07-30-14 05:05 PM
34 12
tools
    HI all,

What cases have you all found to be the best for your Z30's? I hate bulk and on my Q10 I love the soft shell and even when I have dropped it it protects perfect!

I also have a Tempered glass Screen Protector on my Q10 and its been great! The seller put a skinomi wet application one screen protector on it.

Mine is coming from a Otter box defender and a BB leather holster. Looking at the OB Defender looks horrible and bulky!

Any pictures and input would be cool.

Curt
    07-15-14 11:54 AM
    07-15-14 12:01 PM
    I use the OEM holster or the flip cover, plus I have ghost Armor protective material. Of course these options don't provide maximum protection, but for me I like the the feel of the device and rarely drop them.
    07-15-14 12:02 PM
    Here is a link to a thread I created on here for a bumper case and holster:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=938536

The holster is a little loose but works, the bumper is great! I drop my phone all the time and there aren't any marks on it thanks to the bumper.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z30
    07-15-14 01:51 PM
    07-15-14 02:13 PM
    stopped using the OB Defender, the transform case works best for me
    07-15-14 02:32 PM
    I use Otterbox defender and it has good protection
    07-15-14 08:40 PM
    The OEM holster works for me.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    07-15-14 09:02 PM
    I use the OEM leather pouch or this case depending on what I feel like using.
    07-16-14 03:00 AM
    I never liked the bulkiness of the Otterbox Defender, but they do work. Right now I'm sporting an Otterbox Commuter. Very well protected and does what I need it to do. Kinda wish Seidio made a case and holster as I had one for my Z10. Still really liked that case.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    medic22003 likes this.
    07-16-14 01:08 PM
    I use the OtterBox Commuter and then this one from Verizon.

I like the Commuter, though recently the side of it broke, so I used Krazy Glue to keep it together. The Verizon gel skin one is really nice. It keeps the silver chin covered, and allows for full access to the ports, but keeps the volume buttons and power button covered. While I like the Commuter, it is pretty bulky, and whenever I take my Z30 out, I'm always kind of sad that there aren't more cases that allow its design and thinness to be shown more. The one cool thing about the Commuter is that there is a cutout for the BlackBerry logo, so everyone can see it.

High Gloss Silicone Cover for BlackBerry Z30 - Black - Verizon Wireless
    07-16-14 01:20 PM
    07-16-14 03:47 PM
    This case is the one that we've got on the Z30's here;
    BlackBerry US Online Store - Z30 Leather Flip Case - Black

It puts it to sleep when closed and looks nice when it comes out of a suit pocket or just lying on the table.
    You can see the red LED blinking through a special lens on the closed leather door as well.

Also comes in white.
    07-16-14 03:55 PM
    Let me know how u like it
    I was expecting it today but freaking Amazon "handed it over to the Postal Service" now who know when the heck I'll get it....grrrrrrr

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 04:04 PM
    I went with the Otterbox Defender. I ride a Harley and had a previous BB knocked out of the holder by my wife. (don't know why she thought she could pull my phone out of the holder while riding on the interstate) It took the fall and 1000's of flips down the interstate at 65 mph and still worked when we found it (thanks to a couple riding behind us!) It as bulk to the phone but it really protects it also!
    07-16-14 08:59 PM
    07-17-14 06:46 PM
    Blackberry Transform is by far the best and most durable, they give you a screen protector with the case for all around protection! After trying many cases on my Z10 and having them break for no reason I went with transform for that phone and once got Z30 did the same!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 06:58 PM
    I was expecting it today but freaking Amazon "handed it over to the Postal Service" now who know when the heck I'll get it....grrrrrrr

Posted via CB10
    <<< Mailman.

Anything that comes as "Smart Post" or "Sure Post" has the last mile of delivery done by the Postal Service. In short, free shipping means the delivery companies minimize their costs to get it to you -- FedEx and UPS have the lowest cost over long distances, whereas USPS has the lowest cost on the "last mile" of delivery. All that handing off takes time but reduces cost. Trust me, even the Postal Service has strict deadlines, and people do lose their jobs for not meeting them.

Curious, has your clear case arrived yet? I'm also in the market for a case.
    07-18-14 11:27 AM
    <<< Mailman.

Anything that comes as "Smart Post" or "Sure Post" has the last mile of delivery done by the Postal Service. In short, free shipping means the delivery companies minimize their costs to get it to you -- FedEx and UPS have the lowest cost over long distances, whereas USPS has the lowest cost on the "last mile" of delivery. All that handing off takes time but reduces cost. Trust me, even the Postal Service has strict deadlines, and people do lose their jobs for not meeting them.

I got notified last night that it was delivered but I'm in the Hamptons until Sunday. That's why I used Prime 2 day shippingto have it delivered on Wednesday but nooo. I had a friend pick it up so it wouldn't be stolen and they said it was just laying on the ground in front of my house's front door...nice job USPS.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 01:01 PM
    For me the good old fashioned holster works to perfection for me....my kids make fun of it, but it just works.
    skm67 likes this.
    07-18-14 04:46 PM
    I use the BlackBerry leather flip & I love it.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    07-18-14 07:58 PM
    I gave a great shield case I bought from amazon for peanuts. It is by far the best case I've had on it. Beats the tar out of my otter box defender. Put an I smooth screen protector on and the great shield case. Good combo.

Posted via CB10GreatShield GUARDIAN S Series Slim-Fit TPU Case for Blackberry Aristo Z30 / A10 (Black)
    GreatShield (19)

List Price: $14.99
    07-20-14 10:43 PM
    I have a seido for my z10 that I gave my kids and I agree with you. That is a nice case.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 10:45 PM
    Let me know how u like it
    So I just got the clear case & it looks, no looked, pretty thin and flimsy. After sticking my Z30 in there, it seems to have gotten a bit sturdier. It has holes for the mics on the side and the plugs along with the speakers and headphone port. It has a very small raised lip to protect the screen from drops. The case seems wiggly at it's obvious weak points, the middle from the Micro HDMI/USB ports to the noise cancelling mics because of the holes cut out. Pretty decent case for the price. I like it as a casual case.
    07-22-14 08:09 PM
    I know it's pricey but the Noreve case is amazing.
    http://www.noreve.com/advanced_searc...blackberry+z30

STA-100-3 v 10.2.1.3157; Radio 3182
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    07-23-14 12:06 AM
34 12