10-17-13 08:39 PM
29 12
tools
    I went to the Bell store in Eaton Center downtown Toronto. Probably one of the biggest Bell Stores in the country. Ask the guy do you guys have the Z30? He replies back Z30???? In like a shocking way as if I'm asking for moon rocks.

I wish BlackBerry would market the Z30 like how they did with the Z10. I don't see any news paper ad, no posters, no commercial and this is in Canada. Now I know how BlackBerry is treated in the states. Wow. It's sad because from all the reviews I've read and owning both Q10 and Z10 the Z30 seems to be a good phone.

Posted via CB10
    spiculated likes this.
    10-16-13 11:27 AM
    I went to the Bell store in Eaton Center downtown Toronto. Probably one of the biggest Bell Stores in the country. Ask the guy do you guys have the Z30? He replies back Z30???? In like a shocking way as if I'm asking for moon rocks.

I wish BlackBerry would market the Z30 like how they did with the Z10. I don't see any news paper ad, no posters, no commercial and this is in Canada. Now I know how BlackBerry is treated in the states. Wow. It's sad because from all the reviews I've read and owning both Q10 and Z10 the Z30 seems to be a good phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah Agreed, BlackBerry marketing efforts (or lack thereof) is doing a disjustice to a great phone.
    Last edited by spiculated; 10-16-13 at 11:50 AM.
    10-16-13 11:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I had a similar experience, except the Bell store here had a dummy display unit, and the sales person did know about it.

The Rogers store in the same mall - the guy sort of knew about it but wasn't sure if they were even selling it, went to check with some other staff members and came back and they said they are only selling it online.

At Wireless Wave the sales person didn't appear to know about the Z30 and tried to tell me that Rogers wasn't selling it at all, and he had no info on it for any other carrier.

Telus there was no sign of the Z30 at all but the store was busy so I didn't talk to anyone.

Anyway with clueless people like that I don't want to waste my time.

Telephone booth - no sign of the Z30 at all (but again they were busy).

So basically I only saw a dummy Z30 unit at Bell and no sign of it in any of the other carrier stores. I didn't bother to look at Fido or Virgin Mobile kiosks as I'm sure they are clueless.
    10-16-13 11:49 AM
    Virgin Mobile doesn't even have it on their website. Not sure they are carrying it at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 06:22 PM
    Next time maybe say "BlackBerry Z30".

Sony has phones that start with "Z" so maybe they were confused with Sony phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 06:31 PM
    Shameful that stores that sell technology doesn't know what one of the top 4 manufacturer is selling. Fine if you're a user off the street, BUT THIS YOUR BUSINESS! I'm sorry but there's no excuse.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Tom689 and R Field like this.
    10-16-13 06:36 PM
    Bought mine at a Bell store yesterday with no problems. Maybe call Bell to find out which store has it in Stock before heading out.
    PS: the beast is truly beautiful

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:26 PM
    This story only means their staff lacks proper training, be it the company's fault or not. Some trainings are online and can be done very quickly, oversighting most useful informations.

Now if the company isn't testing their employees skills correctly, that's another story. They are paid to be the reference when someone wants informations on a phone they sell, that's it.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:34 PM
    I'll add to this thread by saying that I went through the same thing. I went to my local Bell store on Tuesday and asked if they had the Z30. Guy says no, they haven't told them yet if they'll be getting it. Frustrated, I left. I came back to the exact same store about thirty minutes later and asked a different sales guy about the Z30, and he told me that they had a single unit in stock to sell. Obviously the first guy I spoke too wad competent enough to know their own product.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:30 PM
    Happened to me too. The guy had no idea what it was... sad......

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:41 PM
    Update: I did end up getting one from the Source. They had the black one in Stock. No ads their either but they did have a dummy model hidden in between other phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:42 AM
    The dummy units do the phone no justice. Just by looking at and holding a dummy unit won't sell the phone. Why the delay in getting demo units?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:59 AM
    Update: I did end up getting one from the Source. They had the black one in Stock. No ads their either but they did have a dummy model hidden in between other phones.

Posted via CB10
    We're you able to buy it outright without hassle? Same price as Telus?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 09:57 AM
    I just went into a cell place and the representative came up and asked if she could help me. I said I was in to look at the Z30. She immediately made this snotty face, shook her head and said "no". I was thinking Wtf???? I asked her why she would turn me off from a phone I specifically came in to look at and she said "because I don't like BB". I was shocked at this. Then I asked if they had a demo and she said "maybe in the drawer" and then didn't even offer to look. I then asked if she even used one and she said no. I said "you know, I have a Z10 and bought it at launch, it must be a good OS if I'm willing to go out and spend 700 to upgrade a 600 phone I bought less than a year ago. I then left as she was trying to talk me into anything but BlackBerry. This isn't the case everywhere but no wonder the sales are low. I'll never set foot in that place again....

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:03 PM
    I just bought an otterbox commuter case for my Z30 at the TELUS store at the Eaton centre. The girl there actually said they have been selling really well! Was happy to hear that. I agree if they launched this device first and advertised maybe BlackBerry wouldn't be in the predictiment they are in now?

Posted Via my Z-30
    10-17-13 01:08 PM
    He obviously wasn't smart, he must be in a cave.

Everyone in Canada knows about the Z30 now because of the whole Rogers not carrying it thing. People who were 80 years old without a cell phone were asking me about it..

It was all over the papers even counting the Toronto sun.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:11 PM
    He obviously wasn't smart, he must be in a cave.

Everyone in Canada knows about the Z30 now because of the whole Rogers not carrying it thing. People who were 80 years old without a cell phone were asking me about it..

It was all over the papers even counting the Toronto sun.

Posted via CB10
    Well if anything it was great advertisement for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:13 PM
    as if I'm asking for moon rocks.

Posted via CB10
    There goes my afternoon tea all over the monitor, keyboard and my desk....boss is looking at me like I'm made out of moon rocks LOL that made me laugh, good one!

Back to the point...I was at the Telus corporate store in downtown Brampton....one rep didn't know sh1t, this female employee told her 'I can handle it, you can take your break'

she said that her store there should be seeing them shortly, and no exact date was given We talked about my Q10 and we met for coffee a little while later....everything went better than expected lol
    10-17-13 01:41 PM
    ...I said I was in to look at the Z30. She immediately made this snotty face, shook her head and said "no". I was thinking Wtf???? I asked her why she would turn me off from a phone I specifically came in to look at and she said "because I don't like BB". I was shocked at this. Then I asked if they had a demo and she said "maybe in the drawer" and then didn't even offer to look. I then asked if she even used one and she said no...
    That is very unprofessional. From what I learned working automotive parts counters when I was younger. Never tell a customer what you think of their car unless you love it. If you don't like the car you tell them it's nice and leave your comments out of it. If you can find even one nice thing to say about it you could even pick up a repeat customer and if your making commission, which I wasn't, that is what you should be doing. Same can go for any thing a person spends time on purchasing.
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-17-13 02:16 PM
    I just went into a cell place and the representative came up and asked if she could help me. I said I was in to look at the Z30. She immediately made this snotty face, shook her head and said "no". I was thinking Wtf???? I asked her why she would turn me off from a phone I specifically came in to look at and she said "because I don't like BB". I was shocked at this. Then I asked if they had a demo and she said "maybe in the drawer" and then didn't even offer to look. I then asked if she even used one and she said no. I said "you know, I have a Z10 and bought it at launch, it must be a good OS if I'm willing to go out and spend 700 to upgrade a 600 phone I bought less than a year ago. I then left as she was trying to talk me into anything but BlackBerry. This isn't the case everywhere but no wonder the sales are low. I'll never set foot in that place again....

Posted via CB10

Bell Rep Never Heard Of The Z30-9db_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 02:53 PM
    You would think these people would have an interest in their job and maybe check out sites like mobilesyrup.com, that talk about all kinds of mobile platforms, just sayin
    10-17-13 02:57 PM
    You would think these people would have an interest in their job and maybe check out sites like mobilesyrup.com, that talk about all kinds of mobile platforms, just sayin
    You haven't worked in retail (commissioned or otherwise) recently, have you... This is by no means a statement about all sales people but having picked up some shifts at a Future Shop a couple of Christmases ago for some extra holiday money, I can tell you that other sales associates flat out made things up to make sales and just hoped that by the time anyone was trying to make any returns, they had already got their last cheque so they didn't have to worry about losing the commission.
    It was BRUTAL. Especially when I would tell people the truth about products (including telling them I didn't know the answer to their question but was happy to get it for them) and would end up losing sales to others who would swoop in while I was getting an answer, lie to them about a more expensive product and ring them out before I got back.

Always made my day when the customer came back a day or two later after trying it out or doing their research and had to sheepishly ask me to do a return on the product I told them wouldn't do what they wanted it to in the first place.
    10-17-13 03:11 PM
    Actually I do work in retail, Worked for the same company since 1978. When ever I go to rogers I deal with the same people usually. I would like to think if they were at least a little bit interested in their jobs , they would try to know more about the business they are in
    10-17-13 03:45 PM
    Here we go again

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:47 PM
    I'm not disagreeing ,I'm just saying ....you would think ....
    10-17-13 03:53 PM
29 12