I've been seriously thinking about the BB10 OS and the smooth and efficient run. I know it's now the toast of many BBRY lovers and other non-BBRY users that have seen a friend or colleague use it.

IMHO, I believe other OSes will be hearing towards borrowing an idea or two from the BB10 functions.

I think the Swipe Gestures would be a total selling point as well as the Hub feature.

Which other features do you think other OS users are willing to see run in their phones but are too shy / unrepentant to admit?

 BlackBerry  ZedThir30 STA 100-2 (OS 10.3.1.2243)
    02-16-15 03:45 PM
    I've been seriously thinking about the BB10 OS and the smooth and efficient run. I know it's now the toast of many BBRY lovers and other non-BBRY users that have seen a friend or colleague use it.

IMHO, I believe other OSes will be hearing towards borrowing an idea or two from the BB10 functions.

I think the Swipe Gestures would be a total selling point as well as the Hub feature.

Which other features do you think other OS users are willing to see run in their phones but are too shy / unrepentant to admit?
    The thing is, BB10 borrows a lot from Palm's webOS and Nokia's Swipe, which came out of MeeGo. Google and Apple snatched up a bunch of those developers, so who's borrowing what?
    02-16-15 03:59 PM
    Without a doubt, hands down, The Hub! It's absolutely brilliant!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 04:34 PM
    Does BlackBerry have a patent of sorts on the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:33 PM
    Messaging and Emails on Nokia's Swipe N9...

Notifications...

Incoming Call, Swipe Up to Answer...

Longer Overview...

02-16-15 10:01 PM
    If iphone had a hub and proper email service I'd be gone so fast lol. Maybe... I like my privacy here with BlackBerry
    02-16-15 11:16 PM
    My thoughts is the HUB will be copied...
    This is a big feature for me.

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    02-17-15 02:33 PM
    Does BlackBerry have a patent of sorts on the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    I would imagine they do. And if *anyone* tries to copy it, go after them to the ends of the earth as they're doing with Typo(?) right now. You know Apple and Samsung would!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:53 AM
    Everything about the vkb. The swipe down for symbols and numbers, the swipe left to delete, and the flicking for words.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:54 AM
    Everything about the vkb. The swipe down for symbols and numbers, the swipe left to delete, and the flicking for words.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't go after copying anything Physical or Virtual Keyboard wise, given BlackBerry's and Typo's most recent dealings.

If I were any other company, I wouldn't touch the KB aspect with a 10' pole! Unless of course you're looking to get sued.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    02-19-15 06:47 AM
    I think sub tile changes that are very similar to BB10, like swiping from the bottom instead of the top to display the settings tray in iOS is more of what you'll see.

They can't fully copy BB10 as in positive BlackBerry has patents on all their key functionally i.e. the hub l, peak and flow, BlackBerry Balance, etc.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    02-19-15 06:55 AM
    I think sub tile changes that are very similar to BB10, like swiping from the bottom instead of the top to display the settings tray in iOS is more of what you'll see.

They can't fully copy BB10 as I'm positive BlackBerry has patents on all their key functionally i.e. the hub l, peak and flow, BlackBerry Balance, etc.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    02-19-15 06:56 AM
    crapples OS is not capable of rich OS UI. If they were smart they should have bought webOS and tried to implement Synergy or something. That is like the hub here. Really , the Hub is a better version of Synergy, so one might think that it was ripped off from webOS. No one else can pull it off then or now because apple and andriod OS sucks. Thats just pure speculation though ....hahhahahahah
    02-19-15 07:01 AM