Hi guys, my z30 BlackBerry browser is malfunctioning, it doesn't work unless I first open a link from the hub, also all options are disabled, history etc and I can't enter my details on any website. Please help

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 02:02 PM
    Just use another browser

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 02:05 PM
    Just use another browser

Posted via CB10
    Which browser do you recommend, the ones I've tried can't open multiple pages

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 02:08 PM
    Hi guys, my z30 BlackBerry browser is malfunctioning, it doesn't work unless I first open a link from the hub, also all options are disabled, history etc and I can't enter my details on any website. Please help

Posted via CB10
    The browser is, of course, getting very old but there were a few certificate and security fixes put in with 10.3.3.xxxx OS versions. What OS are you using? Have you cleared cookies/data, cleared history, done a device restart?
    andy957 likes this.
    11-28-17 02:10 PM
    [QUOTE=brookie229;13081964What OS are you using? Have you cleared cookies/data, cleared history, done a device restart?[/QUOTE]

No It wont allow me to even click on the option to clear cookie or history, and I've done a device restart.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 02:17 PM
    No It wont allow me to even click on the option to clear cookie or history, and I've done a device restart.

Posted via CB10
    What is your OS version? Under Privacy and Security can you toggle on/off "Block Pop-ups" and "Accept Cookies" or are those functions also greyed out? If you can, make sure those are ENABLED then reboot again by holding the power key down for about 15 seconds until you see the red led flash. If you cannot do any of the above and/or it does not work, then you probably have a corrupted OS and may need an autoloader with clean install.
    11-28-17 02:25 PM
    Have you tried to download a browser from the app store? I know it's not the best way but I would go on there and read some reviews for them and take a chance, failing that perhaps it's time to trade your z30 in for a more modern phone.
    11-28-17 02:29 PM
    What is your OS version? Under Privacy and Security can you toggle on/off "Block Pop-ups" and "Accept Cookies" or are those functions also greyed out? If you can, make sure those are ENABLED then reboot again by holding the power key down for about 15 seconds until you see the red led flash. If you cannot do any of the above and/or it does not work, then you probably have a corrupted OS and may need an autoloader with clean install.
    Can't toggle, options are not available, I'm using 10.3.2.2836 OS, cana security wipe help in this case?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 02:37 PM
    Can't toggle, options are not available, I'm using 10.3.2.2836 OS, cana security wipe help in this case?

Posted via CB10
    Somehow, I think you have borked the OS/browser. You can try a security wipe but you may end up without a phone for a while. The security wipe is a lousy piece of software IMHO and sometimes takes forever to complete. If I were you, I would suck it up and reload your device with a clean install (autoloader). Your Z30 will run like new.
    11-28-17 02:46 PM
    Somehow, I think you have borked the OS/browser. You can try a security wipe but you may end up without a phone for a while. The security wipe is a lousy piece of software IMHO and sometimes takes forever to complete. If I were you, I would suck it up and reload your device with a clean install (autoloader). Your Z30 will run like new.
    I'm not clued up with autolauders at all, I always update via WiFi, how does it work?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-17 02:53 PM
    I'm not clued up with autolauders at all, I always update via WiFi, how does it work?

Posted via CB10
    Very easy process. Download the zipped autoloader to your PC desktop from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...khqZGNNY0wxNlk , unzip it to give you a large .exe file (autoloader). Plug your Z30 into your PC then click on the .exe file. The Z30 will then begin to be loaded and takes about 15 minutes. Remember that this will WIPE your device and put a new OS on your device. You will then have to reinstall your email/accounts/apps etc. You can backup contacts/sms,mms/calendar/remember/call logs /documents etc using an app such as Ultimate Backup (BBW). Also make sure you remember your device password/bbid etc. If you have your contacts synced with gmail or some other email, they will of course be re-populated in your device after wi-fi is re-enabled.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-28-17 03:09 PM
    I use Browsie Browser, it's a pay app but good browser, it has adblock and can open multiple tab, try it.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-29-17 02:03 PM
    Very easy process. Download the zipped autoloader to your PC desktop from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...khqZGNNY0wxNlk , unzip it to give you a large .exe file (autoloader). Plug your Z30 into your PC then click on the .exe file. The Z30 will then begin to be loaded and takes about 15 minutes. Remember that this will WIPE your device and put a new OS on your device. You will then have to reinstall your email/accounts/apps etc. You can backup contacts/sms,mms/calendar/remember/call logs /documents etc using an app such as Ultimate Backup (BBW). Also make sure you remember your device password/bbid etc. If you have your contacts synced with gmail or some other email, they will of course be re-populated in your device after wi-fi is re-enabled.
    Except for scratches, you will have a new phone.
    11-30-17 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yea it might.. a factory reset would be best.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 07:13 AM
    This is a very good and useful post. Thank you.
    12-01-17 09:22 PM
    This is a very good and useful post. Thank you.
    Thanks--glad it helps!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 09:39 PM