I bought a battery replacement for my Z30, taking advantage of a good deal.

The battery in my phone is good enough now that it does not need to be replaced now.

What would be the best way to store the extra battery so that it works when I need to do the replacement?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 07:35 PM
    - The recommended storage temperature for most batteries is 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit); the extreme allowable temperature is –40 to 50 degrees Celsius (–40 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit) for most chemistries.

- Avoid freezing. Batteries freeze more easily if in discharged state.

- Lithium-ion must be stored in a charged state, ideally 40 percent. This prevents the battery from dropping below 2.50V/cell that could trigger the sleep mode.

Source: BU-702: How to Store Batteries
    skstrials likes this.
    02-21-16 07:45 PM
    What was the good deal on the replacement battery?
    03-08-16 11:17 AM
    It was the Shop Crackberry store here. The battery was being sold for $40.

I know there are cheaper ones on Ebay, but with Shop Crackberry, I could be sure that it was legit.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 01:16 PM
    It was the Shop Crackberry store here. The battery was being sold for $40.

I know there are cheaper ones on Ebay, but with Shop Crackberry, I could be sure that it was legit.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Mine remains good but since I intend to hold onto the device for some time I'm considering a replacement for when the inevitable occurs... based on the increased chatter about Z30 batteries lol
    03-08-16 01:29 PM
    I just purchased an external power device to charge my Z30 when I'm on-the-go. After owning the device for 2 years, my battery no longer lasts a full day under moderate- to heavy useage. I'm still very pleased with the overall performance of the Z30 for my business-oriented use.

Taniwha
    03-10-16 02:30 PM
    In my case, no matter how little I use the phone, the battery dries quickly due to difficulty in getting the network. However, when I'm in better location, I can use the phone for one day long with normal use.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 06:50 PM
    Heat is a big problem with Lithium batteries. Be careful with alternate chargers that cause too much heat. You are better off with a lot of partial charges.

Posted by Jerbru
    03-15-16 07:57 AM
    I bought a battery replacement for my Z30, taking advantage of a good deal.

The battery in my phone is good enough now that it does not need to be replaced now.

What would be the best way to store the extra battery so that it works when I need to do the replacement?

Posted via CB10
    Is there a date code on the battery that shows when it was manufactured?

Ideally you'd buy a freshly manufactured battery when you need to replace it. At 40% charge, a lithium ion battery has lost about 25% of its capacity after a year.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-16 11:50 PM