I think for consistency purposes, BBRY have stated that they'll be sticking with 720p

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 12:44 PM
    Bigger screen. The same way your 720p TV can show more content. Pixels are more spread out.
    Huh???
    Do you understand the difference between resolution and screen...?
    07-15-13 01:01 PM
    People are so gonna dismiss this phone because of the 720p screen huh? If it does happen to be 720p, it begs the question why they couldn't have made it 1080p? I'm no coder so I don't know. But couldn't BlackBerry just update their SDK to let developers adapt their apps easily to 1080p? Well for apps made in Cascades of course. Isn't the Cascades framework flexible enough to do this?

Disclaimer: I'm not stating anything. Just wanna know if it's possible.
    If it's indeed a limitation then It was obviously another deadly mistake/compromise, made by TH and his ilks - and if it's not but they are just afraid of existing apps then this is the time to do it, when they barely have apps, not later, when they (supposedly) will have plenty.
    Novaone likes this.
    07-15-13 01:03 PM
    With this much leaks coming I could deduce from the Z10 leaks the A10 could be less than two- three tops month away. Things are lining up pretty well
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 01:07 PM
    With this much leaks coming I could deduce from the Z10 leaks the A10 could be less than two- three tops month away. Things are lining up pretty well
    Should that be the case, it'd be plain wrong to release 10.1 MR in the upcoming months, they should go on straight to 10.2!

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    youknwwho likes this.
    07-15-13 01:11 PM
    Wrong screen size. That screenshot is not 1280x720/768 or 1920x1080. I really cannot see them adding another resolution to the mix, especially one that is even wider than 16:9. Doesn't make any sense at all.
    07-15-13 01:11 PM
    Wrong screen size. That screenshot is not 1280x720/768 or 1920x1080. I really cannot see them adding another resolution to the mix, especially one that is even wider than 16:9. Doesn't make any sense at all.
    OP said he trimmed it to remove his PIN
    07-15-13 01:13 PM
    I should clarify: I don't think the screenshot is fake, I think that BlackBerry is idiotic for introducing another size. And it looks like they're going to be doing just that. Sigh. "Oh well what we said before, we didn't actually care to follow through again." Awesome.
    07-15-13 01:14 PM
    Huh???
    Do you understand the difference between resolution and screen...?
    Yeah, but I never really studied this idea. I'm all confused now.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:43 PM
    Yes, 1080p, say it is... how is it 5 rows if it's still the same resolution, smaller icons? It makes zero sense.
    smaller icons to have the same touch point size as the z10 or some shiet... it was explained in the a10 video thread
    07-15-13 10:15 PM
    Oooh snap.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...0000003-1-.png

Pretty sure I can still read the PIN on the left hand side...
    07-16-13 09:30 PM
    http://www.blackberryos.com/attachme...kqihceau3w.png

The resolution of this screen shot is 521px * 1024px (keeping in mind the left and right have been trimmed to remove PIN). We assume the width to be 720px.

This differs from the 720 x 1280 resolution specified in the DEV blog : http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...n-resolutions/

Unless, of course, the uploader resized the image to 1024px.

If that's the case, the "scaled up" image matching 1280 vertical pixels would result in 651px width - which may be mroe accurate considering the 70px removed to hide the PIN ?

Hmm..

Either way - looks like a 720p device. Also looks good.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 09:34 PM
    A 720p device considered a flagship in late 2013 is literally ASKING for blackberry to fail.... mark my words, this phone with a dual core processor, 8mp camera, and 720p screen will mean CERTIAN doa... I will bet my life savings on that. thanks op for this, this really opened my eyes, that BlackBerry is making the worst decisions possible. (maybe for buyout)?

That being said, I'll always love my Q10...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:46 PM
    A 720p device considered a flagship in late 2013 is literally ASKING for blackberry to fail.... mark my words, this phone with a dual core processor, 8mp camera, and 720p screen will mean CERTIAN doa... I will bet my life savings on that. thanks op for this, this really opened my eyes, that BlackBerry is making the worst decisions possible. (maybe for buyout)?

That being said, I'll always love my Q10...

Posted via CB10
    Really? I mean aren't you being just a little over-dramatic?

Apple still haven't ever released a phone with 720 resolution (highest is 640), but I don't see iPhone users complaining. Yes, we're talking an inch difference in diagonal screen size, but really?? The entire company is doomed because they release a 293 DPI product?

The A10 has dual CPU cores, yes - in combination with QUAD GPU cores. These days, GPU is where the punch is.

Until you've held the A10 in your hands, and wanted it badly, don't judge. Please.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 10:35 PM
    Listen, it's not about performance. I am 100% positive that the A10 will more than enough meet performance needs

It's what the consumer sees. The average person will walk into a carrier store and look around. They will notice, before even using the phone that EVERY OTHER majorly marketed flagship will have a much high resolution screen, a larger camera, etc... at that point, why even bother to use it? Much less buy it

We all cb know how bb10 *really* performs even when not using the latest chips, but to the average consumer, they see specs first. To them quad/octa core > dual. 1080p >720p. And the list goes on. Take away lte and a $299 nexus 4 is a better deal! Unless BlackBerry plans on marketing the crap, and I mean at least a couple billion, out of the phone, the chances of this succeeding or even bringing blackberry back to relavence is close to none

Posted via CB10
    Novaone likes this.
    07-16-13 10:41 PM
    OP re sized the screen shot. Original trimmed screen shot was about W 650px by 1280px.
    http://www.blackberryos.com/attachme...kqihceau3w.png

Unless, of course, the uploader resized the image to 1024px.
    Specifications matter most to many of us early adopter types, reading blogs. But the public are still buying the Note 2 right?.. Anyway not trying to dismiss the 720p either. 1080p is ideal.

Marketing will either succeed or fail this device, not specs alone.
    07-17-13 04:57 AM
    I will post more soon... so don't say my thread is stupid... keep your mouth to say something! Thanks.
    OK, do us a favour and do this:
    1. Install and launch Ghost Commander (From BBW)
    2. From /sdcard, go to /pps/services/hw_info
    3. Tap and hold the file called "inventory", select View
    4. Take screenshot
    5. Post here

That will be proof...
    07-17-13 08:21 AM
    Really? I mean aren't you being just a little over-dramatic?

Apple still haven't ever released a phone with 720 resolution (highest is 640), but I don't see iPhone users complaining. Yes, we're talking an inch difference in diagonal screen size, but really?? The entire company is doomed because they release a 293 DPI product?
    Next time another clueless person brings up Apple as an example for BlackBerry I will start a thread with the title" "NO, BLACKBERRY IS NOTHING LIKE APPLE, YOU CLUELESS IDIOTS" and explain how Apple has created its own entire ecosystem, while BB was sitting on their double-assed corporate CEOs' asses and let its own melt away.

I really don't like the Jobsian scumbag world but BB has NOTHING Apple has in terms of brand strength, user base, stature etc. Apple (almost) literally could sell a little well-packaged, good-looking piece of dog**** as iSheet if they want to, remember.

The A10 has dual CPU cores, yes - in combination with QUAD GPU cores. These days, GPU is where the punch is.

Until you've held the A10 in your hands, and wanted it badly, don't judge. Please.
    One more time some clueless person brings up this nonsensical BS about GPU cores and I will create a topic... (yes, I know what they are good for, I work for a visualization firm, we developed our plugins in CUDA etc.)
    07-18-13 10:07 AM
    The carriers will want this in the shops by late September or early October at the latest anyway so the odds are that the two month part of your estimate will prove to be the correct one.
    07-18-13 01:49 PM
    I should clarify: I don't think the screenshot is fake, I think that BlackBerry is idiotic for introducing another size. And it looks like they're going to be doing just that. Sigh. "Oh well what we said before, we didn't actually care to follow through again." Awesome.
    The dev guides advise devs to pad apps 24 pixels wide on each side for portrait use in order to avoid any marginal differences between this and the z10. If you did actually mean size rather than resolution, they are not at all idiotic to try and offer bb10 to a market that has tended towards larger devices.
    07-18-13 01:51 PM
45 12