Hey, first post from myself in these forums! I would like to share my pre release BB phone experiences with you and why I think you should give the name Q11 a consideration. I'll give a little background first:

I work in Toronto, Canada (not far from Waterloo if you're not from around here) and my company has quite literally hundreds if not close to a thousand BlackBerry phones. We're big. Also, the head of my department was an Engineering graduate from Waterloo University who I know has access to BlackBerry 10 devices prior to their release to the public.

OK, so the rumour starts with looking at the email signatures I get from my department head. Prior to the Z10 release, the signature we would always see was "Sent from my BlackBerry 10 device". About 2 months prior to the Q10 launch it was "sent from my BlackBerry Q10" and as of a few weeks ago it changed to "Sent from my Blackberry Q11".

I know email signatures can easily be changed and are probably not reliable, but I felt like sharing. It's a rumour after all.
    06-06-13 07:05 PM
    That's interesting. I do kind of doubt it as it is a LONG way before there would be a Q11, I would assume. I could be wrong (there's always a first ), but I don't think there would be even a prototype yet.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    06-06-13 08:29 PM
    About 2 months prior to the Q10 launch it was "sent from my BlackBerry Q10" and as of a few weeks ago it changed to "Sent from my Blackberry Q11".
    Looks like a typo bud. I'm also a Waterloo Engineer who's been using a BB10 device since OCT 2012 (DAB). RIM love's their Waterloo Engs that's how i got the DAB in the first place.

Did he happen to also have a Dev Alpha ( possibly a Z10 in the DAB housing) that he was using before launch? Because the Stock BB10 Signature is " Sent from my Blackberry 10 device" that could explain the signature prior to release.

In regards to the Q10, Q11 signature, those are personal signatures ( I have mine to say Z10 but it has to be inputted manually).
    06-07-13 08:25 AM
    Dunno mate, I agree that the next "Q" phone is unlikely to be testing any time soon. But at the same time I don't think it's a typo. Who erases the "sent from my BlackBerry Q10" and replaces it with "sent from my BlackBerry Q11"?

I should also point out that the signature was "Q10" before the official name was released.
    06-07-13 04:35 PM
    nice find, but I don't think there are any BlackBerry Q11s outside in public.

Maybe a Q20 or Q15, but not a Q11!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:46 PM
    Hate to spoil things but here is the next Qwerty phone in the Q series:

BlackBerry A10 or Q11?-img_1011.jpg
    06-07-13 05:55 PM
    That's not your leg...

#BB10Believe
    06-11-13 04:59 AM
    Also if the next phone is meant to be high tier and flagship, I think BlackBerry will want to keep to the number 10 since only 10.2 is slated for release this year.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:55 AM
    Also if the next phone is meant to be high tier and flagship, I think BlackBerry will want to keep to the number 10 since only 10.2 is slated for release this year.

Posted via CB10
    I think the 10 is irrelevant with respect to the operating system version. For example the release of the Q5 as both the Q5 and Q10 are running the Exact same OS. I think 10 was a great ploy for the 2 Launch phones and 5 for the mid tier but the Flagship A-Series (Aristo/Astro both are defined models) will Definately not be called the A10. Series prefix != Product Prefix . I'd be willing to bet they lean towards X as the letter of choice as it is not a direct successor to the Z10 and will have an "Xciting, Xtravagent, Xtrordinary, XtraLargeScreen" (If i see this in an ad i want royalties or honorable mention" ) spec sheet to follow it .

The Z5 however looks like a promising concept that we may see as early as september/october in the same markets as the Q5, with the same screen size as the Z10. it only makes sense to offer both options in a market that cannot support the pricepoint of the Q10 and Z10 nor the pricepoint of a Mid-Teir device which the Q10 and Z10 will become once they get surpassed by their successors. I think its fair to assume an updated Z10 with the same form factor as the current will be released in 12-18 months and thats when we might see the Z11 (or Z15 ) naming scheme come into play. Same would apply for the Q line.
    06-12-13 10:40 AM
    Q11 hmmm .. interesting ... try to get a photo of the device if you can
    06-30-13 11:32 PM