That's great news. The charging system must be more efficient than the Z10 charging bundle!

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Maybe, yeah. TBH, it doesn't give over 70% charge, which it should based on 2100 v the 2880 Z30 battery, but I never really expected it too. 50% or so should see me thru all but the heaviest situations.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:18 AM
    Thought I'd just add to this thread having used the MP 2100 battery pack a few times over the last 12 days or so.

When I had my Z10, I carried spare batteries, which, due to it being, well, a Z10, I often ended up needing. However, even if the spare battery had been sitting unused for weeks, when it I inserted it into the unit, it was always at least at 95%, often higher.

The MP2100 battery pack does not seem to behave quite so well when dormant. I've trialed it having let my Z30 down to 10% or so. If it was charged within the previous 24hrs, I tend to get 65-70% charge. However, after 3 or 4 days, it's more like 40%, and if left for a few days longer, barely 25%.

It seems that it loses power quite significantly unplugged, which is a shame. Has anyone else found it to be similar? I bought 2, so not concerned - if I'm going somewhere where I know I may run dry, I charge them fully the day before - even in the very worst case scenario, I'd have 2 packs that would give me back half the battery back on the Z30 so doubt it will ever be an issue.
    04-04-14 06:50 AM
    Thought I'd just add to this thread having used the MP 2100 battery pack a few times over the last 12 days or so.

When I had my Z10, I carried spare batteries, which, due to it being, well, a Z10, I often ended up needing. However, even if the spare battery had been sitting unused for weeks, when it I inserted it into the unit, it was always at least at 95%, often higher.

The MP2100 battery pack does not seem to behave quite so well when dormant. I've trialed it having let my Z30 down to 10% or so. If it was charged within the previous 24hrs, I tend to get 65-70% charge. However, after 3 or 4 days, it's more like 40%, and if left for a few days longer, barely 25%.

It seems that it loses power quite significantly unplugged, which is a shame. Has anyone else found it to be similar? I bought 2, so not concerned - if I'm going somewhere where I know I may run dry, I charge them fully the day before - even in the very worst case scenario, I'd have 2 packs that would give me back half the battery back on the Z30 so doubt it will ever be an issue.
    Hmmmmmm I didn't know this. I have 2 of these as well. I keep one in my daily briefcase and the other in my travel bag so when travelling I have 2 at my disposal.

I thought being lithium ion these batteries can hold its charge for extended periods of time. What you described above seems to contradict this belief.

I'll have to check on this.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    04-04-14 03:59 PM
    Is there a particular advantage to this over third party backup batteries?

I've got a 13,000 mAh one from Anker, for when I travel and don't want to bother dealing with finding outlets during the day. (Not that this will be a problem with the Z30!)

Is it just a design thing? Or does it charge any quicker?
    decoy7 likes this.
    04-04-14 04:14 PM

I've got a 13,000 mAh one from Anker, for when I travel and don't want to bother dealing with finding outlets during the day. (Not that this will be a problem with the Z30!)

Never had an alternative, so can't say. The one big advantage of the MP2100 is that it quite easy to use the phone whilst it's plugged in, which I'm assuming your 13000 one would make a little awkward!? The MP2100 charges my Z30 every bit as quickly as a mains charger.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:02 AM
    Never had an alternative, so can't say. The one big advantage of the MP2100 is that it quite easy to use the phone whilst it's plugged in, which I'm assuming your 13000 one would make a little awkward!? The MP2100 charges my Z30 every bit as quickly as a mains charger.

Posted via CB10
    All right, that's it then. Use and speed, as the 13k one doesn't charge phones as fast as their wall charger. And yes, it sits okay in a cargo pant pocket, but it isn't good to hold up when talking...

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z using Tapatalk
    04-05-14 08:35 AM
    The Z10 bundle charger would discharge when not in use also. I just leave it plugged in all the time now.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 04:12 PM
    Non removable are simply more efficient batteries.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 04:30 PM

I also have the 13,000 Anker Astro 2 and the tube like portable 3,000mAh one as well for everyday light travel, charges my Q10, iPhone and iPad so I wouldn't ever buy a device specific backup battery, you have the best option.

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    04-05-14 04:41 PM
    I also have the 13,000 Anker Astro 2 and the tube like portable 3,000mAh one as well for everyday light travel, charges my Q10, iPhone and iPad so I wouldn't ever buy a device specific backup battery, you have the best option.

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Oh, totally. Since I have the Anker already and the Z30 is so good at battery life, no way would I buy another backup battery.

Was just curious whether the Blackberry one had specific advantages over the generic ones for their devices. Seems it does, which is nice to see. But yes, not enough for me to spend still more on accessories.

(iPhone, iPad, and Z30 here.)
    decoy7 likes this.
    04-05-14 09:18 PM
    No advantage at all just BlackBerry branded

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:36 PM
    Psychological advantage!

Thats worth about 10% more battery performance

Stwutter likes this.
    04-14-14 09:32 AM
    Psychological advantage!

Thats worth about 10% more battery performance

TBH, yes, there are chargers out there that will not only give you more power, but can also be used for multiple devices. The main advantage I can see with the MP2100 (other than the fact it's 'Official', altho' that's of little significance) is that it's very usable on the go. If I'm out and about, and at a stage where a Z30 battery is on it's last legs, then the chances are I'm really hammering the device, and need the extra juice whilst making calls, texting etc etc etc... sometimes the extra %%% are needed there and then, rather than effectively having to plug the device in and leave it to charge.

Horses for courses, and all that.
    04-14-14 10:22 AM

TBH, yes, there are chargers out there that will not only give you more power, but can also be used for multiple devices. The main advantage I can see with the MP2100 (other than the fact it's 'Official', altho' that's of little significance) is that it's very usable on the go. If I'm out and about, and at a stage where a Z30 battery is on it's last legs, then the chances are I'm really hammering the device, and need the extra juice whilst making calls, texting etc etc etc... sometimes the extra %%% are needed there and then, rather than effectively having to plug the device in and leave it to charge.

Horses for courses, and all that.
    Also...

It's so thin and that helps with using the device with the battery on one hand.

04-14-14 10:57 AM
39 12