BB has repeatedly screwed the pooch every chance they've gotten over the last 4+ years. BB released the Storm and the Storm 2, and the 9850 and a tablet without email or BBM, and all the other crappy decisions. Not the media. Not a tech site blogger. Not a forum poster. I didn't kill BB. Obama did not kill blackberry. BGR did not kill Blackberry. Fox News and CNBC did not kill Blackberry. Blackberry ignored its core market. Lied to its most loyal user base. Disregarded its partners and developers and took advantage of the 'locked in' Enterprise Market until they were so frustrated they turned to Apple.

I hate - (And I really mean this more than you can know) hate to say it, but nothing Fox News said about the Z30 is untrue. This device is unlikely to sell any better than the Z10 and likely worse, in that it is a essentially the Z10 plus, or the Z10-C, or the Z10 -S.. released 8 months after the Z and 6 months after the Z's US launch. What does the Z10 have in it's price point that no other device has? The Hub? Really? That's not going to do it.

When in any store and a typical consumer asks the store clerk what's the difference between the Z and its competitors all they will hear is the other phone has more processing power so is probably faster, has a better screen, and more applications. The media did not force BB to put a 720P screen in instead of a 1080P. BGR did not hold a gun to Heinz's head and say if you put anything more than a dual core in there I will kill you. And I had nothing to do with the fact that the TAT team was not allowed to bring more elements into the OS.

BB is where it is because of how it has acted and continues to act. BB is spoken about the way it is because of how they have acted and continue to act. End of story.
    Can't disagree with any of that. Just to bad for the employees who worked hard, did what they were told and probably had some good ideas squashed.
    09-20-13 01:36 PM
    What's fox and why is it called news!?!
    09-20-13 01:41 PM
    I can't believe how... just plain wrong all those news anchors were. They hit the Arrogant marker with a shot gun. They compared Siri to BBM! The hell!? They're not even close to being a similar service!
    09-20-13 01:42 PM
    Well my uncle (super Android fan but former Blackberry user) sent me this review on CNET BlackBerry Z30 - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

They talk very well of the phone and my uncle is thinking on going back, it seems that there may be a chance with the Z30, I hope so, and am waiting to find it on amazon
    I darn near pooped my pants. that is a very positive review
    09-20-13 01:59 PM
    What's fox and why is it called news!?!
    TV Is Americans' Main Source of News Where are you living in a box? Fox is rated #1 among news providers again.
    09-20-13 02:01 PM
    While it may be true that BlackBerry dug their own grave (or technically, did nothing as Apple and Android raised the ground level), people have always continued to buy products from brands that had a few rotten tomatoes ... Look at auto manufacturers, despite all the 'badge-engineering' junk they've put out over the years, many of the brands have been given second 'public perception' chances once they re-tooled, listened to consumers, and improved their offerings.

Although no one other than BlackBerry may have provided an initial reason for the dislike... there is no question that, due to the perceived benefits the 'network effect' brings to being on the 'popular' mobile platforms, there is very much a group-think, peer-pressure, 'better fit in with the crowd and grab the pitch fork' aspect to this continued persecution of what is essentially... an electronic device.

After all, unlike blenders or vacuums (Dyson fanatics aside)... smartphones are tools explicitly designed for social interaction... so there is very much a socially-fueled aspect to what BlackBerry is experiencing.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    09-20-13 02:05 PM
    Doesn't say much coming from Fox News..Who actually watches that crap news network?
    09-20-13 02:11 PM
    It's Fox, yes? Not too reliable...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 02:19 PM
    Doesn't say much coming from Fox News..Who actually watches that crap news network?
    Just thought the same thing lol. They aren't known for their unbiased reporting!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 02:20 PM
    Blackberry marketing was poor. It didn't really sell itself as creative, being cool or interesting. It was all a bit stoggy looking back on the marketing.
    09-20-13 02:35 PM
    I went to the Fox GDNY fb page and left a - bad reporting, OPINIONS- NOT FACT, msg. about the OP's vid. post. Tired of the bashing. Yes they will delete it, but I will go back there and re-post. Even if 10 people read MY msg. before it gets deleted, I've done my bit and I'll be happy. Yeah, the losses and excess stock was reported as well, but just negative tone towards the new Z30. If it takes me 5 minutes out of every other day, I'm cool with that. FTW!!! BBBYCHOICE. OUT!
    09-20-13 03:04 PM
    Perception moves like an iceberg.
    09-20-13 03:09 PM
    TV Is Americans' Main Source of News Where are you living in a box? Fox is rated #1 among news providers again.
    Viewership and objective news reporting are not synonymous.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:31 PM
    did you mean 4.6 oz?
    No, I was deliberately being a moron for humorous reasons. Ignore me, this was just another instance of me pleasing myself.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-20-13 04:53 PM
    no it's not, the Z30 is only a couple cm taller and wider than the SG4! The Z10 is much smaller than the SG4 by several cm in both height and width.
    Here is a drawing of the Z10 size versus the published Z30 size, several centimeters? Please be factual when you argue it's 5 mm wider and 11mm taller.
    Z10. 130x67
    Z30. 141x72
    SG4. 137x70

Wow a whole 4mm shorter and an even smaller 2mm narrower than the Z30 and both run 5 inch screens

That's mm not cm

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 203929
    09-20-13 05:42 PM
    This isnt about blackberry vs. Apple......its about an American brand darling vs. and international based brand. Never forget that.
    With due respect, I never thought so.
    BB has been fine all over the world up until certain point.
    This is rather a text book failure of inept management that brought the whole show down to the ground, and victimized the dedicated employees along the way, in such a short period of time. It should be obvious to everybody. It's been really amazing!
    09-20-13 06:47 PM
    As I have stated a million times.... does anyone really care about the US market anymore ????? Was Samsungs Launch in the US first or Nokia ....Nope....

What will change BBRY is when they find an activist investor or ball breaker like Carl Icahn.

Ask the entire board and marketing team to resign and we will see the sun rise.
    Do they care? The US is the market that destroyed the BlackBerry brand. Are you kidding?

The US tech market/consumers set the trends. The rest of the world is extremely important, but the US market is in one of the top spots.

Since the US gave up hope on BlackBerry, everything has been going downhill. Even with their "loyal" markets on board, they are still losing subscribers and selling less devices. This is not rocket science.
    09-20-13 06:51 PM
    >News from Fox
    >Taking Fox seriously

goddamn that lady in green is, DIOS MIO.
    09-20-13 06:57 PM
    We are living in a world where many/majority like to be on a winning team, and the news doesn't like to leave the decision making up to the individual.

Z10, 10.2.0.1725
    09-20-13 07:23 PM
    She is hot though
    09-20-13 08:15 PM
    I often associate Fox News with some of my other clever oxymorons such as assistant supervisor and airline food.
    09-20-13 08:40 PM
    Ok honestly.... GDNY is the biggest joke of morning news here in NYC. Those two clowns are ALWAYS made fun of on other TV shows for being such morons. They're better comic relief then they are anchors. My girlfriend loves The Soup on E! and Greg Kelly is shown on there nearly every week

Anyway, I'll take the BBM publicity any day.

Also this 100 percent:

BB has repeatedly screwed the pooch every chance they've gotten over the last 4+ years. BB released the Storm and the Storm 2, and the 9850 and a tablet without email or BBM, and all the other crappy decisions. Not the media. Not a tech site blogger. Not a forum poster. I didn't kill BB. Obama did not kill blackberry. BGR did not kill Blackberry. Fox News and CNBC did not kill Blackberry. Blackberry ignored its core market. Lied to its most loyal user base. Disregarded its partners and developers and took advantage of the 'locked in' Enterprise Market until they were so frustrated they turned to Apple.

I hate - (And I really mean this more than you can know) hate to say it, but nothing Fox News said about the Z30 is untrue. This device is unlikely to sell any better than the Z10 and likely worse, in that it is a essentially the Z10 plus, or the Z10-C, or the Z10 -S.. released 8 months after the Z and 6 months after the Z's US launch. What does the Z10 have in it's price point that no other device has? The Hub? Really? That's not going to do it.

When in any store and a typical consumer asks the store clerk what's the difference between the Z and its competitors all they will hear is the other phone has more processing power so is probably faster, has a better screen, and more applications. The media did not force BB to put a 720P screen in instead of a 1080P. BGR did not hold a gun to Heinz's head and say if you put anything more than a dual core in there I will kill you. And I had nothing to do with the fact that the TAT team was not allowed to bring more elements into the OS.

BB is where it is because of how it has acted and continues to act. BB is spoken about the way it is because of how they have acted and continue to act. End of story.
    09-20-13 09:13 PM
    You guys forgot that the marketing team in charge of USA marketing all lived in Canada and second, they were all laid off. And third and most importantly all those jobs are being opened and are available in the US.

That happened like... two weeks ago.

Actually I search for current positions open in the US. And there's one that pops up.

Whoever fills that position has a lot of responsibility in their hands.

Marketing is everything
    Attachment 203961
    Attachment 203962
    09-20-13 09:54 PM
    To answer her question: I don't know who's going to buy it. A few thousand forum posters maybe... I can't think of a single person in my life who is ready to jump platforms this late in the game. The GS4 is stale now, Apple just released the newest iteration of the iPhone 5 and forced it down peoples throats like it matters.

Nobody is going to take a flyer on something they have to spend 2 years with (unless they can afford to buy another phone off contract - not a lot of people have the funds to do that.), so of course they're going to go with the sure thing. BlackBerry didn't market the consumer devices, they quit supporting them abruptly (hey playbook, nice coat of dust you're wearing. You about ready to go in the garbage yet? Thanks Thor!) and yet people are bewildered by it. I'm over it.
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-20-13 10:27 PM
    i have yet to see a press discussion where they discuss a BB product and actually show the product they are talking about.

the majority of this girls talk was about the Z30... yet all they show is a static image of a BBM splash screen

I watched an interview a couple months ago about the release for the Q5 and the girl was talking for over 2 minutes and all they showed was a picture of the Z10

... id say BB invests half of its remaining money into hiring people to work along with news stations just to set up proper press packages. lol
    09-20-13 11:56 PM
79 1234