10-19-12 04:36 PM
89 ... 234
tools
    an'd i'm sure your lastt BB was a BB5 device so you really have no leg to stand on at this point, either realise whats offered in phons today or quite commenting about running out of RAM these days. i have never had issues running out of it on my 9900 but then again i don't keep weather apps or any other app of the sort that stays running in the background besides whats offered nativly
    I'm running a Torch 9650 with OS7 and have had memory shortage issues. Others have reported them on these forums as well. They're not as common on OS7 but they happen.

- R.
    10-05-12 02:28 PM
    I think this is the phone they should have launched first out the gate to get back in the game. The other 2 are nice but with this info out about the Aristo, who's going to jump on the L or N series out the gate? Rim's not going to announce a release date for this phone I bet til at least the L and N series has been in peoples hands for 3 months. If they announce a date for this phone before that scenario, sales would be horrible. If the L and N series drop in Jan. 2013 don't look for this beast til at least fall of 2013. Maybe Xmas 2013.
    10-06-12 11:21 AM
    ONLY 16 GIGS OF MEMORY!?!

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    10-06-12 12:15 PM
    ONLY 16 GIGS OF MEMORY!?!

whats wrong with 16GB when you can get a 64GB SD card or a 128 when they are released, unless RIM makes it so you can't install apps onto the SD card i don't see a big problem with it
    10-06-12 01:48 PM
    whats wrong with 16GB when you can get a 64GB SD card or a 128 when they are released, unless RIM makes it so you can't install apps onto the SD card i don't see a big problem with it
    well thats the thing, I dont think well be able to install apps or games to our sd cards so 16 gigs is not enough

10-06-12 01:52 PM
    well thats the thing, I dont think well be able to install apps or games to our sd cards so 16 gigs is not enough

there is that possibiliity but there is also the possibility that app data might be compressed to make apps smaller. we'll just have to wait and see for what RIM has planned for BB10 with regards to app storage
    10-06-12 01:56 PM
    Two low end phones, two mid-range phones, two high end phones. I don't think this will come out in the near future. Or the former high-end phones will now be the mid-range phones.

I think this is probably just some phones they are thinking about. A lot of phones are just speculation and design projects.
    10-06-12 05:34 PM
    Hi RIM, I love you guys, I really do. But why do you take forever to build high-end devices?
    Go out there, buy high-end hardware and put it in your goddamn devices! Aristo specs sound awesome, but has andybody here seen the samsung galaxy note 2 ? 1,6ghz quadcore, 2gb ram, 3100mah battery! (okay, 5,5" is too much for my taste, but awesome hardware!) and the best part: IT'S OUT NOW! not possibly, maybe, somewhere around mid/end 2013, if not delayed...
    I mean, I am willing to wait for BB10, but it's hard to argue why anybody else should, considering you can buy a phone today that is definitely faster than the first bb10 phone in MAYBE january (or later..) 2013 will be.

plus: check out a youtube video for the note 2. they ripped of the timeshift camera from bb10! but again: you can go out TODAY and buy it, why wait for bb10? please RIM, I am starting to lose every argue with my friends.. you make it very hard to defend you!
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    10-07-12 08:53 AM
    Hi RIM, I love you guys, I really do. But why do you take forever to build high-end devices?
    Go out there, buy high-end hardware and put it in your goddamn devices! Aristo specs sound awesome, but has andybody here seen the samsung galaxy note 2 ? 1,6ghz quadcore, 2gb ram, 3100mah battery! (okay, 5,5" is too much for my taste, but awesome hardware!) and the best part: IT'S OUT NOW! not possibly, maybe, somewhere around mid/end 2013, if not delayed...
    I mean, I am willing to wait for BB10, but it's hard to argue why anybody else should, considering you can buy a phone today that is definitely faster than the first bb10 phone in MAYBE january (or later..) 2013 will be.

plus: check out a youtube video for the note 2. they ripped of the timeshift camera from bb10! but again: you can go out TODAY and buy it, why wait for bb10? please RIM, I am starting to lose every argue with my friends.. you make it very hard to defend you!
    they ripped off the camera thing? can you give me the link?

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    10-09-12 04:08 PM
    So would the Naples that's rumored to come out around the same time be the qwerty counterpart to the Aristo, with similar specs?
    10-18-12 05:15 PM
    He's right. The Note 2 does do it. BB10's integration is nicer but like he said, it's not here yet.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Group Shot Camera Test - MobileGeeks Daily
    10-18-12 05:46 PM
    He's right. The Note 2 does do it. BB10's integration is nicer but like he said, it's not here yet.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Group Shot Camera Test - MobileGeeks Daily
    10-18-12 05:48 PM
    And this is why I hope they are holding most the magic back until it is close to release. Last thing they need is all their best features copied before they can even release their devices.

Sure it'll be awhile before we get out hands on the Aristotle, but if the PlayBook is as smooth as it is on a 2 year old chip, just imagine how BB10 will fly on a dual core S4......then imagine how ridiculous it will but on a quad core!!! I can't wait personally
    10-18-12 06:52 PM
    If BB is releasing the L-series (iphone, Galaxy S3 Mini and “regularly sized phones” competitor), the A-series (Galaxy S3 and other phablets competitor) and the N-series (for the keyboard loyalists) then RIM will be unstoppable. I hope this is the plan. Three great phones from BB, with an awesome User Experience and great performance, for the world to fall in love with.
    10-19-12 04:36 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD