BB10 on quadcore. Our PlayBook with its current hardware puts most tablets to shame. Can you imagine a quadcore running all native code. Gonna leave all other in the dust guaranteed
    10-01-12 08:06 PM
    wow, those specs look awesome. waiting is def the hardest part. let's just hope we don't have to wait till the end of the year to see it.
    10-01-12 10:40 PM
    Nice! Same size as my Gnex.
    Curious to see this one, I like the specs.
    I do hope bb turns it around, competition is good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    10-02-12 07:35 AM
    I agree with roller. These specs almost put it on par with the note 2. But lmao at people calling this a phablet....

The only way this phone will land and do some serious damage is if and ONLY IF it makes it to the market in a timely manner. If they wait till summer or later to release the a-series, it won't even be considered a beast anymore. That's how quick the market reacts. They have to execute NOW.

Think about it, they have to survive the lumia 920, a rumored multi OEM nexus lineup, and whatever godliness come out of CES and MWC from HTC and company. Not to mention galaxy s4 rumor season shortly thereafter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Heh.

That how fast the Android Based Phones React. The WP and IOS devices don't react like that..

Android is a different beast. The Spec Race is being driven soley by the need for Manufacturers to differentiate themselves from the others because the Os is very similar between them all, other then touchwiz or sense layers they put on.. That apps, and core features are all there.

A quad core phone we would be cool so i could walk around saying.. Yup.. My bb has a quad core... But in all reality my S3 is more then fast and fluid enough.
    10-02-12 09:29 AM
    Wish it was the first released BB10 phone because now I have to spend more money
    annon91221 likes this.
    10-02-12 09:37 AM
    Hmmmm... now what am I going to do at release of BB10? Wait for this one, or pay full price when its available? Dammit!

I guess it all depends on what info is out about this phone at the launch of BB10. Or, how solid is the info...

Although, I am asking myself at what point do more processors become pointless? Is there really going to be that much of a noticeable upgrade in a quad core processor over dual core? Maybe for gaming, but I don't/won't game on my phone.
    10-02-12 09:53 AM
    Hmmmm... now what am I going to do at release of BB10? Wait for this one, or pay full price when its available? Dammit!

I guess it all depends on what info is out about this phone at the launch of BB10. Or, how solid is the info...

Although, I am asking myself at what point do more processors become pointless? Is there really going to be that much of a noticeable upgrade in a quad core processor over dual core? Maybe for gaming, but I don't/won't game on my phone.
    I could care less about the processer..i'm more interested in the larger screen and juicy battery! Om nom nom
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-02-12 10:50 AM
    I'm sure the L series dual core processor will be future proof for a little while, but with all the multi-tasking going on, the 2 gb of RAM would be key.
    10-02-12 11:11 AM
    I'm sure the L series dual core processor will be future proof for a little while, but with all the multi-tasking going on, the 2 gb of RAM would be key.
    I'm in agreeance with you there. The 2gb of RAM is what I want on the launch device, maybe a slightly bigger battery too (although being removable makes it better)
    10-02-12 11:28 AM
    I'm in agreeance with you there. The 2gb of RAM is what I want on the launch device, maybe a slightly bigger battery too (although being removable makes it better)
    That much I'm 100% for and it will take 0 convincing to get me to upgrade for more RAM.
    10-02-12 12:55 PM
    And here is what is worrying me....

So this phone is a beast. Already folks are saying they are planning to wait for it. Let's hope we don't have an iPhone 5 effect, where people weren't buying iPhones because they were waiting for the iPhone 5 to drop. If that happens with the BB10 devices, RIM won't pull out of its financial downturn as quickly as needed, putting at peril its ability to maintain solvency until this phone comes out.

I know I'm bringing everybody down, but that is my concern at the moment.
    howarmat, codiak and drjay868 like this.
    10-02-12 03:14 PM

So this phone is a beast. Already folks are saying they are planning to wait for it. Let's hope we don't have an iPhone 5 effect, where people weren't buying iPhones because they were waiting for the iPhone 5 to drop. If that happens with the BB10 devices, RIM won't pull out of its financial downturn as quickly as needed, putting at peril its ability to maintain solvency until this phone comes out.

Agree. They should've kept this one in the vault.
    10-02-12 03:46 PM

A valid concern at almost anytime. I would be worried, except for a few things. Apple just released a device, and even viewing the specs on this beast, wouldn't be able to churn out another idevice before BB10 drops. The release of the latest gen iPhone usually takes place just before the holiday season is about to begin.

WP - Yeah, whatever (insert device/manufacturer here) is about to come out, and these new devices will be available, or already are, in time for the holiday season as well. As they ramp up WP8 and Windows 8, I don't believe these leaked specs will change any directions MSFT is going. Sometimes I don't think they know where they are going (another thread..LoL)

Android - This beast is always moving (wierd cause about 2% of all Android users are on the Jelly), so we know it's not all about the software. Someone, somewhere is always working on an a new Android device. The leaked specs (at this point) are not enough to develop a brand new device with the same specs and experience as this A-series one. Not if they also want to drop theirs in Q2 like RIM may be planning.

Personal opinion, but I think most device manufacturers already have a brief outline of where their devices will go and what technology will be incorporated in future releases. If these specs had been leaked in May-June, then I would be worried. Not so much now. They have as good a shot as any to make it or break it in 2013.
    10-02-12 05:02 PM
    With all the rumours about upcoming BlackBerry 10 smartphones the share price will limp along before the bottom falls out in 2013. When the curtain is pulled back on 01 April 2013 we expect more than a dog-and-pony show punctuated by smoke and mirrors.
    That should be plenty to win over Americans. After all a dog act won the million dollar prize on America's got talent without the pony or the smoke and mirrors.
    10-02-12 05:52 PM

its a good point because i was certainly going to get the first bb10 phone this makes me really want to wait. Supposedly 6 months later after the initial launch they launch another phone that leaves the first in the dust. Makes it real hard to bite on the L series...
    10-02-12 06:01 PM
    A valid concern at almost anytime. I would be worried, except for a few things. Apple just released a device, and even viewing the specs on this beast, wouldn't be able to churn out another idevice before BB10 drops. The release of the latest gen iPhone usually takes place just before the holiday season is about to begin.

WP - Yeah, whatever (insert device/manufacturer here) is about to come out, and these new devices will be available, or already are, in time for the holiday season as well. As they ramp up WP8 and Windows 8, I don't believe these leaked specs will change any directions MSFT is going. Sometimes I don't think they know where they are going (another thread..LoL)

Android - This beast is always moving (wierd cause about 2% of all Android users are on the Jelly), so we know it's not all about the software. Someone, somewhere is always working on an a new Android device. The leaked specs (at this point) are not enough to develop a brand new device with the same specs and experience as this A-series one. Not if they also want to drop theirs in Q2 like RIM may be planning.

Personal opinion, but I think most device manufacturers already have a brief outline of where their devices will go and what technology will be incorporated in future releases. If these specs had been leaked in May-June, then I would be worried. Not so much now. They have as good a shot as any to make it or break it in 2013.

Ah but you're focusing on outside competitors. In this instance, RIM has one device coming that will surpass their two earlier offerings. My concern is RIM's competition with itself....of course we want RIM to create a beast of a phone like this, but the timing is bad for those who had been considering adoption of the first two. And time is not in RIM's friend at the moment.

It's not what Apple, Microsoft or any of the Android manufacturers will do that is of worry to me, is that every person who waits for this phone will not have got an earlier device. And that's a sale not made. And that can be perceived by the media, blogs, etc as negative and there you go....the whole downward spiral.

Whoever the insider was who leaked this really did not do RIM a favour when taking into account the first two BB10 releases, and the fact that people will wait for this phone who would have bought one of the two other devices.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-02-12 07:27 PM
    its a good point because i was certainly going to get the first bb10 phone this makes me really want to wait. Supposedly 6 months later after the initial launch they laanch another phone that leaves the first in the dust. Makes it real hard to bite on the L series...
    Precisely. That's what disheartening. It will take initial sales away from the first two. And I believe that I read somewhere that there is an Android device coming with the almost identical specs, being released earlier.
    10-02-12 07:31 PM
    Precisely. That's what disheartening. It will take initial sales away from the first two. And I believe that I read somewhere that there is an Android device coming with the almost identical specs, being released earlier.
    The good thing is that not many actual people are here on the forums and will know about this next device, not many know of bb10 yet anyway. Most are typical consumers that wont have a clue
    10-02-12 07:39 PM
    lol...

that leaves us to keep us mouth (hand) silent until aristo is out...
    so, on the meantime let the others buy the phone they always wanted (BB10) and us waiting on whether aristo actually will come out (or not).

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 08:09 PM

i would totally agree, but i don't think its likely goign to happen like that, i'm tending to lean more towards what Bla1ze was sayign on another thread that the london is basically a dev alpha b
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...3/#post7653701

could it be possible that the L series is supposed to be a mid level BB10 phone and the A series a high level? i don't know what to think and all these leaks are starting to make me sad that i can't get a BB10 device right now. PLEASE Q1 2013 COME FASTER

PS: again those fuzzbutts are AWESOME
    10-02-12 09:05 PM
    there is no way I'm waiting any longer. The wait for the london device is already brutal enought. I'm gonna be getting the first BB 10 phone and I guess ima have to sell some plasma to get this Aristo beast when it comes down. I can always pass down the london to my fiancee.
    ayekon likes this.
    10-02-12 09:09 PM
    It sounds like it will be outdated before it's released...
    Last edited by BlastTyrant; 10-02-12 at 09:43 PM.
    10-02-12 09:36 PM
    What is this Aristo? Is it an L series phone.

I dont buy this particular leak....2 gb of memory AND 2800 mAh battery? nope!
    What's so so shocking about 2GB of memory? My S2 Skyrocket has 2GB just for apps . And an additional 768MB of RAM. And I've got a 3800mha battery...and my clock speed is a shade under 1.6 Ghz. And it's 6 mos old....
    I forgot to mention the 12GB of internal storage and the 32GB microSD slot...
    Last edited by BlastTyrant; 10-02-12 at 09:46 PM.
    10-02-12 09:39 PM
    Yes, the Xiaomi Phone 2 will be available later this month. Although it will have a smaller screen at 4.3", it will be released with a quad-core Krait 8064 processor.

http://www.xiaomi.com/mi2

The best part? It will cost 2000RMB (about $310) off contract. I plan to get one before I leave China.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 10-02-12 at 11:00 PM.
    10-02-12 10:57 PM
    What's so so shocking about 2GB of memory? My S2 Skyrocket has 2GB just for apps . And an additional 768MB of RAM. And I've got a 3800mha battery...and my clock speed is a shade under 1.6 Ghz. And it's 6 mos old....
    I forgot to mention the 12GB of internal storage and the 32GB microSD slot...
    The 2GB refers to just RAM.
    10-02-12 10:58 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD