I have an old BlackBerry Z30 that I want to give to one of my helpers whose phone has broken. My BlackBerry ID that has been loaded on that device is linked to an email address from a company I no longer work for and I don't remember the password. I tried creating the helper his own BlackBerry ID but it wants the one loaded on the device that was used previously. I have erased all the data by entering the password incorrectly 10 times but still associates the device with my old ID. How do I completely reset if our bypass this? Thanks
    01-15-19 02:59 PM
    You don't. BlackBerry Protect was left enabled and it's technically doing what it's supposed to do. Even BlackBerry can't retrieve the password / unlock the device for you. There used to a method for it, but results may vary now. - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...3-3-a-1100040/
    01-15-19 04:10 PM
    How do I completely reset if our bypass this? Thanks
    Like Bla1ze says, you can't bypass this. There are more threads on this and the answer is always the same; you need to have access to the email that the ID is linked with.
    Have you tried contacting your old employer to help you out?
    01-15-19 05:14 PM
    Just to add, this was a legally mandated theft protection feature designed to stop rampant theft and robberies of mobile phones. There are no workarounds. The only solution would be to regain temporary access to the email address.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-15-19 05:20 PM