I remember reading a leaked spec sheet regarding this possible device. From the initial look, it appeared to be a monster, then discussions about the Aristo faded into obscurity. Has anyone heard anything else regarding this device? I am a fan of the Z10, but I don't want to run out and buy a BB10 device until I've seen RIM's official BB10 flagship. I've done some forum searches and there appears to be little to no recent content or information, possibly due to the Z10 and X10 overshadowing it.
    magutwit likes this.
    12-30-12 11:47 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I don't think we'll find out more until Jan 30 when then reveal the BB10 lineup. In all honesty, the only difference is the quad core krait. I'm not sure whether they're really going to make another device with only that difference. I don't think it would make that big a difference in performance
    Aditya_Deshbandhu likes this.
    12-30-12 11:57 PM
    Won't hear anything about the Aristo Jan 30 unless RIM has a super duper huge monster surprise.

The 30th we'll see the first L and N-Series phones along with big name apps and a big view into BB10.
    12-31-12 12:07 AM
    Get over the Aristo for now, it's a device that currently doesn't even have test hardware. Just specs on paper somewhere as a potential avenue to take later on down the road.
    12-31-12 12:59 AM
    Yeah, I also have a little feeling Aristo may be this https://developer.blackberry.com/limitededition/.
    12-31-12 01:06 AM
    Get over the Aristo for now, it's a device that currently doesn't even have test hardware. Just specs on paper somewhere as a potential avenue to take later on down the road.
    Theres always something better coming down the road! Don't buy on contract! Sell you 1 year old device and get whats new if thats your style. Its going to be mine! Yes theres always a way to get a device off contract!!
    12-31-12 01:10 AM
    May be New York One much more realistic than Aristo itself.

I'm sure Kevin or even you ever saw this prototype.
    12-31-12 07:55 AM
    I remember reading a leaked spec sheet regarding this possible device. From the initial look, it appeared to be a monster, then discussions about the Aristo faded into obscurity. Has anyone heard anything else regarding this device? I am a fan of the Z10, but I don't want to run out and buy a BB10 device until I've seen RIM's official BB10 flagship. I've done some forum searches and there appears to be little to no recent content or information, possibly due to the Z10 and X10 overshadowing it.
    Highlighted the most important part. Potential device! The Z/L is 3 months delayed so any followup devices has also been pushed back in the roadmap. With this new BB10 software architecture RIM can plug in any ARM processor into new hardware quickly, and already know how to integrate in Qualcomm and TI processors and their nuances. My guess is that RIM will start having new devices in the pipeline for when sales start to slow in developed markets to answer the Android. RIM could easily plug in the OMAP5430 when available into the Z10 hardware as the OMAP 5 series is supposed to be pin-for-pin hardware and software compatible to the OMAP 4 series. People waited past the BBOS 7 because the BB10 was supposed to come out half a year later, and here we are a year past that and no BB10. Buy what's available, not what might come because something better is always around the corner in technology!
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    12-31-12 10:16 AM
    I'm sorry but I really don't like that name. That sounds stupid and unblackberry like to me, but whatever. I would buy it despite the name if it was cool.
    02-08-13 02:30 AM
    I'm sorry but I really don't like that name. That sounds stupid and unblackberry like to me, but whatever. I would buy it despite the name if it was cool.
    Well I'm sure the name will be extremely different. Its most likely a code name. Just like how the z10 was coded "lomdon" q10 was "nevada". And wasn't the 99xx the Dakota?

Badass avatar btw
    02-08-13 02:54 AM