I think this is also a good point. The question is what is the target audience for BlackBerry products? Not a life waster is for sure. If device is build for efficiency, its clearly build for people capable to discover its strength. If it was not true, I would say 3.7 million devices sold is too many considering all the problems with the new phones (lack of apps, camera, reboots, battery, drop test).
    As many of us know, the simplest and intuitive approach usually does not lead to the best results. Otherwise, why we need science at all?
    Let's make everything simple. In this case any of today tech would not be available. There are many examples in other areas also...
    07-16-13 06:23 PM
    A10 has DEDICATED, I repeat again DEDICATED quad core GPU. This phone will be gaming mobile beast. This phone will be true Playstation on the go.
    Wait...what??? That can't be right. That would make all the "tools, not toys" people seem a bit ridiculous. Oops..never mind. Too late.
    07-16-13 06:34 PM
    It appears this may be a fail!! I'm still not convinced the average user wants a phone that large!!!
    07-16-13 08:32 PM
    A10 has DEDICATED, I repeat again DEDICATED quad core GPU. This phone will be gaming mobile beast. This phone will be true Playstation on the go.
    Professional hour is over. Amateur hour begins. Time to leapfrog the competition. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    LWKING likes this.
    07-16-13 08:57 PM
    Depending on the actual release date, I think it's fair to assume (I know) that the A10 is already being built and stock piled. No changes now.

FWIW, I think that BBRY anticipated that the Z10 would take off. Follow that up with the Q10 a few months later to keep the market hot, and then BAM!, release the A10. Unfortunately, the first two steps apparently didn't happen according to plan and now BBRY is stuck with the A10 needing to save the day.
    07-16-13 09:15 PM
    Do you really think the average user is worried about that? Samsung wouldn't be selling any phones if that was the case.
    Apparently you've not been on here lately
    What I was trying to say is that Joe Bob III, walking in a shop after having heard a bit about mobiles, after having seen mates with Android phones, after talking to sales reps, won't necessarily pay $300 extra for that phone when he could have the same hardware from a company he's heard isn't dying and which has millions of apps.
    You, as a BlackBerry user, might be perfectly happy with a bigger phone, running the OS you love, but you will be a minority.
    Would you pay $300 extra for the phone with the better OS, but less apps?
    I agree with this guy 100%. Not only that the consumer can't get vine, instagram, netflix, snapchat etc on a BB10, he also sees his friends posting on and laughing about it while that consumer would be left out. (unlike a crackberry user like me running 10.2 with 4.2.2 android runtime using the debug token so the whole play store is available to me)

Blackberry needs to win the people coming from WP8, Droid, iPhone etc They won't win them back with the specs that should have been in the Z10 in the first place. Every 4.6"+ device is in flagship territory. Camera even though it is basically the same Best Phone Camera - 2013 Smartphone Camera Shootout - LAPTOP. The average consumer that you are trying to steal from Droid, iPhone WP8 are going to look at the paper and say it sucks. 720p I'm 100% fine with since the human eye can't tell the difference especially on a 5" screen and good at consuming battery. People are going to go for the other phones since they are all getting to be 1080p now especially for 4.6+" devices. Battery A10 will have the smallest battery out of all 5" screen phones. BEEF UP THE SPECS!!! We have nothing else to fall back on to get a new customer base!!

Look at the phones that are coming out around the same time iPhone 5s/6 with iOS7 (look crappy but will sell. Low specs but the average apple consumer isn't the smartest and they love apps which all first go to iphone before anyone else), Samsung Note 3, Motorola X, HTC m4 (codename same has the One but smaller), Nokia, Nexus 5. Every single one of those phones will have more apps, new OS and much better specs.

Hardware isn't going to get the average consumer. Watching a friend trying to play with your BB10 phone is like watching a girl play Call of Duty for the first time it is brutal.
    Last edited by khehl; 07-16-13 at 11:29 PM.
    CrackFachry likes this.
    07-16-13 11:09 PM
    Depending on the actual release date, I think it's fair to assume (I know) that the A10 is already being built and stock piled. No changes now.

FWIW, I think that BBRY anticipated that the Z10 would take off. Follow that up with the Q10 a few months later to keep the market hot, and then BAM!, release the A10. Unfortunately, the first two steps apparently didn't happen according to plan and now BBRY is stuck with the A10 needing to save the day.
    I think they are still playing with beta devices since it probably won't be out until xmas even though I thought it was supposed to be October
    07-16-13 11:11 PM
    This is spot on. The Z10, Q10 both had more promise than the A10. The A10 should be released quietly to avoid high expectations, in fact, expectations should be set low, with announcement as a device to round out the BB 10 product line in the context of a growing ecosystem that will evolve over the next 1 to 2 years, along with BB10 OS improvements, QNX implementation, BES 10 adoption, etc. It would be sheer stupidity to release this as a "flagship" product.
    07-16-13 11:36 PM
    BlackBerry just needs to cost the A10 accordingly. Higher specs means more costs. The bonus with the speed and efficiency should be just that.. a bonus. If I could get a great running phone with great battery at a reasonable cost.. then specs don't really matter.
    Agreed. Production has been recently cut on the Z10 and the Q10 from 2 to 1 million/month because sales are not what was originally anticipated. So, BlackBerry, cut the price and go back to Marketing: 101 - whatever it takes......to move units.
    07-16-13 11:49 PM
    I love how many here think that this 'Joe Bob' has the intelligence of a plank of wood. 'They jus need ejucatin'' Eh?

This is a myth. Most people have gone through a contract stuck with a phone they regret buying.
    Or have not been able to upgrade to the latest software because the hardware is outdated.
    Or cannot run the latest games at a decent framerate because their hardware is outdated.
    Or start to use their phone as a mini computer and realise they are only limited in what they can do by the phone's specs.
    Or throughout the course of their contract, their phone starts to slow down due to the multiple tasks they are asking it to do, more than they originally envisaged when they bought the phone.

I could go on, but the trend is clear; people understand that the lifespan of their device is very much linked to the hardware.

This self deception that many hold here is based on ignorance and im afraid a dollop of arrogance. People have computers, TVs, microwaves, DVD players, MP3 players etc. They are ever more clued up on technology and the one thing that those who pay the bill realise, is things get outdated technology-wise, very quick. Why? With all those I just named, the common denominator is hardware.

Suck this up and accept it. The A10 wil be a failure because of the above. Its outdated before its released. People know this and rightly will refuse to put down good money for it.

BB must do better if they want to survive in the tech game.
    That's specious reasoning, tell me, when was the last time you pushed a phone with modern day specs (dual core, 2gb ram, etc) to its absolute limit? Never because nothing that we do on a phone so far even requires such robust specs, I'm not saying the A10 specs are cutting edge by any means but they will carry the phone easily for the next two years whilst providing the user a smooth experience.
    07-16-13 11:58 PM
    Yes they do.

Posted via CB10
    Says you....�Thptttt
    07-17-13 12:21 AM
    All I want is a phone that is has a great build quality ( think Apple) and that has soft ware and hardware the works with no bugs, lags or glitches. It should take great pictures and have a browser with text reflow. It should last all day on a charge. It should be priced so that I can buy it on a two year contract.
    Dmessenger likes this.
    07-17-13 12:26 AM
    That's specious reasoning, tell me, when was the last time you pushed a phone with modern day specs (dual core, 2gb ram, etc) to its absolute limit? Never because nothing that we do on a phone so far even requires such robust specs, I'm not saying the A10 specs are cutting edge by any means but they will carry the phone easily for the next two years whilst providing the user a smooth experience.
    Were talking about the average consumer here. The normal consumer will see that and laugh. Same this with 720p vs 1080p people are just not educated enough to know or care. But on paper they see something they will go for the highest specs. Which is completely normal. Who doesn't want something that is bigger, faster and better on paper? Not to mention they look to what their friends have and take that into consideration ( not blackberrys)
    07-17-13 12:34 AM
    Too expensive compared to other devices on the market with established ecosystems, especially if the 720 res rumors hold true. It will move less units than the Z10. BlackBerry name isn't worth anything beyond this site and gets more and more tarnished with each failed business execution by the company. They need need get units in people's hands over massive profits per device right now, and they will only do that by providing value. Paying the same or more for a lower spec'd device with a tiny ecosystem, and questionable company future is not value!
    BB surely can price a10 as a hig end device,but what they need to do is apart from specifications are
    1.Bring more pathbreaking features to BB10 and A10 should be the device which will introduce those
    2.Come up with advertisements in the likes of note 2 where the size should compliment features
    3.Market as a phablet
    Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:44 AM
    128GB of storage.

That'd help, no?

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-17-13 02:19 AM
    Gotta love these trash threads
    07-17-13 03:03 AM
    BBRY might just surprise all of you with better specs on A10!!!
    07-17-13 05:44 AM
    BBRY might just surprise all of you with better specs on A10!!!
    No one in crackberry cares about specs those fat phone lovers ,keep up with jones will buy regardless.This phone is not aimed for BB users this is android territory. The concern is BB put out not even entry level specs for a phablet .If they are they should leave it alone and not waste money.If specs are not even ''entry level'' they should really just sell from their website as special order. Infact they should start considering special order heavily on a alot of things. This phones got flop on it for me.Hey prove me wrong but money would of been better spent on tablets,marketing better on Z and Q devices.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 07-17-13 at 10:30 AM.
    07-17-13 06:01 AM
    At least we know what the A in A10 stands for .. at least in terms of specs ... Anorexic
    agp101 likes this.
    07-17-13 06:05 AM
    its not specs that will catch the masses. its the:

design,
    camera,
    PRICE and of course -
    screen resolution. arguably one of the most important nowadays.. great big screen, bad resolution? no thanks. is what people would think.

dont forget the note 3 will be out soon and is said to have full 1080p :s

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    agp101 likes this.
    07-17-13 06:52 AM
    Would you pay $300 extra for the phone with the better OS, but less apps?
    I already did. I love my z10. And the lack of apps you talk about is two apps maybe four at the most. Leaks keep me entertained...
    07-17-13 07:07 AM
    You guys ask for more ppi... had they increased it they would also need to increase resolution and guess what... now all the apps that are compatible with the Z10 are no longer compatible for the A10... you think devs will get on that? no....

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-17-13 07:53 AM
    You guys ask for more ppi... had they increased it they would also need to increase resolution and guess what... now all the apps that are compatible with the Z10 are no longer compatible for the A10... you think devs will get on that? no....

You think a phone with mediocre hardware from early 2012 will sell well in late 2013 for about 600$?

You think consumers will chose the A10 over an S4 or an iPhone 5s or an HTC One or an Xperia Z or a Note 3 if they are all priced equally?

Man, please get real.

I would compliment BlackBerry instantly on the A10, if they price it competitively compared to these phones, but at an equal price, the A10 will be a joke.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    07-17-13 08:01 AM
    You are telling me to get real? When I just explained the reality? Lol... btw a quadcore gpu and 1.7ghz dual core isn't low specs.. iPhone 5S will most likely be 1.5 ghz dual core.

07-17-13 08:10 AM
    No one in crackberry cares about specs those fatphones ,keep up with jones will buy regardless.This phone is not aimed for BB users this is android territory. The concern is BB put out not even entry level specs for a phablet that they should leave it alone and not waste money.If specs are not even ''entry level'' they should really just sell from their website as special order. Infact they should start considering special order heavily on a alot of things. This phones got flop on it for me.Hey prove me wrong but money would of been better spent on tablets,marketing better way to follow up Z and Q devices.
    I completely agree with your assertions.

And I actually like that Idea, that BlackBerry should sell more from their website as a special order.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 08:15 AM
270 ... 34567 ...