I'm packing both and want to dump one and try to go with less on the handheld.

Bewesther's graphics is tops. BUT the forecasts especially outside of 2 days seems to be quite inaccurate as compared to the native accuweather powered one.

Thoughts?

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    02-03-14 10:36 PM
    I love Beweather pro. The interface is great and the animations are gorgeous

Posted via CB10
    bbdodgersdude likes this.
    02-03-14 10:38 PM
    I prefer the layout and the simplicity of the native app. But I would like more details in the future
    02-03-14 10:42 PM
    I like both. But be.... look better
    Best weather app.... be weather pro or native?-img_00000462.png

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:44 PM
    I like the graphics of BeWeather Pro, however the "Feels Like" temperature value on the app seems to be broken. It is always exactly equal to the reported temperature.

The native weather app is not as beautiful, but just as informative and certainly more accurate, at least in my experience.
    02-03-14 10:49 PM
    Isn't there any weather app that puts a temp on status bar somewhere? Since we cannot sticky the apps on running apps screen it makes it cumbersome to having to run weather app just to check weather..
    02-03-14 11:33 PM
    Be weather pro for sure. I don't remember the last time I opened native app.

Although let me throw out a new competitor.

Weatherplus. It's setup like yahoo weather so great one view shows all interface good for z type devices.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    02-03-14 11:34 PM
    Thanks.

Just find the info inaccurate. Quite actually.

02-03-14 11:39 PM
    Beweather Pro is great. Don't forget about The Last Weather App!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:26 AM
    I love Accuweather. Awesome Cascades effects in it.
    02-04-14 01:04 AM
    I have both and I rarely use BeWeather.
    02-04-14 01:11 AM
    have always used beweather on my bbs however wish I could have the animation (the icons that u can download) as the active frame...like u could do with other OS

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 01:59 AM
    I have both and 2 others. 3 of them are always within a degree of each other in current temp but I've seen Be Weather be as much as 10 degrees different. I find it hard to believe that the other 3 are wrong. Be Weather may look great and have a great interface, but if it's not accurate then it's useless.
    02-04-14 05:23 AM
    Depends where they take readings. For example for Dover MA Accuweather defaults to the reading at KOWD in the next town over; that airport is a low spot and regularly several degrees colder than any of the available BeWeather locations.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 06:03 AM
    I have BeWeather, but I only use the native one for now. I like the look of the native, and BeWeather always seems to be off on the temps.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-04-14 07:13 AM
    Depends where they take readings. For example for Dover MA Accuweather defaults to the reading at KOWD in the next town over; that airport is a low spot and regularly several degrees colder than any of the available BeWeather locations.

That's a good point. I don't know that any of the weather apps I have let you choose the location of the actual weather station the readings come from.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:44 AM
    I have both and 2 others. 3 of them are always within a degree of each other in current temp but I've seen Be Weather be as much as 10 degrees different. I find it hard to believe that the other 3 are wrong. Be Weather may look great and have a great interface, but if it's not accurate then it's useless.
    Amen. I was going to say thus but didn't want to sound rude as I started the thread.

02-04-14 09:21 AM
    I love the look of Beweather pro and have used it for years. However it is not very accurate. It also doesn't give forecasted AMOUNTS of snow! Their animated maps are the best, and their alerts work well. Since the 10.2.1 update, Beweather hasn't been working well... frequent disconnects where it will suddenly show 0 degrees on a black background until I manually refresh it. Also seems to be a major battery drain which was never the case! I assume it is having connection issues under 10.2.1 and doing repeated retries. So... I've switched to Accuweather. not as pretty, but more accurate, snow amounts, decent maps, alerts, and longer range forecasts. I pull up Beweather if I want to check something on its nicer maps.

I hope Beweather fixes the battery drain disconnect issue. I did file a ticket with them. But I also am liking the snow amount info and better accuracy of Accuweather. I find it beats the built in app in terms of features.
    02-04-14 04:15 PM
    I actually find that the weather channel app is the most accurate with their 'feel like' temperature. Although I have all three on my phone. I should really delete one!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 06:16 PM
    I like accuweather

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 06:45 PM
    So there is not a single app that puts a constant temp icon anywhere? Even OS 7 had that.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-04-14 07:09 PM
    I love the look of Beweather pro and have used it for years. However it is not very accurate. It also doesn't give forecasted AMOUNTS of snow! Their animated maps are the best, and their alerts work well. Since the 10.2.1 update, Beweather hasn't been working well... frequent disconnects where it will suddenly show 0 degrees on a black background until I manually refresh it. Also seems to be a major battery drain which was never the case! I assume it is having connection issues under 10.2.1 and doing repeated retries. So... I've switched to Accuweather. not as pretty, but more accurate, snow amounts, decent maps, alerts, and longer range forecasts. I pull up Beweather if I want to check something on its nicer maps.

I hope Beweather fixes the battery drain disconnect issue. I did file a ticket with them. But I also am liking the snow amount info and better accuracy of Accuweather. I find it beats the built in app in terms of features.
    Maybe I'm just missing it. Where is the snow amount info in the accuweather app?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:11 PM
    Maybe I'm just missing it. Where is the snow amount info in the accuweather app?

Posted via CB10
    Never mind, I found it. Glad you pointed out that it existed...

Best weather app.... be weather pro or native?-img_20140204_191830.png

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:21 PM
    I kinda like last weather app
    Best weather app.... be weather pro or native?-img_20140204_202208.png

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    clickitykeys, bizzyqu and artie like this.
    02-04-14 07:22 PM
    Never mind, I found it. Glad you pointed out that it existed...
    Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I can't believe so many weather apps miss this! I mean "snow" means a very different thing depending on how much is expected!
    tmf06 likes this.
    02-04-14 07:52 PM