt like this.
    01-08-14 02:51 PM
    Apple has a lot more to gain from good customer service than Blackberry does. Blackberry can only really expect to sell you another smartphone in a year or two (assuming you are still in their target market), however, Apple is looking to sell you not only another iPhone, but very likely an iPad and perhaps a MacBook. Add the odd monitor, router, set-top box, and whatever your kids or other family members are interested in and pretty soon you are talking about some serious volume per loyal customer.
    01-08-14 03:01 PM
    When you're buying a brand new device that hasn't even been out NEARLY a year you shouldn't have to worry one would think! The product was preordered before it was even released.
    I understand a three month-old device shouldn't be dying, but every once in a while you get a defective unit. Happens with every tech product. And it's cases like these for which you want to protect yourself when buying.
    01-08-14 03:02 PM
    Apple:
    I call Apple, get booked into a local store for an assessment at a "Genius Bar". The phone is on the spot replaced without me showing proof of purchase or anything.
    I wonder how Apple screens out people buying non-functional iPhone's from eBay and getting them replaced with working ones for free at an Apple Store?
    01-08-14 03:25 PM
    I agree with you main argument but it's clear that Apple leads everyone with their stores and customer service. Every big phone vendor needs to step up like Apple has.
    I can't disagree. Their customer service is usually far and away better than everyone's - BlackBerry included. You can tell Jobs extended his "end to end customer experience approach" to everything ... including customer service. Even the automated phone system is intelligent and accurate and ... surprisingly human. Returns are simple and easy. They did a good job and I applaud it.

This was very different when I bought my first Mac and got forwarded around from department to department, and got snarky sales responses on the way.
    01-08-14 03:36 PM
    Apple has a lot more to gain from good customer service than Blackberry does. Blackberry can only really expect to sell you another smartphone in a year or two (assuming you are still in their target market), however, Apple is looking to sell you not only another iPhone, but very likely an iPad and perhaps a MacBook. Add the odd monitor, router, set-top box, and whatever your kids or other family members are interested in and pretty soon you are talking about some serious volume per loyal customer.
    Probably true. But every terrible customer service move may lose you that customer as well as many more down the line. People talk and spread the word. If you have enough of this your in big trouble. I'll be honest and admit that reading this post made me doubt BlackBerry as my next purchase and I hate apple lol

Posted via my Z30
    kbz1960, mmmac and anand_ma like this.
    01-08-14 03:37 PM
    I think the opposite. Apple sells products no matter what. They then have to advertise the hell out of their customer **NEW** customer service focus and then show how they now will take charge. That will sell phones.
    01-08-14 03:41 PM
    I think the opposite. Apple sells products no matter what. They then have to advertise the hell out of their customer **NEW** customer service focus and then show how they now will take charge. That will sell phones.
    Is bbry the only one that wants your credit card just to talk to them?
    01-08-14 03:46 PM
    So a company that is worth how many more times then blackberry, provides better customer service.. can't say that is surprising.

Apple overall, deals with consumers who are spending more money on Apple, then Blackberry with Blackberry users.
    Hence why they have the 2nd high customer satisfaction rating yet bbry isn't even in the top 10
    http://m.benzinga.com/article/3807986
    01-08-14 04:11 PM
    that's to ensure you need premium tech support or not (yes I called bbry for a pearl ball issue)
    01-08-14 04:16 PM
    Not if you go through the carriers.

And if you have a warranty (like, actually *have* a warranty, not *think* you do/should,) replacements should be no problem within the duration of the warranty, provided your warranty covers the type of damage incurred.
    01-08-14 04:17 PM
    Sorry Pard, my experiences dealing directly with BlackBerry have always been excellent so I am going to have to call bull on you. They have replaced several devices for me and they were professional, courteous, and like Apple, North American English speaking. Blackberry can always do better but I am a delighted customer. I have also had excellent customer service from Apple over the years and they get paid for it.
    wincyUt and DSS900 like this.
    01-08-14 04:18 PM
    I have never ever had any issues with getting support from BlackBerry, regardless of where the item was purchased.

BlackBerry backs hardware with 12 months warranty from first sales date, similar to Apple - and you just have to show proof of this purchase when contacting them. (at least in my cases)

The selling body is supposed to handle the warranty, but in cases where this proves to be difficult, it can be handled directly with BlackBerry.

I have had far less good experience with Apple for products Not carrying a separate expensive AppleCare protection

As with most business, choosing the product is just one step- just as important is to choose from Where you to get the product. Perhaps 3rd party resellers on eBay is not the right place to go to get New products - IF you also want full service and support.
    That's weird because I can buy one from eBay and still have warranty it depends if you are in warranty or not
    They check by your Imei number or sales receipt even if you are out of warranty apple will never turn you away they will offer like many vendors out of warranty service at a cost

Bbry doesn't
    They will tell you to go to a 3rd party vendor and that's with my brother in law who used to work for rim tech support
    01-08-14 04:20 PM
    Sorry Pard , my experiences dealing directly with BlackBerry have always been excellent so I am going to have to call bull on you.
    Are you talking to yourself?
    01-08-14 04:21 PM
    You won't be able to get warranty work done unless you're friend brings it in. The reason being is the phone is under your friends name

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-08-14 04:21 PM
    I didn't see you mention where the iPhone was bought?

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    01-08-14 04:24 PM
    The tale of two phones - with the same issue. The reason I have two dead devices is that I run a small IT department.

Blackberry z30 - won't power on at all - flashing red led - 2.5 months old
    Apple iPhone 5 - won't power on at all - 13 months old

Blackberry:
    I call Blackberry, get the complete runaround telling me that I should call my carrier vs. where I bought the phone. Ultimately I'm left with no solution because I bought the phone from an eBay store. The phone is less than 3 months old.

Apple:
    I call Apple, get booked into a local store for an assessment at a "Genius Bar". The phone is on the spot replaced without me showing proof of purchase or anything.

Anyways, I find it abhorrent that Blackberry will not stand behind a phone that is clearly not out of the warranty period because of a technicality.

On this one:
    Apple Blackberry
    I've used the apple store in Cambridge or is it conastoga twice.......the genius thingy us amazing.....they fixed my daughter iPhone when she had one and the second time they replaced my better halves phone without any fuss........now when I had a problem with my BlackBerry fido (kiosk in mall) and blackberry kept passing the buck......the kiosk children didn't have a clue and made it obvious they didn't care......i love my phone but apple kick their *** everytime!!!

Posted via CB10
    mmmac likes this.
    01-08-14 04:46 PM
    Agreed, Blackberry has no product support whatsoever, on their website, it only tells you to contact the carrier, with not even a customer service number listed unless you are a corporate customer, the only way to get in contact with Blackberry directly was through their @BlackberryHelp twitter account, and they only reply to you a week later, and once you reply, you have to wait another week for a simple reply, I have three problems with my Q10, the volume up rocker does not work, I have the double typing issue with my letter "a" key making it extremely difficult to type properly and the random reboots are growing, now I'm stuck as to what to do because I bought the phone unlocked, and I currently have a TELUS sim in it but, Telus doesn't recognize my IMEI, and every time I contact them, they say to contact Blackberry, now I have no idea what to do, anyone have any suggestions?
    anand_ma and LonelyTylenoL like this.
    01-08-14 05:27 PM
    Agreed, Blackberry has no product support whatsoever, on their website, it only tells you to contact the carrier, with not even a customer service number listed unless you are a corporate customer, the only way to get in contact with Blackberry directly was through their @BlackberryHelp twitter account, and they only reply to you a week later, and once you reply, you have to wait another week for a simple reply, I have three problems with my Q10, the volume up rocker does not work, I have the double typing issue with my letter "a" key making it extremely difficult to type properly and the random reboots are growing, now I'm stuck as to what to do because I bought the phone unlocked, and I currently have a TELUS sim in it but, Telus doesn't recognize my IMEI, and every time I contact them, they say to contact Blackberry, now I have no idea what to do, anyone have any suggestions?
    http://ca.blackberry.com/support/pro...elpage=desktop
    you need to submit an electronic ticket

phone technical support is only for subscribers to their tech support services
    01-08-14 06:10 PM
    The problem is they do not warrant the product via the consumer, but rather the seller / carrier - this is what I'm finding out at least. I bought the Z30 from eBay from apparently someone in Japan - this was before they were in NA. Now they're saying I have to have my seller contact them -- meanwhile that person will not have the phone but they have to "coordinate" it's repair - it's ridiculous if you ask me. You have a product, it has a serial number, proof of purchase etc - there should not be a problem! Anyways I'm attempting to jump through their hoops so I'll let everyone know what happens.

01-08-14 08:05 PM
    I've used the apple store in Cambridge or is it conastoga twice.......the genius thingy us amazing.....they fixed my daughter iPhone when she had one and the second time they replaced my better halves phone without any fuss........now when I had a problem with my BlackBerry fido (kiosk in mall) and blackberry kept passing the buck......the kiosk children didn't have a clue and made it obvious they didn't care......i love my phone but apple kick their *** everytime!!!

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't even the owner of the phone, the phone was not in warranty, I did not have the invoice but they had me in and out of there at no cost within 45 minutes with a new device.

BlackBerry pretends that they're focusing on consumer electronics but that is just simply not the case unfortunately.
    01-08-14 08:08 PM
132 1234 ...