It irks me to no end to read posts by the BlackBerry apologists here on BlackBerry responding to every issue by say that the "messiah" aka John Chen has said he is targeting enterprise now.

With the latest minor update all of the entries in my calendar have disappeared. All of my recurring events, such as birthdays all gone. Single events such as meetings and appointments all gone.

I'm sure that the business users that Chen is targeting really want all of their calendar entries to be erased during an update.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    06-09-15 11:03 AM
    Where are your entries coming from? Are they all in the same calendar or different ones being synced from elsewhere?
    06-09-15 11:12 AM
    Where are your entries coming from? Are they all in the same calendar or different ones being synced from elsewhere?
    They WERE all in the same calendar. Not being synced anywhere.

06-09-15 11:16 AM
    Did you backup you phone content before updating?

You know an OTA update is not a foolproof method and there is a chance for things to go wrong as you're finding out. I think it's unreasonable for you to place blame on BlackBerry or any one person, when you as a consumer have a stake in the matter and don't do your due diligence prior to updating your OS.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    06-09-15 03:15 PM
    Did you backup you phone content before updating?

You know an OTA update is not a foolproof method and there is a chance for things to go wrong as you're finding out. I think it's unreasonable for you to place blame on BlackBerry or any one person, when you as a consumer have a stake in the matter and don't do your due diligence prior to updating your OS.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Unfortunately, no. Because I didn't intend to do the update. I must have accidentally hit "update now" instead of "remind me later".

The whole thing is very frustrating. This is only one of the problems. Since the first 10.3.1 update I'm also getting rogue / random alerts several times a day, when I haven't actually received a new message.

06-09-15 04:53 PM
    Have you swiped down from the top to see what Calendars are available? Maybe you've got the wrong one selected as default
    06-09-15 05:27 PM
    Have you swiped down from the top to see what Calendars are available? Maybe you've got the wrong one selected as default
    Yes, unfortunately I have. I only have one calendar and it was properly selected.

06-11-15 06:06 PM
    So sorry you lost your calendar, a real pain. Many times when we really need a backup it's because something unexpected happened. Don't see how it's a BlackBerry issue though, TBH.

Check out Firechest from BlackBerry World. It will backup your calendar, contacts, etc and even sync with Dropbox. It's a wonderful app.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.680
    06-11-15 07:12 PM
    They WERE all in the same calendar. Not being synced anywhere.

And that is your first mistake. You are likely to lose data if something goes wrong. But if something goes wrong and you can still sync, you don't lose anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 07:15 PM
    My sister has an iPhone 6 and she lost everything over last 2 or 3 upgrades. She religiously backs up her phone before and upgrade. You're not alone bud, it happens to everyone. I had it happen to me also and learned my lesson to always back up if I have something important and don't want to lose anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 07:30 PM
    My sister has an iPhone 6 and she lost everything over last 2 or 3 upgrades. She religiously backs up her phone before and upgrade. You're not alone bud, it happens to everyone. I had it happen to me also and learned my lesson to always back up if I have something important and don't want to lose anything.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. And for calendar, contact data it's better to keep them saved to a email provider rather than local storage or sim.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-11-15 07:34 PM
    This IS NOT going to help you!

A phone IS a computer. When doing ANYTHING on ANY computer that is potentially risky, back it up first! Their software and hardware manufacturers tell you that.

My Calendar, Contacts, etc., seem OK so far after my Wi-Fi OTA update.

It's OK to be pissed; it's natural and I'd be too. BUT, sh!t happens when dealing with computers.
    This IS NOT BB's fault!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 11:23 PM
    Very unfortunate. Have you tried rebooting (not resetting) the device?
    06-11-15 11:30 PM