No worries, I'm not done here haha. I was "in the moment." I totally get where you're coming from though. A Snapdragon 800 on BB10 would make the A10 destroy any flagship android device for a long time. I mentioned it in one of my previous posts, but I don't remember which one it was. That being said, the A10 experience should still be better than what most people are expecting.

As for OpenCL, I'm assuming this is you? https://twitter.com/BlackBerryDev/st...97264843350016

Small world
    Haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-18-13 10:08 AM
    1. Quad core is NOT faster. The extra cores help you to multitask better. Since QNX was designed for high risk, low failure systems, it can multitask innately. Therefore, a quad core CPU is NOT required for BB10. In addition to that, BB10 and the apps designed for it probably aren't even made to utilize the extra cores. It's wasted hardware. The performance boost is all in your head. Now, if you do a little googling, you'll see that a combination of the CPU and the GPU is what really yields the best improvements. You'll also see that the best returns in mobile come from a quad core GPU, not a quad core CPU. Before you claim that anyone is wrong, you better be able to back it up. I'll admit to being wrong when I am, but this isn't one of those times.

Perhaps my standards of performance are a little higher than most, but I don't consider the phones you listed good enough experience wise. The S3 has the same processor and RAM as the Z10. Which phone do you think has more lag complaints? Which phone is it common for to slow down after you've owned it for several months? That would be the famous S3.
    I know a lot of people with S3s and their phones are still blazing fast do I don't know where you're hearing that from. It might depend on the region though. And while WE BlackBerry users know what QNX can do, other users don't. That is the problem. We have maybe 20-50 million die hard users and let's face it most of them will go for the keyboard devices so I don't even see that many of us upgrading to this because of the Q10 and Q5 as well as the Z10 being good.

However, like I said in another thread, if the benchmarks are killing everything on the market then a Quad Core Cpu isn't necessary based on the Z10 having relatively average-good benchmarks

http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_z10-review-886p9.php

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2159/4/
    Here's the HTC One benchmarks

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-one-ben...low-your-mind/

Galaxy S4 Benchmarks

http://m.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s4_exyn...-news-5769.php

Now if the Aristo beats this then that will be fine, but let's keep in mind that it has to be competitive with the new phones coming out (Nexus 5, DROID Ultra, Note 3, G2, etc) I'm positive having a qud core Cpu wouldn't hurt.

Back to the point I made earlier, what incentive would people have to buy the Aristo over the Z10? Thats what I personally feel the problem is. It doesn't wow me or make me feel like I need to buy a vastly superior device, especially since the Z10 got a price cut. The battery life will probably be better by a lot, but it all depends on how it performs compared to the Z10 and other devices coming to market.

I like the points you made and agree with most of them, but why not go all out on the device? Why not let it blow every other device on every other platform out of the water in most aspects? 10.2 looks amazing so far and I feel that it would wow people, but I just feel they're not wowing with the hardware when they need to.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:20 AM
    Why do none BB users not care about phone specs? Because their phone companies always come out with the best phone specs for the phones.

Why do BB users care about phone specs? Because BB do opposite of what their competitors do.

It's better when you have the phone specs and do not use them. It's worse when you want to use the phone specs , you don't have them.
    07-18-13 11:53 AM
    A message to people who don't need to have 4 core CPU in their BB phone,

You may not see the significant of having a 4 core CPU in your phone right now, but you'll realize its important after OS 10.2 is released and many apps run as headless apps in your phone.

When it happens, your phone performance will take a hit. I hope you don't ask me why BB allow headless apps to run when their phone's CPU is only dual core.
    07-18-13 12:29 PM
    A message to people who don't need to have 4 core CPU in their BB phone,

You may not see the significant of having a 4 core CPU in your phone right now, but you'll realize its important after OS 10.2 is released and many apps run as headless apps in your phone.

When it happens, your phone performance will take a hit. I hope you don't ask me why BB allow headless apps to run when their phone's CPU is only dual core.
    Again with the copy and paste method! I like it!

A message to you about the headless apps because there are oh so many of them, I think the A10 is gonna be alright here. If I end up being wrong, call me out on it and I'll own up to it.
    07-18-13 05:40 PM
    I know a lot of people with S3s and their phones are still blazing fast do I don't know where you're hearing that from. It might depend on the region though. And while WE BlackBerry users know what QNX can do, other users don't. That is the problem. We have maybe 20-50 million die hard users and let's face it most of them will go for the keyboard devices so I don't even see that many of us upgrading to this because of the Q10 and Q5 as well as the Z10 being good.

However, like I said in another thread, if the benchmarks are killing everything on the market then a Quad Core Cpu isn't necessary based on the Z10 having relatively average-good benchmarks

BlackBerry Z10 review: Swipe clean - GSMArena.com

Blackberry Z10 Smartphone Review - BlackBerry Z10 Performance Benchmarks - Legit Reviews
    Here's the HTC One benchmarks

HTC One benchmark scores are here, ready to blow your mind - GSMArena Blog

Galaxy S4 Benchmarks

Octa-core Galaxy S4 benchmarks surface, live up to expectations - GSMArena.com news

Now if the Aristo beats this then that will be fine, but let's keep in mind that it has to be competitive with the new phones coming out (Nexus 5, DROID Ultra, Note 3, G2, etc) I'm positive having a qud core Cpu wouldn't hurt.

Back to the point I made earlier, what incentive would people have to buy the Aristo over the Z10? Thats what I personally feel the problem is. It doesn't wow me or make me feel like I need to buy a vastly superior device, especially since the Z10 got a price cut. The battery life will probably be better by a lot, but it all depends on how it performs compared to the Z10 and other devices coming to market.

I like the points you made and agree with most of them, but why not go all out on the device? Why not let it blow every other device on every other platform out of the water in most aspects? 10.2 looks amazing so far and I feel that it would wow people, but I just feel they're not wowing with the hardware when they need to.

Posted via CB10
    You would be correct. Don't get me wrong, I wish that the A10 had the Snapdragon 800 just like everyone else. Blackberry doesn't seem to be going that route though. I also don't think it's required just yet. However, there is a rumor that there will be multiple versions of the A10 to be released. I'm crossing my fingers for a Snapdragon 800 version for the US. From a user experience point of view my point is this; The A10 will have a fantastic user experience. It will in no way be laggy, and I feel that if the people that are complaining actually used the phone when it came out, they would be happy with it! That is fundamentally my only point.

As far as compelling people to upgrade from the Z10, I don't think that's what this phone is for. Here's how I see it.

Three different user groups -> Six different devices (high/mid tier versions for each)

1. QWERTY group
    -Q10
    -Q5

2. The Keep it moving group
    -Z10
    -Z5

3. The Frankenfingered/ Power user group
    -A10
    -A5

I think each of these devices will see a replacement in 2014 with upgraded specs. The Frankenfingered group will have slightly higher specced phones than the Keep it moving group because they need to get things done in a different way.

I think the real issue here is that people were expecting an upgrade to the Z10/ Keep it moving group. That's not happening quite yet. Notice Z10 users don't want this phone. Well, they're not supposed to haha.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    07-18-13 05:57 PM
    Again with the copy and paste method! I like it!
    I think he just learned how lol.
    07-18-13 06:47 PM
    You would be correct. Don't get me wrong, I wish that the A10 had the Snapdragon 800 just like everyone else. Blackberry doesn't seem to be going that route though. I also don't think it's required just yet. However, there is a rumor that there will be multiple versions of the A10 to be released. I'm crossing my fingers for a Snapdragon 800 version for the US. From a user experience point of view my point is this; The A10 will have a fantastic user experience. It will in no way be laggy, and I feel that if the people that are complaining actually used the phone when it came out, they would be happy with it! That is fundamentally my only point.

As far as compelling people to upgrade from the Z10, I don't think that's what this phone is for. Here's how I see it.

Three different user groups -> Six different devices (high/mid tier versions for each)

1. QWERTY group
    -Q10
    -Q5

2. The Keep it moving group
    -Z10
    -Z5

3. The Frankenfingered/ Power user group
    -A10
    -A5

I think each of these devices will see a replacement in 2014 with upgraded specs. The Frankenfingered group will have slightly higher specced phones than the Keep it moving group because they need to get things done in a different way.

I think the real issue here is that people were expecting an upgrade to the Z10/ Keep it moving group. That's not happening quite yet. Notice Z10 users don't want this phone. Well, they're not supposed to haha.
    That's a pretty interesting perspective there. The device will be very good since it's running 10.2 and like you I really hope they go with the snapdragon 800 considering their relationship with Qualcomm. I hope it has that killer feature though so it can make an impact in the market because so far the current BB10 haven't (even though I think the price reductions and the holiday and back to school seasons will help). All in all I'm perfectly happy with my Z10, but I just hope the A10 is competitive enough to snatch away those android users.

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    07-18-13 08:47 PM
58 123