Hi

I own a z30 with leak 10.2.1.1925....everything is a charm and all...but I have noticed a weird thing:

usually for bbm channels, new posts are made known by a star next to the bbm channel pic (indicating a new post)...and so, u open it and find ur new posts that u didnt read since ur last visit to that channel!

nowadays, its not the case at all...I need to open each bbm channel and I find all new posts pushed imnediately (unlike before, automatically) with the popup message (a new post was added)...which in most cases, appear to be posts made somewhere between a few moments to a few hours ago!!!

I wonder if this has to do with the leak I have on board?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:41 AM
    Hi,

Welcome to the forums! This is not the case with me at all. Sometimes it takes a second or so to load up but overall the new post notification sparks are there. I'm running the leak as well and have since it dropped in the forums. I'm also not running the newest BBM beta because I wasn't invited to test it
    01-24-14 11:37 AM
    thanks for the reply!

the spark appears for some channels not all...the pushed posts delay is for all...spark or not...

this is really weird...I wonder where did I go wrong?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 12:09 PM
    I'm not too sure that you did anything wrong- how long have you had this OS installed? For me when I update the OS it takes a day or so for BBM to settle in correctly
    01-24-14 01:00 PM
    installed almost four days ago!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 02:00 PM
    Yes, this bug is affecting me as well... And I'm not a leaked OS.
    02-07-14 02:26 AM
    I have issues with bbm channels too. I thought it was an issue with me being in a beta bbm on the z10 back when I was using a z10, but I still have issues with channels notification on the z30. On the bold 9900, I get channels notifications like any other notifications. On z30/z10, I get nothing and have to check within the bbm app to get the info.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:10 PM
    Hi

I own a z30 with leak 10.2.1.1925....everything is a charm and all...but I have noticed a weird thing:

usually for bbm channels, new posts are made known by a star next to the bbm channel pic (indicating a new post)...and so, u open it and find ur new posts that u didnt read since ur last visit to that channel!

nowadays, its not the case at all...I need to open each bbm channel and I find all new posts pushed imnediately (unlike before, automatically) with the popup message (a new post was added)...which in most cases, appear to be posts made somewhere between a few moments to a few hours ago!!!

I wonder if this has to do with the leak I have on board?

Posted via CB10
    OK. So it isn't just me. I was running the leak and was getting the notification alerts no problem. Until a few days ago when I wiped my Z and installed the OS ota.

It is driving me nuts as I have no idea if there is anything new until I open the channel.

Jason

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:45 PM
    I have the same problem.
    On the first beta, it showed the spark when you swiped right to see all the options. The spark would be on the channels button.
    Then on the next release, that went away, but once in the channels screen, each channel showed a spark if there were new posts.
    No more after the latest update.
    I have to go into each channel now to see if there is an added post.
    I hope they fix it. I liked it the way it was in the original beta.
    02-07-14 09:14 PM
    It like channels, but this is really bad for the overall user experience. Hope BlackBerry guys are reading this post and schedule a fix.
    02-08-14 12:19 PM
    thanks for the reply!

the spark appears for some channels not all...the pushed posts delay is for all...spark or not...

this is really weird...I wonder where did I go wrong?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, i have the same setup and the same problem that started after the last BBM unpdate. My solution has been to press and hold on each channel and make it a favorite. Once this is done you will seen new posts in the lastest activity and once read, the new post indicator in Latest Activity goes away.

Mike
    02-08-14 03:49 PM