what one should I use, what do all them mean? I'm on Telus.

BlackBerry Network Technology-img_20150613_180022.png

8500 -> Z10 -> Z30
    06-13-15 05:01 PM
    I would keep the last one selected: LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM. Technically, Telus doesn't have a GSM or UMTS network so the option should be just LTE/HSPA+ on this phone, but /UMTS/GSM may be good to select in case you have to roam.

How did you get in to that menu? Had your phone not already latched on to a Telus network?
    06-13-15 05:08 PM
    It just asks what type of connection you'd like the phone to use when available.

GSM is EDGE (2G)

HSPA+/UMTS is the 3G or the faster H+ (sometimes called 3.5G)

LTE is that 4G LTE that you see at the bottom of your screen shot where it says "Telus 4Glte".

If you sometimes travel to areas with weak 3G or 4G coverage and want it to go to EDGE in those cases, then choose the setting that includes all the options.

The setting is just for you to decide which connections to use if available with a good signal. It would always try to use the fastest connection of the ones you select if it has a good signal.

It's provisioned by the carrier. Every carrier words it differently.
    I posted a screen shot of the way it looks on mine just for you to compare.

Attachment 357430

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2204 CB10
    06-13-15 05:12 PM
    In simple terms and in order of ascending speed,
    GSM = 2G
    UMTS HSPA = 3G
    LTE= 4G

The phone will try to use the fastest available protocol you have allowed but this can cause it to use a lot of battery power searching for LTE in a non-LTE area, or shifting between protocols where the higher speed service coverage is patchy. So, you can let your phone choose the best radio signal, or you can lock it down to progressively slower but potentially more reliable protocols if the faster services are unreliable due to poor coverage wherever you happen to be.
    06-13-15 05:15 PM
    It just asks what type of connection you'd like the phone to use when available.

GSM is EDGE (2G)

HSPA+/UMTS is the 3G or the faster H+ (sometimes called 3.5G)

LTE is that 4G LTE that you see at the bottom of your screen shot where it says "Telus 4Glte".

If you sometimes travel to areas with weak 3G or 4G coverage and want it to go to EDGE in those cases, then choose the setting that includes all the options.

The setting is just for you to decide which connections to use if available with a good signal. It would always try to use the fastest connection of the ones you select if it has a good signal.

It's provisioned by the carrier. Every carrier words it differently.
    I posted a screen shot of the way it looks on mine just for you to compare.

Attachment 357430

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2204 CB10
    so I should pick the one I have on now?

8500 -> Z10 -> Z30
    06-14-15 08:18 PM
    so I should pick the one I have on now?

8500 -> Z10 -> Z30
    Yes, that's the one that has you covered for every type of connection.

Attachment 357651
    06-14-15 08:24 PM