BB has told developers that the future full touch phones will be 1280 x 720.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...reens_bb10.png

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...ion/index.html
    You are in every single thread telling people how great 720p is...

Aren't you getting tired of the disagreement you earn?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:31 PM
    1280 x 768 is more common that you think. Here is a list of devices and screen resolutions.

List of displays by pixel density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Can you also tell us how common 1080p is?
    06-18-13 09:53 PM
    Every high end phone of 2013 is coming out with a 1080p screen and BlackBerry wants to release a 720p screen.......I'm really tired of defending BlackBerry on different tech sites....
    mithrazor likes this.
    06-18-13 09:57 PM
    Can you also tell us how common 1080p is?
    Can your see a difference between a 720p and 1080p screen? yes or no
    06-18-13 09:58 PM
    Every high end phone of 2013 is coming out with a 1080p screen and BlackBerry wants to release a 720p screen.......I'm really tired of defending BlackBerry on different tech sites....
    Can you see a difference between the two resolutions?
    06-18-13 09:58 PM
    You are in every single thread telling people how great 720p is...

Aren't you getting tired of the disagreement you earn?

Posted via CB10
    I do find it funny though that your still selling snake oil. You must have a contact with Samsung to push 1080p screens. Keep lining your pockets with money convincing people of things that they don't need. I don't know how you sleep at night.
    06-18-13 10:01 PM
    Yes.

You can't see individual pixels, but that doesn't mean you can't see a difference. The difference is in content. You can put more on the screen on a 1080p screen than you can on a 720p screen. A lot more.

For those of us who have our font set to size 5, and would go lower if we could, we see much more displayed on a 1080p screen. It's not a question of clarity, it's a question of content.

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor likes this.
    06-18-13 10:10 PM
    The Galaxy S3 was 720p with a smaller screen than the Galaxy S4, and yet I can very confidently say that the 1080p S4 has a better display. The HTC One is another example. Despite having a larger display than my Z10, when I put them side-by-side, the One's screen was also better. The difference isn't necessarily huge, but those extra pixels make a difference, especially as display size increases.

"Oh, but the human eye can only see *insert random number* of pixels anyhow!" I don't know the exact number, but you're right, there's a limit. But you don't have to see each individual pixel to see the end-result that comes from adding extra pixels. As you start pushing higher and higher it's going to become harder to perceive, yes. But the difference is definitely there.

Having said that, the lack of 1080p concerns me more as a shareholder than a consumer. I'd be disappointed if the A10 doesn't have 1080p, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. However, there's no denying that 1080p looks good on a spec sheet. It's par for the course on any flagship smartphone in this day and age. And if BlackBerry is going to release a flagship device that's going to really have a wow-factor to it, 1080p is the least it's going to need, or it's going to get a fair bit of ridicule. I can already see the forum posts - "Galaxy S4 money for a 720p screen?! WTF BlackBerry?!"
    06-18-13 10:20 PM
    I do find it funny though that your still selling snake oil. You must have a contact with Samsung to push 1080p screens. Keep lining your pockets with money convincing people of things that they don't need. I don't know how you sleep at night.
    I have no ties with Samsung, apart from the fact that they are the marketleader in the Android universe and I try to understand why that is the case.

In reality, I am the guy who says that if BlackBerry wants the same amount of money for the A10, as Samsung wants for the S4 or for what HTC prices its One, for half the specs, that this is unfair towards the consumer.

You can keep accusing me of selling Snake Oil and what else, but the fact remains, that I am the one who is pro-consumer in this 1080p debate.

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor likes this.
    06-18-13 10:21 PM
    I have no ties with Samsung, apart from the fact that they are the marketleader in the Android universe and I try to understand why that is the case.

In reality, I am the guy who says that if BlackBerry wants the same amount of money for the A10, as Samsung wants for the S4 or for what HTC prices its One, for half the specs, that this is unfair towards the consumer.

You can keep accusing me of selling Snake Oil and what else, but the fact remains, that I am the one who is pro-consumer in this 1080p debate.

Posted via CB10
    Let me guess. You do comedy at night. Since you cannot see the difference, how can that be half the specs? What happens if the A10 has a 720p and twice the battery life of the S4? Is it still half the specs? And is that half the phone?
    06-18-13 10:26 PM
    Let me guess. You do comedy at night. Since you cannot see the difference, how can that be half the specs? What happens if the A10 has a 720p and twice the battery life of the S4? Is it still half the specs? And is that half the phone?
    The S4 has an octacore processor, a 1080p display etc.
    Going by the spec sheet, this is what I mean with: The A10 is half the phone the S4 is.

If the A10 has twice the battery life of the S4 and sells for the same price, the point still stands that it is unfair towards the consumer, because the specs of the A10 would not warrant such a price point.

I am also skeptical if that would ever happen though.
    The S3 has better battery life than the Z10 and the S4 has a better one compared to the S3.

To repeat it for you:

IF THE PRICE OF THE FUTURE BlackBerry DEVICE CALLED A10, WILL BE LOW ENOUGH, THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEM IF IT USES A 720p DISPLAY.

The way BlackBerry operated in the last few years clearly show us that this will not be the case though.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:52 PM
    I definitely can see the difference between my brother's s4 screen and my z10...it shows...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:37 AM
    Oh now we're playing the what if question game?

Didn't we establish that the S4 with an only 300mAh larger battery than the S3, has the same battery life?

So if A10 with a 720p has twice the battery life than the S4 then with 1080 it was have about 1.5x the battery life at the LEAST. Not bad at all...
    06-19-13 08:34 PM
38 12