As soon as BlackBerry officially dies I'm closing this CV account. They literally imploded on themselves. Zero direction and they're hanging by a thread.

Posted with my Z10
    Lol you will be waiting a longtime...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    RECOOL likes this.
    07-18-13 03:35 PM
    IPhone users do care about specs or else every new iPhone wouldn't sell the c r a p out each and every single time because of their "Faster, Thinner, Lighter" c r a p.

SPECS MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do people upgrade from the 4 to the 4s? Why to the 5 from the 4s? Cmon people..
    IOS users eat up this line each and every single time! CB oh CB...... How delusional you can be.

BTW I agree with your post and understand your position. Just don't agree with the first paragraph (the beginning). It just dawned on me for this reason why Apple users care about specs as much as everyone else. They want Apple and they want the latest and greatest device from them. The faster device. The thinner and lighter one.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    Let me rephrase that, they don't care if they have the best specs compared to the rest of the smartphone market. Apple usually gets people to upgrade with things like a better camera, with the iPhone 5 it was the 16x9 screen, new apps or OS features that won't work on the older devices. The are making improvements to each generation and not just making them lighter and thinner. If you compare an iPhone 5 to a GS3 or a Z10, it is an inferior device in every possible spec expect maybe the GPU, yet the iPhone 5 sold better than both. This shows that people who bought iPhone 5 care more about the name Apple, the experience and ecosystem then they do about specs of a smartphone. It is an improved device over the 4s and people are gobbling them up. The next iPhone will have NFC, probably an even better screen, and be improved over the 5 and inferior to the Aristo and the GS4 and people will still gobble them up.

But Apple is not BlackBerry, and BlackBerry cannot do business the way Apple does it because Apple is at the top of the list in the eyes of the consumer public in the complete smartphone package (experience, apps, and customer service), even though they are definitely no where near the top on specs. If the Aristo comes in at $450 to $500 tops, then it has a chance. If it comes in at $600, it will be laughed out of the market.
    Harley Kid and agp101 like this.
    07-18-13 04:18 PM
    Let me rephrase that, they don't care if they have the best specs compared to the rest of the smartphone market. Apple usually gets people to upgrade with things like a better camera, with the iPhone 5 it was the 16x9 screen, new apps or OS features that won't work on the older devices. The are making improvements to each generation and not just making them lighter and thinner. If you compare an iPhone 5 to a GS3 or a Z10, it is an inferior device in every possible spec expect maybe the GPU, yet the iPhone 5 sold better than both. This shows that people who bought iPhone 5 care more about the name Apple, the experience and ecosystem then they do about specs of a smartphone. It is an improved device over the 4s and people are gobbling them up. The next iPhone will have NFC, probably an even better screen, and be improved over the 5 and inferior to the Aristo and the GS4 and people will still gobble them up.

But Apple is not BlackBerry, and BlackBerry cannot do business the way Apple does it because Apple is at the top of the list in the eyes of the consumer public in the complete smartphone package (experience, apps, and customer service), even though they are definitely no where near the top on specs. If the Aristo comes in at $450 to $500 tops, then it has a chance. If it comes in at $600, it will be laughed out of the market.
    I do agree with you on every point here. You summed it up pretty well.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    Pilchard likes this.
    07-18-13 07:29 PM

When people say iPhone's specs aren't great. It's totally wrong. Yes it has a dual core, but their dual core is faster than the quad cores that were out at the time (especially since it was developed in-house). Even their GPU is better than the GPU's that were out at the time.

Their camera is also top of the line.

Screen is also very sharp, bright, and anything else you name it.

iPhone is top dog for a reason.

Don't believe me about the processor and GPU, take a look here: AnandTech | The iPhone 5 Performance Preview

It tops pretty much ALL benchmarks.
    07-18-13 09:31 PM
    If you compare an iPhone 5 to a GS3 or a Z10, it is an inferior device in every possible spec expect maybe the GPU, yet the iPhone 5 sold better than both. This shows that people who bought iPhone 5 care more about the name Apple, the experience and ecosystem then they do about specs of a smartphone. .
    For the umpteenth time, the iPhone 5 has a more powerful CPU, GPU and camera than the Z10. This is known.
    bekkay likes this.
    07-19-13 01:59 AM
    For the umpteenth time, the iPhone 5 has a more powerful CPU, GPU and camera than the Z10. This is known.
    Huh lol. It doesn't have a more powerful cpu... GPU yes
    Camera have the same specs, although Apple is using the better camera software. http://www.technotin.com/comparisons...pple-iphone-5/
    Check your facts seriously...

07-19-13 08:50 AM
    Camera have the same specs, although Apple is using the better camera software. http://www.technotin.com/comparisons...pple-iphone-5/

And you should get your facts right...
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/t...rmance-preview

Yes, the CPU has more power. By a big margin.

Remember the time of the first gen Intel Centrino processor in notebooks?
    Clocked incredibly low, but with a lot of power behind it.

@Camera
    http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-575...ung-galaxy-s3/

And, because I can:

http://gizmodo.com/5980316/blackberr...in-a-long-time

I also haven't read anywhere that the iPhone uses the same camera module as the Z10 does.
    Nowhere.

So I don't care what you believe, but the iPhone has a better CPU, a better GPU and a better camera.

These are facts...

Posted via CB10
    jedibeeftrix and bekkay like this.
    07-19-13 09:22 AM
    Yup i would. Im guessing you are reffering to android as they are the only OS with phones that cheap.. I have a question for you are you comfortable paying $300 less for an inferior OS that has massive security flaws that are exploited by those apps everyone brags about?
    It seems as though BlackBerry users are the only ones that would answer yes to that question.. and we all see how well that's going for BlackBerry
    07-23-13 04:58 PM
    And you should get your facts right...
    AnandTech | The iPhone 5 Performance Preview

Yes, the CPU has more power. By a big margin.

Remember the time of the first gen Intel Centrino processor in notebooks?
    Clocked incredibly low, but with a lot of power behind it.

@Camera
    BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

And, because I can:

BlackBerry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-Light Performance We've Seen in a Long Time

I also haven't read anywhere that the iPhone uses the same camera module as the Z10 does.
    Nowhere.

So I don't care what you believe, but the iPhone has a better CPU, a better GPU and a better camera.

These are facts...

Posted via CB10
    I'm not arguing that the camera and gpu is better on the iPhone 5. But from what I've seen for the CPU the Z10 is faster. I've looked through the geekbench scores and my phone got around 1900.
    07-25-13 01:44 PM
    Most people don't care about security. Most people don't care about usability. Most people like lots of silly apps that they will use for a week. Truth is nothing, perception is everything. BlackBerry still looks boring to most people and you can't argue with that. Being a fanboy can be blinding. If the masses don't like Blackberry like you do, you won't have one soon. Ask Palm lovers.
    07-25-13 04:15 PM
    Most people don't care about security. Most people don't care about usability. Most people like lots of silly apps that they will use for a week. Truth is nothing, perception is everything. BlackBerry still looks boring to most people and you can't argue with that. Being a fanboy can be blinding. If the masses don't like Blackberry like you do, you won't have one soon. Ask Palm lovers.
    For what reason did I leave iPhone if bb10 looks boring.

07-25-13 04:39 PM
    Why did you make the thread?

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Because he is a troll! What the troll dose not know is that a majority of the higher ups at Verizon carry BlackBerrys, the problem is the sales people who a majority are snot nosed young brats who like to sell toys, droid and icraps,and let's not forget the epic failed windows phone. I wish trolls would do research before posting stuff they have no idea about

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:08 PM
    Because he is a troll! What the troll dose not know is that a majority of the higher ups at Verizon carry BlackBerrys, the problem is the sales people who a majority are snot nosed young brats who like to sell toys, droid and icraps,and let's not forget the epic failed windows phone. I wish trolls would do research before posting stuff they have no idea about

Posted via CB10
    If the higher ups at Verizon have BlackBerrys why is it taking them forever to push the update?

07-25-13 05:39 PM
    Nexus 4 has update for Android 4.3 supporting OpenGL ES 3.0 now! And Samsung, HTC, and Sony are promising similar updates by this fall:

Editors' roundtable: Weighing in on Android 4.3, Chromecast and the new Nexus 7 | Android Central

When A10 is released, if the rumored specs are correct, then it will come across as a lesser of Samsung Note II spec device:

Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 vs. BlackBerry A10 - GSMArena.com

Except that the OS doesn't support OpenGL ES 3.0 yet (and neither does Android)
    07-25-13 06:07 PM
    A10 will address a smaller market than Z10. 5 inch plus smartphones are a niche market. I agree with you. It has to be priced right or it will fall flat no matter how much it is marketed as a gaming phone.

If the Aristo comes in at $450 to $500 tops, then it has a chance. If it comes in at $600, it will be laughed out of the market.
    07-25-13 06:18 PM
    I doubt it will be lower than 600. But at release of A10 it should only make sense for them to drop prices on the rest of the BB10 products.

07-25-13 06:25 PM
    If the higher ups at Verizon have BlackBerrys why is it taking them forever to push the update?

Because they are carpet walkers, not testers, testers don't care when you get an update

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:58 PM
    Because they are carpet walkers, not testers, testers don't care when you get an update

Posted via CB10
    When a boss says to get **** done **** gets done quickly or you lose the job.

MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-25-13 09:03 PM
    I doubt it will be lower than 600. But at release of A10 it should only make sense for them to drop prices on the rest of the BB10 products.

They should drop in due time regardless of this launch
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-25-13 09:24 PM
    its not even exist in my country, the biggest bb market in Asia.
    07-25-13 09:43 PM
    its not even exist in my country, the biggest bb market in Asia.
    A10? It hasn't been released anywhere yet.
    07-25-13 10:50 PM
    Ok. Reading the flavor of most of the posters it seems that no one wants blackberry to survive let alone grow. There's nothing else we can say or do to improve BlackBerry phones or os. I myself have limited my posts and readings on Crackberry due to the overwhelming negativity that oozes and pours from the posters. It makes me sick that people cannot converse without having to resort to scathing insults and petty remarks. BlackBerry is a corporation, there is nothing that anyone can do to change anything they are going to do. I'm a consumer. The only vote I have is with my dollars. ********, whining and complaining only serves to drive fractures in what once was a thriving technology community. Then again, maybe that is the goal of these negative based posts.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:39 AM
    Ok. Reading the flavor of most of the posters it seems that no one wants blackberry to survive let alone grow. There's nothing else we can say or do to improve BlackBerry phones or os. I myself have limited my posts and readings on Crackberry due to the overwhelming negativity that oozes and pours from the posters. It makes me sick that people cannot converse without having to resort to scathing insults and petty remarks. BlackBerry is a corporation, there is nothing that anyone can do to change anything they are going to do. I'm a consumer. The only vote I have is with my dollars. ********, whining and complaining only serves to drive fractures in what once was a thriving technology community. Then again, maybe that is the goal of these negative based posts.

Posted via CB10
    you and me both. they should just rename this forum to smackberry and be done with it.
    07-26-13 01:05 AM
    Camera have the same specs, although Apple is using the better camera software. Blackberry Z10 vs Apple iPhone 5

You do the same.

Review BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

You can check other sources like ArsTechnica and Anandtech, which have CPU performance benchmarks for the MSM8960 (and specifically for the Z10) and the A6 in the iPhone 5. Those benchmarks show that the A6 performs about 20-60% better than the Snapdragon.
    07-26-13 01:21 AM
    Wow. 20 to 60%. That's quite a margin.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 06:16 PM
270 ... 891011