And what games you planning to play?
    Judging from the app selection, not a whole lot
    your comment does not make sense. There is a lot of good games for BB10 platform. many A+ titles. I am sure Blackberry has something up in its sleeves. If not exclusive titles perhaps games like Modern Combat 4 with ultra high textures etc. It would not make sense for them to put Quad Core Gpu unless they wanted to promote this phone as gaming central on the go.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    07-16-13 09:16 AM
    You talk bulish!

In China they make quadcores...

They say they are 1.5 ghz

When you take away everything only one core is running 500, other one does 500 and the other ones 250mhz.

But still they call it quadcore.

The person you talk about don't know this.

They just see quadcores 1.5

Quadcore, fullhd and stuff does not say a damn.

If the phone is running old mem or the cpu is build at 50nm it's still old and slow

Posted via CB10
    stiletto835 likes this.
    07-16-13 09:17 AM
    Joe Bob is a plug!
    07-16-13 09:25 AM
    Alan510 what you said should be posted on every forum in big red letters. That is truly the bottom line. It isn't about what phone sucks and what phone has better apps. It is all about what suites the person holding the phone. Like you my Z10 is exactly what I want. I have the apps I need and it handles all of my communication needs perfectly. I am happy with it and when we get the verizon update probably happier. Granted there are phones that have better specs but this is what I like. If the A10 omes out and makes people happy and some people unhappy so be it. The IPhone does the same thing. It is a great phone but doesn't come close to my needs and wouldn't think of owning one. Anyway, good comment.
    3_M4N likes this.
    07-16-13 09:29 AM
    A good specs matters but a good battery life with good specs matters most. hehe
    07-16-13 09:30 AM
    Let me give you a real life example.. people out there believe that with a quad core phone, you can perform a task faster than a dual core phone.. it doesn't matter what is right or wrong on a technology front.. which is why BlackBerry should have a strong marketing campaign to counter this perception OR go with a quad core.. with a quad core phone, they can future proof that phone.. the OS experience will come later...

sexy as hell Z10 via CB10
    CrackFachry likes this.
    07-16-13 09:37 AM
    A10 has DEDICATED, I repeat again DEDICATED quad core GPU. This phone will be gaming mobile beast.
    I don't know. With only 16 GB of storage available, there's finite room in terms of storing games with monster visuals. I look at a lot of the titles on my PlayBook and a good number are now 1 GB in size or there-abouts. That would fill up a 16 GB device quickly ...
    07-16-13 09:37 AM
    It would not make sense for them to put Quad Core Gpu unless they wanted to promote this phone as gaming central on the go.
    Gaming is a strong area with BB10 so they should market that.
    07-16-13 09:39 AM
    Well my case was similar, I am not a Techie, but I like to be informed, I was loyal to BB for almost 5 years, so when I went into the store I asked for 2 products, BBZ10 and Samsung S4, Z10 was USD550 and S4 was USD600, I loved the Z10 Keyboard (the S4 Kb rocks too), but when I saw the difference between the pictures that both camera take, the nice screen that S4 has to watch gaming stream,and reading all the problems that the Skype app had in Z10, I just dumped the Z10, I made my choice based in my needs, and I felt seeing the Specs, that the Z10 was overpriced. I will come back to BB in a couple of years if they have at that time the whole package: Outstanding OS (They got it now), Good building (they got it), Very good Hardware specs and the right price .
    CrackFachry likes this.
    07-16-13 09:41 AM
    Joe Bob will buy whatever his sister Billie Bob tells him is cool. His mom Barb Bob and his dad Bob Bob both use androids. Joe Bob has to buy something today because the VZW rep serving him today is Bobbie Joe, the Joe sister with straight teeth, at least the ones that are left. What does he do? Discuss specs? No, Bobbie is looking fine today in her jean skirt and redwing boots. He asks her to see "one of those Otterbox phones", poor Joe Bob, his chances with Bobbie Joe are declining rapidly. His wingman Jonny Bob to the rescue! " isn't THIS what youre looking for?" he says holding a Z10. Joe looks at Jonny, Jonny looks at Bobbie, Bobbie smiles at Joe, Joe says "I'll take it!!" Bobbie stacks up all the accessories Joe buys them all, and just to put a fine point on it, reaches over and grabs the latest issue of iPhone Monthly and pretends to read it as he is walking out the door. Jonny stays behind, he is heard to say to Bobbie "I didn't know you worked at this store, mom."
    End of story.
    07-16-13 09:48 AM

Think about it. You and I might know what is the better device and Os but Joe Bob does not. All he sees is how much money he is spending and what all he's getting for it at face value.
    Also remember that BlackBerry is not going to get any real support from the sales staff at the store, it is up to BlackBerry to catch the eye of Joe Bob.

It doesn't matter to us because we know better but the AVRAGE consumer doesn't know these things... all they see is what is directly in front of them.

Posted via CB10
    So you're telling me that the 8mp, dual core device is better than the 16mp, quad core...come on man, some of you guys cant possibly be this delusional. Actually...maybe you're right...we're not in the spec race afterall, my pentium 3 150mhz regularly outperforms my i7, i'm able to play solitaire with minimum lag!
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-16-13 09:48 AM
    Would you pay $300 extra for the phone with the better OS, but less apps?
    I did it, and I would do it again, for the Z10, everything being equal the moment I bought it.
    Not for the A10 though, as its specs are really a bad joke.

The Z10 was at least somehow up to par, considering specs.
    The A10 is a big letdown on that front.

I have no love for Android's business model, at all. And I don't like the OS.

If I ever change my phone manufacturer, it would need to be Apple, but I try to not think about that, before that situation is here, because iOS is just something that I merely dislike less than Android.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    07-16-13 09:52 AM
    Gaming is a strong area with BB10 so they should market that.
    Except that the OS doesn't support OpenGL ES 3.0 yet (and neither does Android)
    07-16-13 09:55 AM
    First off all, i love my z10 and it does 90% of what I want it to do, if some functionality from bbos7 was on bb10 it would be 100%

BUT

Other than use regular CrackBerry addicts NO one else understands that an efficient OS is far better than specs

Posted via CB10
    I like my Z10 too but I guess I don't understand why everyone keeps saying BB10 is such an efficient OS. If an os for a phone requires 2 gigs of ram minimum, I don't call that efficient. Just as an example, the iPhone 5 has what, 1 gig of ram? Don't many android phones function on 1 gig?

Not bashing BBRY, just curious how BB10 is efficient with those ram requirements.
    07-16-13 10:06 AM
    Yeah if this what they are putting out its hilarious flop I really question who sanctions some of these calls.this is'nt marketed at BB users really.So that audience if it ain't even entry level geek spec fap worthy.Start writing this down as inventory,money loss especially with the way BB and carriers price devices.

Hey maybe Im biast since oled sucks,so does 5 inch phones.Well I guess its standby time for official specs to come out.This will be amusing.
    07-16-13 10:09 AM
    I've just spoke to a BlackBerry Curve owner. This Saturday she will be upgrading and without seeing any of the new phones she will go for an iPhone because "Everyone else has one".

Specs are tantamount compared to the brand for the sheila and most people I speak to.

Edit: Wow 3000 posts and still here
    07-16-13 10:28 AM
    The fact of the matter is when Joe bob walks into Verizon to get a new phone and expects to dish out $500 he walks around the store to see what they have to offer. Now when reading the specs on the devices on display and having no real tec knowledge he sees 3 good looking devices and starts to compare them, he sees devices with 16+MP cameras and quad core prossers... now we have a blackberry with mediocre specifications at best example dual cores and 8MP cameras for the same price... now honestly what do you think Joe Bob is going to buy???

Think about it. You and I might know what is the better device and Os but Joe Bob does not. All he sees is how much money he is spending and what all he's getting for it at face value.
    Also remember that BlackBerry is not going to get any real support from the sales staff at the store, it is up to BlackBerry to catch the eye of Joe Bob.

It doesn't matter to us because we know better but the AVRAGE consumer doesn't know these things... all they see is what is directly in front of them.

Posted via CB10
    Here you are mentioning the "average customer " do you have any idea what the average customer wants?
    Nop, because you are totally wrong on what you said. You would be right if you said that for customers who know these things.
    There are a huge amount of people who have no idea what the specs means, they just buy phones based on the phone features and the amount of apps.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-16-13 10:29 AM
    I have to agree with people on here...the masses, whats going to appeal to the majority, not the minority.
    16mp vs 8mp....
    what one will win
    like comparing Pentium 5 vs Pentium 3...what one is gonna sell?
    Old looking sounding like technology vs newer, "better"? technology.
    07-16-13 10:30 AM
    I've just spoke to a BlackBerry Curve owner. This Saturday she will be upgrading and without seeing any of the new phones she will go for an iPhone because "Everyone else has one".

Specs are tantamount compared to the brand for the sheila and most people I speak to.
    And an overpriced, but under specced device helps in what way, to correct a bad public image?

People buy Apple because they associate it with quality.
    People stay away from BlackBerry because they associate with the opposite of quality.

In this scenario, giving the market an under specced device that is too expensive under the consensus of BlackBerry being of lesser quality, has just evolved to a self fulfilling prophecy.

The majority thinks that BlackBerry cannot compete, is nearly dead etc, and then they launch a phone with the A10, that proves that they can't compete.
    ^

The definition of being intelligent...

Posted via CB10
    lnichols likes this.
    07-16-13 10:36 AM
    Consumers for the most part get what they deserve. Many people deserve an iPhone or a android or a even an Windows phone. I for one deserve a BlackBerry! I currently have 3; and I deserve another! Bring on the A10. Will I buy the second biggest BlackBerry ever? Yup!
    07-16-13 10:40 AM
    Sometimes I really wonder if people from here ever look outside the small Blackberry universe....Quad core GPUs are not really new and definetely not that awesome! Even the A5X in the ipad 3 had it....If you count cores only - which is completely useless anyways - the Tegra 3 had 12 and Tegra 4 even 72 cores (though the architecture is very different);

Fac is that the (rumoured) Snapdragon S4Pro (MSM 8960Pro) with its Adreno 320 is last years hardware. It was introduced in Q2 /2012. This years top of the line would be the Snapdragon S600 or S800 with Adreno 320 (revised version) on which the GPU is about 15% faster. The S600 is used in Galaxy SIV or HTC One.

For those interested here is a test of the S 4 Pro and a test of S600 AnandTech | The HTC One Review

I am not saying the S4 Pro/Adreno 320 is a bad processor/GPU - it is also widely used in Windows Phones - however for a flagship device in November 2013 it is nothing to brag with. If the spec rumours are correct the A10 has absolutely no unique selling point as far as hardware is concerned (Nokia has at least the camera). It will only appeal to the few Blackberry fans that like the OS and like the gigantic size of the device. I really doubt that the masses were waiting for a huge 5 inch screen with comparably low specs and resolution, high price and gigantic size (if we blow up the Z10 to 5 inces it will be a brick). So if the phone is not special, it is all about the software and frankly if it is only about the software they can stay with the Z10.

In my point of view they should have an elegant, premium built flagship device similar to the Z10 with a slider keyboard. That would be unique.
    notfanboy and MasterOfBinary like this.
    07-16-13 10:44 AM
    Price the A10 at 600 while pushing the other bb10 phone prices down accordingly.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Too expensive compared to other devices on the market with established ecosystems, especially if the 720 res rumors hold true. It will move less units than the Z10. BlackBerry name isn't worth anything beyond this site and gets more and more tarnished with each failed business execution by the company. They need need get units in people's hands over massive profits per device right now, and they will only do that by providing value. Paying the same or more for a lower spec'd device with a tiny ecosystem, and questionable company future is not value!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    07-16-13 10:59 AM
    I love how many here think that this 'Joe Bob' has the intelligence of a plank of wood. 'They jus need ejucatin'' Eh?

This is a myth. Most people have gone through a contract stuck with a phone they regret buying.
    Or have not been able to upgrade to the latest software because the hardware is outdated.
    Or cannot run the latest games at a decent framerate because their hardware is outdated.
    Or start to use their phone as a mini computer and realise they are only limited in what they can do by the phone's specs.
    Or throughout the course of their contract, their phone starts to slow down due to the multiple tasks they are asking it to do, more than they originally envisaged when they bought the phone.

I could go on, but the trend is clear; people understand that the lifespan of their device is very much linked to the hardware.

This self deception that many hold here is based on ignorance and im afraid a dollop of arrogance. People have computers, TVs, microwaves, DVD players, MP3 players etc. They are ever more clued up on technology and the one thing that those who pay the bill realise, is things get outdated technology-wise, very quick. Why? With all those I just named, the common denominator is hardware.

Suck this up and accept it. The A10 wil be a failure because of the above. Its outdated before its released. People know this and rightly will refuse to put down good money for it.

BB must do better if they want to survive in the tech game.
    07-16-13 11:02 AM
    in Europe the scenario is worst, no BB devices being promoted, you go to a store and BB devices are on the storage.
    07-16-13 11:04 AM
    I agree with the OP. As great as the Z10 is, it hasn't sold well (yet). People aren't crazy about touchscreen phones from Blackberry (yet). If it was a phablet with a physical keyboard, that would do better and would be unique. It would offset the average specs.

Also, Blackberry really should always lead off with it's strengths (physical keyboards). The Q10 should have been first. It would have negated a lot of the negative press. If you're a right handed basketball player, you don't try to lay the ball up with your left hand, you dunk that sh*t with your right hand. A Phablet-keyboard phone would be that right-handed dunk!
    07-16-13 11:06 AM
270 1234 ...