Hey folks, I just picked up my Z30 a couple of days back after upgrading from a 9700 and I absolutely love it. Question I have for you is, can someone clarify the whole unlocked Android Runtime that is on the forums of this site. I want to install it to get some apps loaded on to the Z30, but do not want install a leaked OS. Can someone tell me what files I would need to install just the unlocked runtime and how I would go about doing it? I know there is a forum for this but just hoping to get some clarification from someone with preferably a Z30 whose done it.

Thanks in advance.

**Being directed to the correct forum thread would be helpful too.
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 11-10-13 at 03:21 PM.
    11-10-13 02:50 PM
    You don't have to do a leaked OS, but it will take a little behind the scenes fiddling.

First download the Sachesi tool ( http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/ ), since it's very helpful for sideloading and locating individual system files.

Then, visit this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...5-leak-858556/

This has the download for the two .bar files you'll need to update the Android runtime on your Z30 along with instructions for installing them. It's very similar to the sideload procedure you'll be using to add Android apps anyway.
    tufcustomer and mu57afa like this.
    11-10-13 04:43 PM
    Like he said no need to load any leaks as your Z30 already have the latest OS. If you just wanna unlock the runtime then sideload one of the two unlocked runtime 127.0.0.595 bar files.
    Personally I prefer the chrome extension method.

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    11-10-13 05:14 PM
    Thanks guys. I've done side loading with my PlayBook so of its similar it shouldn't be too much of a headache. Only question that remains is. Can this ruin my device, as in loading the new runtime?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:21 PM
    I'm not an expert but I used the chrome method. It's easier and almost use one step.

No need to do any runtime loading.

Now on Z30
    11-11-13 12:35 AM
    +1 for the Google Chrome method. It's extremely easy to do..

Posted with my Z30
    11-11-13 12:40 AM
    Interesting, what's the success rate using the chrome method? Do many of the apps work?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:44 AM
    I'm no expert by far as stated but.... from my limited experience, I find Google Chrome method works on all android apps I have loaded. The caveat is I do loaded only the apps identified as those known to be working.

Not sure what the site is but it's a sticky here on this site under 'sideloading' forum.

Now on Z30
    11-11-13 11:32 AM
    Interesting, what's the success rate using the chrome method? Do many of the apps work?

Posted via CB10
    Chrome method worked for me and is very easy. I got all the downloads from bb10bars.net. So far everything listed on that site works.

I'm using .1791 and the unlocked android runtime (which I also installed using the Chrome method). The runtime with the "back" bar at the bottom....doesn't really bother me having it there and since everything works.

The only app that didn't work for me (actually now that I think about it) is inSSIDer which is a WIFI scanner. Probably tries to bang the hardware pretty hard so no wonder it didn't work.
    11-11-13 11:57 AM
    Chrome method worked for me and is very easy. I got all the downloads from bb10bars.net. So far everything listed on that site works.

I'm using .1791 and the unlocked android runtime (which I also installed using the Chrome method). The runtime with the "back" bar at the bottom....doesn't really bother me having it there and since everything works.

The only app that didn't work for me (actually now that I think about it) is inSSIDer which is a WIFI scanner. Probably tries to bang the hardware pretty hard so no wonder it didn't work.
    Okay so for example if I wanted to run say temple run 2, would I need the runtime or would simply side loading be sufficient?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:46 PM
    I believe you'll need the unlocked runtime to play temple run flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 04:34 PM
    Has anyone gotten Life360 to work? I downloaded the bar file and it just crashes. Also tried Netflix and it appears to work buy when playing a movie the screen is black and only hear the audio.

Posted via Z30
    11-12-13 07:30 PM
    I believe you'll need the unlocked runtime to play temple run flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    Okay will use the information posted in the thread and give it a go. Thanks folks.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 06:53 AM
    One final question, what's the difference in the 595 runtime offered on goodereader?
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 11-18-13 at 09:06 AM.
    11-16-13 04:25 PM