The fact of the matter is when Joe bob walks into Verizon to get a new phone and expects to dish out $500 he walks around the store to see what they have to offer. Now when reading the specs on the devices on display and having no real tec knowledge he sees 3 good looking devices and starts to compare them, he sees devices with 16+MP cameras and quad core prossers... now we have a blackberry with mediocre specifications at best example dual cores and 8MP cameras for the same price... now honestly what do you think Joe Bob is going to buy???

Think about it. You and I might know what is the better device and Os but Joe Bob does not. All he sees is how much money he is spending and what all he's getting for it at face value.
    Also remember that BlackBerry is not going to get any real support from the sales staff at the store, it is up to BlackBerry to catch the eye of Joe Bob.

It doesn't matter to us because we know better but the AVRAGE consumer doesn't know these things... all they see is what is directly in front of them.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:36 AM
    Why did you make the thread?

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-16-13 07:41 AM
    Then they should properly train sales staff in retail stores help educate the end consumer about BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:43 AM
    Then they should properly train sales staff in retail stores help educate the end consumer about BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    Would you pay $300 extra for the phone with the better OS, but less apps?
    07-16-13 07:45 AM
    Yes...

Posted via Z10
    SDTRMG and shupor like this.
    07-16-13 07:46 AM
    I see you come another mobile nations site. Welcome. Perhaps you are here to understand why CB people choose BlackBerry. Perhaps you are not here to understand at all. Whatever. I can't speak for anyone else but I have all the apps I need. I also have a device that works well for my personal communicating and browsing needs. I have tried other brands and systems and quite simply, BlackBerry works very well for me. It's not always about apps; it sometimes is about the entire package and BlackBerry has that for me.
    07-16-13 07:56 AM
    The fact of the matter is when Joe bob walks into Verizon to get a new phone and expects to dish out $500 he walks around the store to see what they have to offer. Now when reading the specs on the devices on display and having no real tec knowledge he sees 3 good looking devices and starts to compare them, he sees devices with 16+MP cameras and quad core prossers... now we have a blackberry with mediocre specifications at best example dual cores and 8MP cameras for the same price... now honestly what do you think Joe Bob is going to buy???

Think about it. You and I might know what is the better device and Os but Joe Bob does not. All he sees is how much money he is spending and what all he's getting for it at face value.
    Also remember that BlackBerry is not going to get any real support from the sales staff at the store, it is up to BlackBerry to catch the eye of Joe Bob.

It doesn't matter to us because we know better but the AVRAGE consumer doesn't know these things... all they see is what is directly in front of them.

Posted via CB10
    I have never seen a cutomer who wasn't tech savy care about specs. I've stated this time and time again THE MASSES DONT BUY PHONES BASED OFF SPECS. THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY MEAN. People like us on these tech sites are a different story.Too bad people on here don't undersatand we are not the typical customers we are the acception. Some people don't get it.
    07-16-13 08:04 AM
    Yup i would. Im guessing you are reffering to android as they are the only OS with phones that cheap.. I have a question for you are you comfortable paying $300 less for an inferior OS that has massive security flaws that are exploited by those apps everyone brags about?
    07-16-13 08:09 AM
    Yes they do.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:12 AM
    I see you come another mobile nations site. Welcome. Perhaps you are here to understand why CB people choose BlackBerry. Perhaps you are not here to understand at all. Whatever. I can't speak for anyone else but I have all the apps I need. I also have a device that works well for my personal communicating and browsing needs. I have tried other brands and systems and quite simply, BlackBerry works very well for me. It's not always about apps; it sometimes is about the entire package and BlackBerry has that for me.
    Apparently you've not been on here lately
    What I was trying to say is that Joe Bob III, walking in a shop after having heard a bit about mobiles, after having seen mates with Android phones, after talking to sales reps, won't necessarily pay $300 extra for that phone when he could have the same hardware from a company he's heard isn't dying and which has millions of apps.
    You, as a BlackBerry user, might be perfectly happy with a bigger phone, running the OS you love, but you will be a minority.
    Last edited by ofutur; 07-16-13 at 05:18 PM.
    07-16-13 08:14 AM
    Yup i would. Im guessing you are reffering to android as they are the only OS with phones that cheap.. I have a question for you are you comfortable paying $300 less for an inferior OS that has massive security flaws that are exploited by those apps everyone brags about?
    Do you really think the average user is worried about that? Samsung wouldn't be selling any phones if that was the case.
    07-16-13 08:15 AM
    I still think this A10 should have a bit better specs than rumour has it ... It might attract new customers but maybe it won't ... By then, hopefully more people are knowledgeable about BB10 OS and wouldn't care so much about the specs ... I say they up the specs on the Z on the next release. Let's call it Z2 .. I'm definitely buying to replace my Z ... A10 is too big for my liking..
    si_chindo likes this.
    07-16-13 08:30 AM
    First off all, i love my z10 and it does 90% of what I want it to do, if some functionality from bbos7 was on bb10 it would be 100%

BUT

Other than use regular CrackBerry addicts NO one else understands that an efficient OS is far better than specs

That is why i agree with this original poster 100%

Why do you think those point and shoot cameras now have 18mega pixels ?

Because the bulk of the consumers think it means something, even though my 4 year old canon elph with 8.1 mega pixels takes way nicer photos than a brand new 18MP camera.....most consumers simply don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:37 AM
    BlackBerry just needs to cost the A10 accordingly. Higher specs means more costs. The bonus with the speed and efficiency should be just that.. a bonus. If I could get a great running phone with great battery at a reasonable cost.. then specs don't really matter.
    Bobcat665 and SDTRMG like this.
    07-16-13 08:40 AM
    BlackBerry just needs to cost the A10 accordingly. Higher specs means more costs. The bonus with the speed and efficiency should be just that.. a bonus. If I could get a great running phone with great battery at a reasonable cost.. then specs don't really matter.
    You are right about that

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 08:41 AM
    I have no problem with the current rumored specs of the A10, i just hope BlackBerry doesn't expect to sell very many of them. Plain and simple

I will buy one, and the readers of this post will likely buy one, but let's not forget that CrackBerry uses are the MINORITY of smartphone users

So as long as BlackBerry doesn't waste money trying to market this device to anyone other than us, then go ahead and build it, but if you, BlackBerry think you will sell this to non BlackBerry fanatics, then you are delusional.

Like I've said, I am a huge BlackBerry fan, but it is getting embarrassing already

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:42 AM
    I have never seen a cutomer who wasn't tech savy care about specs. I've stated this time and time again THE MASSES DONT BUY PHONES BASED OFF SPECS. THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY MEAN. People like us on these tech sites are a different story.Too bad people on here don't undersatand we are not the typical customers we are the acception. Some people don't get it.
    No, people do buy based on specs. Yeah, they might not know what they mean, but they will look at the GSIV and A10 and say "Well the A10 is only dual core and the GSIV is quad core so the quad core one must be better".
    07-16-13 08:45 AM
    Price the A10 at 600 while pushing the other bb10 phone prices down accordingly.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    earlym, brout, Jahmal A and 1 others like this.
    07-16-13 08:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    HTC One has 4 megapixel camera and still it is called one of the best Android phones ever.

A10 has DEDICATED, I repeat again DEDICATED quad core GPU. This phone will be gaming mobile beast. This phone will be true Playstation on the go.

Marketing is the key here. if i was working at Blackberry and had to run advertising campaign i would make sure that anyone who saw A10 ad would never forget about quad core GPU. I would send out more blackberry employees to educate store stuff especially in USA about this new phone features. Finally I would make sure to get at least couple of A10 exclusive games with jaw dropping visuals utilizing GPU quad core power.. I tell you Samsung and Apple would be caught with their pants down!

Blackberry is really good phone with unique features. It is truly good phone to run business from on the go. The problem is that Blackberry has done poor job (especially in USA) communicating advantages of BB10 phones.

Blackberry should look for different type of employees. It might sound sound crazy but perhaps hard core blackberry fans with some crazy out of this world ideas should be the one working at Blackberry. Not uptight employees thinking about their bonuses too much.
    07-16-13 08:54 AM
    I happen to agree with "ofutur". We, the Crackberry Nation, know more about BB than any average layperson and fully understand the value of BB10 and the future of mobility. I live on this site to gather the most up-to-date information on this platform. Yes, I will purchase the A10. However, the point of when compared, side/side to other offerings, especially with the "reputation" or "negativity" of the BB brand in the back of their minds, no they will not choose BB. We chose because of a series of promises that we know BB will fulfill. Others are not so likely to do this. They want their app experiences and they want it now.

I don't believe BB will fall on their face. They will then begin advertising the larger phone and we'll see migration trickle across the lines. Also, we have no idea what is awaiting BB in the corporate space. Corporations are evaluating BB's offerings now, but some have not taken a bite yet. We'll see what shakes out in the next 2-3 quarters.

Go BB!
    07-16-13 09:02 AM
    HTC One has 4 megapixel camera and still it is called one of the best Android phones ever.

A10 has DEDICATED, I repeat again DEDICATED quad core GPU. This phone will be gaming mobile beast. This phone will be true Playstation on the go.

Marketing is the key here. if i was working at Blackberry and had to run advertising campaign i would make sure that anyone who saw A10 ad would never forget about quad core GPU. I would send out more blackberry employees to educate store stuff especially in USA about this new phone features. Finally I would make sure to get at least couple of A10 exclusive games with jaw dropping visuals utilizing GPU quad core power.. I tell you Samsung and Apple would be caught with their pants down!

Blackberry is really good phone with unique features. It is truly good phone to run business from on the go. The problem is that Blackberry has done poor job (especially in USA) communicating advantages of BB10 phones.

Blackberry should look for different type of employees. It might sound sound crazy but perhaps hard core blackberry fans with some crazy out of this world ideas should be the one working at Blackberry. Not uptight employees thinking about their bonuses too much.
    And what games you planning to play?
    Judging from the app selection, not a whole lot
    07-16-13 09:11 AM
    ...A10 has DEDICATED, I repeat again DEDICATED quad core GPU. This phone will be gaming mobile beast. This phone will be true Playstation on the go....
    Which dedicated quad-core monster GPU would that be?
    They only have Adreno and PowerVR SGX drivers...
    Last edited by ofutur; 07-16-13 at 09:41 AM.
    07-16-13 09:12 AM
    Samsung and Apple sink Billion$ of dollars into advertising and marketing to convince the public to buy their offerings. It'll take a few million$ from BB to carve out a chunk of the market to return a handsome profit. BB will have to do two things in my opinion: 1. Overcome brand stereotypes, 2. Differentiate BB phones from the competition.

Both of these are gonna be hard to to and will have to be clever. Remember, if BB compares apples/apples (no pun), Apple and Samsung will fire back with a salvo of $100 million to denounce it. BB can't win that kinda fight. Instead reposition the brand in people's mind. With this, they stand a chance.

Go BB!
    Jahmal A and sergey_IL like this.
    07-16-13 09:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. While I don't think the "average joe" will care too much about specs I do however think the sales rep that is the one that would push the specs as a selling point. And then they may also mention the apps one doesn't have and so forth. Here's the thing, Blackberry has to close these gaps so then the argument for getting another device isn't as strong. But since there is still a lot left to desire with 10 being new, a sales rep can easily make a case for a customer to get an Android or iPhone ESPECIALLY when they were probabl already leaning that direction and never heard, seen or read about the Blackberry device. And people can say stuff like "apps don't matter", "I have all the apps I need" and "BB10 is the better OS so the missing apps don't matter to me". All of that is subjective to the user. All those things are based on your opinion and some, forced opinion to inherently like anything blackberry puts out. Unfortunately, what you think matters or is "better" is what doesn't matter.
    Kyle27 and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    07-16-13 09:15 AM
    You're right, the masses don't understand the specs but when they see two phones with a bunch of numbers on them, they will (rightly) assume that bigger is better.

16MP vs 8
    Dual vs Quad.
    07-16-13 09:16 AM
270 123 ...