A whole bunch of dinosaurs think the rest of the world think the same way like them: the specs doesn't matter.
    07-17-13 07:41 PM
    Key sentence : remember blackberry will not get the support from the sales staff.

Lost sale, blackberry wants like 10% market share (niche) not more, that explains all the layoff. They know they have zero chance at competing with Samsung ans Apple.

Lovers mentality. I doubt I keep my z10 till the end of the year...

Posted with my Z10
    07-17-13 07:44 PM
    The fact of the matter is when Joe bob walks into Verizon to get a new phone and expects to dish out $500 he walks around the store to see what they have to offer. Now when reading the specs on the devices on display and having no real tec knowledge he sees 3 good looking devices and starts to compare them, he sees devices with 16+MP cameras and quad core prossers... now we have a blackberry with mediocre specifications at best example dual cores and 8MP cameras for the same price... now honestly what do you think Joe Bob is going to buy???

Think about it. You and I might know what is the better device and Os but Joe Bob does not. All he sees is how much money he is spending and what all he's getting for it at face value.
    Also remember that BlackBerry is not going to get any real support from the sales staff at the store, it is up to BlackBerry to catch the eye of Joe Bob.

It doesn't matter to us because we know better but the AVRAGE consumer doesn't know these things... all they see is what is directly in front of them.

Posted via CB10
    MY idea is to differentiate. Camera is important to consumers. (replacement digital camera) The processor has a quad-core GPU. I am wondering if it is doing some of the heavy lifting on the OS (UI). It would make things faster.

I think it would be competitor to the S4. They are making more sales on S4 than what Blackberry is making with all their products.
    07-17-13 10:38 PM
    If specs don't sell phones, please answer my questions

Have you seen a phone company release 2 new phones with identical hardware configuration?
    Would you pay 600 dollars to replace an old phone with a new one when both of them have the same phone hardware configuration while one has OS 6.1 and another has OS 6.1.2 or 6.2 or 7.0?

Buying a phone is like buying a computer. When you spend 2000 dollars to buy a Dell computer, you don't spend this amount for MS windows 8 pro. Windows 8 pro OEM only costs 130 dollars. The more money you spend for a computer or a phone, the better your phone or computer is.
    07-17-13 11:30 PM
    Niche might be sensible provided it's roomy enough, and not defined by overly modest specs and capabilities. There are precedents for a high-end niche being a platform for real growth. If that was BB's plan there might be a way to continue to improve developer support.

I can see the Value of the Q5 line and the overall benefit of keeping a good presence in emerging markets. But I need my device to handle a lot of data and multiple email accounts. Not everyone in my business thinks this way. I was surprised to see a colleague scrolling through an impressive number of emails on her track wheel-era BlackBerry. It still worked and displayed beautifully and it brought back a time when BlackBerry was truly a marvel.

The thing is that even with people with limited needs in a handset finally get around to upgrading their ancient BlackBerry, every phone can meet the basic needs and long ago became reflex to get an IPhone. IT departments can sync them up in 5 minutes and there are the old emails, only bright and shiny and the simplest flourish dazzles.

I don't yet have a sense of where BlackBerry wants to be in 5 years. With the Z10 and Q10, we finally had a release worth pining for. The risks, obstacles and efforts were enormous for BlackBerry but that was already then and the A10 is the new now and if the modest specs are as reported, this could feel like a plateau or stall.

BlackBerry needs to keep pushing for some wow factor and the initial grumbling and defensive over arguing is not a good early sign.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:43 PM
    I�m so annoyed and exhaused by defending my affinity to BlackBerry (against android- and apple-user), waiting for over 3 years for BB10 and hoping for rebirth of BlackBerry, that my patience ist completely gone! IF BlackBerry penalised us actually with this rumoured specs of its so called flagship, I promise you one thing: I will switch to htc (or similar) and will delete my account at CB. I�m soooo pis**d by this misjudgements and wrong decisions of Thorsten Heins and his vassals (especially in context with their excessive praise and adulate BB10)... It will be sad when BlackBerry would disappear from market but sometimes companys and its iability deserve this autopurification of market...
    07-18-13 12:24 AM
    Dude calm down lmfao
    I have also defended my love for BlackBerry
    My coworkers even made me offers so I move to iphone.
    Now that the company is back we have to support it by sticking to them
    And they know what they have to lose what they need to do and what ppl are demanding
    Now whatever steps they make is for a reason
    I'm also angry at the fact that they don't release an up to date phone, but then again, these are RUMORED specs
    We don't know yet

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    anon2100101 likes this.
    07-18-13 12:45 AM
    A10 has DEDICATED, I repeat again DEDICATED quad core GPU. This phone will be gaming mobile beast. This phone will be true Playstation on the go.

Marketing is the key here. if i was working at Blackberry and had to run advertising campaign i would make sure that anyone who saw A10 ad would never forget about quad core GPU. I would send out more blackberry employees to educate store stuff especially in USA about this new phone features. Finally I would make sure to get at least couple of A10 exclusive games with jaw dropping visuals utilizing GPU quad core power.. I tell you Samsung and Apple would be caught with their pants down!

There have been quad core GPUs in iPads for ages, The GPU in the Exynos Octa in the Galaxy S4 is Quad core, the quad core Snapdragon 800 devices will start shipping next month with Quad core GPUs, the next iPhone is certain to use the next gen quad core SGX 6 series GPUs.

I find it highly unlikely that anything in the A10 will top these. The PSVita has a Quad Core GPU and yet has since been eclipsed in graphics prowess by the triple core GPU in the iPhone 5.

Nobody is going to be 'caught with their pants down'.

There aren't enough AAA games coming out early on on BB10 to attract avid gamers anyway.
    agp101 and anon2100101 like this.
    07-18-13 01:09 AM
    If specs don't sell phones, please answer my questions

Have you seen a phone company release 2 new phones with identical hardware configuration?
    Would you pay 600 dollars to replace an old phone with a new one when both of them have the same phone hardware configuration while one has OS 6.1 and another has OS 6.1.2 or 6.2 or 7.0?

Buying a phone is like buying a computer. When you spend 2000 dollars to buy a Dell computer, you don't spend this amount for MS windows 8 pro. Windows 8 pro OEM only costs 130 dollars. The more money you spend for a computer or a phone, the better your phone or computer is.
    The argument that specs doesn't matter is when a certain hardware has exceeded the point of real world usability. The problem with BBRY is that they're not in the spec race but they publish their abysmal specs.

They should hide their specs. 12x faster than a Bold 9900. 8x more memory than the Bold 9000, that's it. Most if not all legacy users did not care what was inside their thing. Only when a certain major usability hiccup was found, like say the 9000's measly 128Mb, did it become an issue.
    07-18-13 02:08 AM
    Dude is right. I can't imagine BB didn't think this out.
    07-18-13 04:04 AM
    The argument that specs doesn't matter is when a certain hardware has exceeded the point of real world usability. The problem with BBRY is that they're not in the spec race but they publish their abysmal specs.

They should hide their specs. 12x faster than a Bold 9900. 8x more memory than the Bold 9000, that's it. Most if not all legacy users did not care what was inside their thing. Only when a certain major usability hiccup was found, like say the 9000's measly 128Mb, did it become an issue.
    BB can't keep doing the same sh*t months after months and expect a good result. If they say that their new devices are X times faster than current models WITHOUT any proof, they're gone. BB need to learn a lesson about not repackaging their new phone with cosmetic changes and asking consumers to pay 700 dollar for it.

I'd tell BB sales representatives to get lost if their 700 dollar A10 had the following specs: 5" screen (no HD), a slightly bigger battery, and a quadcore GPU. No freaking way. Not in my widest dream.
    07-18-13 04:54 AM
    BB can't keep doing the same sh*t months after months and expect a good result. If they say that their new devices are X times faster than current models WITHOUT any proof, they're gone. BB need to learn a lesson about not repackaging their new phone with cosmetic changes and asking consumers to pay 700 dollar for it.

I'd tell BB sales representatives to get lost if their 700 dollar A10 had the following specs: 5" screen (no HD), a slightly bigger battery, and a quadcore GPU. No freaking way. Not in my widest dream.
    BBRY made a gamble. Their research says spec enlightenment is not there yet. So their phones are specced just a bit better than the other spec-denier, apple.

Only time will tell.
    07-18-13 05:36 AM
    BBRY made a gamble. Their research says spec enlightenment is not there yet. So their phones are specced just a bit better than the other spec-denier, apple.

Only time will tell.
    Because BB are behind Apples and Android phone companies, they can't afford to fall behind any further. Microsoft partnership with Nokia will make more difficult for BB when they produce cheaper phones.

When consumers can't find BB phones in top tier or mid tier or low tier, they're gone. It's that simple.
    07-18-13 05:50 AM
    I currently have an iPhone 5. I started on the 3 then 4 before going to the 5. Never once did I look at specs for my decision, I went to the 5 simply because it was supposed to be LTE (finally got that in my area Manitoba) and a bigger screen vs the i4. Oh and it was lighter too.

I'm waiting till my upgrade option isn't $600, then the Z10 is mine or I'll see the size of the A10
    07-18-13 06:45 AM
    I have never seen a cutomer who wasn't tech savy care about specs. I've stated this time and time again THE MASSES DONT BUY PHONES BASED OFF SPECS. THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY MEAN. People like us on these tech sites are a different story.Too bad people on here don't undersatand we are not the typical customers we are the acception. Some people don't get it.
    True.
    But hearsay and reviews are a powerful things.
    I have lost count of befuddled ladies at my workplace who show up with gleaming S4s looking for help on where to start with this device they hear is the best.
    And yes they are far from tech savvy and are average tech customers at best but faithfully follow spec shoot outs and reviews. when deciding what to get..
    07-18-13 07:05 AM
    I currently have an iPhone 5. I started on the 3 then 4 before going to the 5. Never once did I look at specs for my decision, I went to the 5 simply because it was supposed to be LTE (finally got that in my area Manitoba) and a bigger screen vs the i4. Oh and it was lighter too.

I'm waiting till my upgrade option isn't $600, then the Z10 is mine or I'll see the size of the A10
    And you my friend are two things:-

1) Someone who knows what they want/need/works for them.
    2) Are a critically endangered species.
    07-18-13 07:14 AM

LTE, the screen size and the weight are also "specs".

But apart from that: Apple sells more than just a phone.

The comparison with BlackBerry is a bad one...

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:17 AM
    It's about the apps. Even if joe bob buys the bb10 device, takes it home, realizes its missing major apps, returns it. It's about the apps. It's exactly why windows phone is suffering as well.
    07-18-13 07:31 AM
    Yeah

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:06 AM
    Because BB are behind Apples and Android phone companies, they can't afford to fall behind any further. Microsoft partnership with Nokia will make more difficult for BB when they produce cheaper phones.

When consumers can't find BB phones in top tier or mid tier or low tier, they're gone. It's that simple.
    Not that simple. They're behind for many other reasons.
    07-18-13 12:36 PM
    As soon as BlackBerry officially dies I'm closing this CV account. They literally imploded on themselves. Zero direction and they're hanging by a thread.

Posted with my Z10
    07-18-13 01:08 PM
    They haven't published the spec; the spec leaked.
    Apple has the benefit of making their own CPUs so they don't have to fully reveal the spec.
    Blackberry specs leak out ahead of time, and after the phones go on sale, any one can open one up and identify the parts (which have specs/benchmarks freely available on the internet)

07-18-13 01:11 PM

Most iPhone users don't care about specs, or at least haven't in the past, they care that it has the Apple logo. It is the platform that is going to get the apps first, has all the music, movies, etc, and fantastic customer service. Apple has their own chips made now for them and labels them A5, A5X, A6, etc. They have gone the better GPU route but scaling the processor back in speed to save power. And people don't care as long as it works, and that is what Apple is good, their stuff just works, and works well.

BlackBerry on the other hand right now doesn't have anything to point to to sell devices. They have a new OS, but no one knows this. They have a horrible reputation in the consumer space right now as being way behind everyone. The new OS is missing many apps people want from their platform. They basically are working from behind the eight ball. It will be a long road to get their products selling well and the name brand BlackBerry back in good light! Unfortunately they don't seem to get this and instead price things like they are still an in-demand brand and have an arrogance about them. When you have over $100 Billion in the bank and people will buy your products almost on name alone like Apple then you can be arrogant. When you are hemorrhaging subscribers and your new devices aren't selling well you cannot be arrogant!
    07-18-13 01:56 PM
    LTE, the screen size and the weight are also "specs".

But apart from that: Apple sells more than just a phone.

The comparison with BlackBerry is a bad one...

Posted via CB10
    To support your argument:

If specs aren't important then why does bb sell a Q5 and a Q10? Why not just sell the Q5? What, the hardware isn't good enough for anyone?? Why don't Q10 owners chime in on why they bought the 10 and not the 5. What about Z10 owners who want to go for the A10? The Z10 isn't good enough for you?? Why would you rather the A10? Surely bb10 is all the same, the only difference must be hardware....

Every piece of hardware is a spec. Yes, even the keyboard. Q10 keyboard is different than the Q5. The style is a spec, just like different screen types and styles are specs. IPS or SAMOLED?

Specs matter folks. Hardware matters. Why did anyone purchase the Z10 and not the Q10? Or vice versa? Surely you prefer the Z10 or Q10 "hardware" more than the other...

See folks, stop convincing yourselves that specs don't natter and that BBRY will be fine and dandy. They won't. They annoy me and I was a big fan of theirs. I just realized how ******** they can be, and how ridiculous the management is. It's evident in all the things they do.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    MarsupilamiX and ajst222 like this.
    07-18-13 03:27 PM
    Most iPhone users don't care about specs, or at least haven't in the past, they care that it has the Apple logo. It is the platform that is going to get the apps first, has all the music, movies, etc, and fantastic customer service. Apple has their own chips made now for them and labels them A5, A5X, A6, etc. They have gone the better GPU route but scaling the processor back in speed to save power. And people don't care as long as it works, and that is what Apple is good, their stuff just works, and works well.

BlackBerry on the other hand right now doesn't have anything to point to to sell devices. They have a new OS, but no one knows this. They have a horrible reputation in the consumer space right now as being way behind everyone. The new OS is missing many apps people want from their platform. They basically are working from behind the eight ball. It will be a long road to get their products selling well and the name brand BlackBerry back in good light! Unfortunately they don't seem to get this and instead price things like they are still an in-demand brand and have an arrogance about them. When you have over $100 Billion in the bank and people will buy your products almost on name alone like Apple then you can be arrogant. When you are hemorrhaging subscribers and your new devices aren't selling well you cannot be arrogant!
    IPhone users do care about specs or else every new iPhone wouldn't sell the c r a p out each and every single time because of their "Faster, Thinner, Lighter" c r a p.

SPECS MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do people upgrade from the 4 to the 4s? Why to the 5 from the 4s? Cmon people..
    IOS users eat up this line each and every single time! CB oh CB...... How delusional you can be.

BTW I agree with your post and understand your position. Just don't agree with the first paragraph (the beginning). It just dawned on me for this reason why Apple users care about specs as much as everyone else. They want Apple and they want the latest and greatest device from them. The faster device. The thinner and lighter one.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-18-13 03:31 PM
270 ... 7891011