Hey guys I got a used z30/Rogers from kijiji the guy told me its unlocked but it turned out it wasn't. First I tried sim-unlock.net they told me they couldn't find it in their databse then QuickPhoneUnlock.com that failed too. Im from Toronto swung by pacific mall one guy said it might be a dev version the other said its not because it doesn't have any makings on it and told me I would get a code almost directly from RIM (sort of middle man contacts rim for code) I was supposed to get a text in 3-6 hours. I called rogers after not receiving the text to see if they would unlock my phone. All they gave me is their company policy bs and told me that they cant unlock it because its not registered under my name and only the owner that has an account with them has to unlock it. After pleading with them about the real world and what you learn in school and telling them that no i cannot contact the owner of the phone to do it for me and obviously they are my last resort that's why im calling but to no avail, even refused check to see if its stolen. I going to head back to get a refund just don't know where to really go from here I don't remember the last time I had THIS much difficulty unlocking a phone.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated im trying to use this phone on wind its the STA100-5
    02-27-14 01:45 AM
    Then you should probably contact WIND. You can check the IMEI of your current device here Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | Protect Your Data. Protect Yourself. to see if it has been reported as lost/stolen.

Depending on how you paid, you could try to fight the sale (via bank / cc / etc) or try to contact the kijiji seller and get him to contact Rogers, though I suspect the phone may be stolen or dead (non payment of associated bill) in which case, you may have gotten burnt.

Finally, WIND runs off UMTS Band IV (1700 / 2100 (AWS)) and the STA100-5 supports that, as well as GSM 850/ 900 for roaming purposes. So the phone should be compatible.
    02-27-14 09:47 AM
    Then you should probably contact WIND. You can check the IMEI of your current device here Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | Protect Your Data. Protect Yourself. to see if it has been reported as lost/stolen.

Depending on how you paid, you could try to fight the sale (via bank / cc / etc) or try to contact the kijiji seller and get him to contact Rogers, though I suspect the phone may be stolen or dead (non payment of associated bill) in which case, you may have gotten burnt.

Finally, WIND runs off UMTS Band IV (1700 / 2100 (AWS)) and the STA100-5 supports that, as well as GSM 850/ 900 for roaming purposes. So the phone should be compatible.
    rogers z30 isn't sta100-5
    02-27-14 03:32 PM
    According to both crackberry and Rogers spec site, it certainly is.
    02-27-14 03:39 PM
    thnaks for the replies guys!.. ive got a update i spoke with rogers again this time with someone decent enough to explain things to me. First of all the phone hasnt been blacklisted or stolen. My other option of unlocking the phone is to sign up for 3 months and then i could unlock it through rogers (which i really really dont want to do). I spoke with 3 stores in pacific mall that tried to unlock it and they all tell me the imei is not in their database so they cant generate an unlock code and they said if they cant find it rogest sure as hell wouldnt. They pretty much told me its a DEV or internal phone which is not because it doesnt have any dev markings on it and rogers told me internal phones still get registred in the imei database. What do you guys think how can this phones imei not be found?:S
    02-28-14 02:04 PM
    sign for 3 months .
    03-01-14 05:13 AM
    I had that issue happen with a Q10. What happened was that it was given away in a charity event and never registered properly so even Telus didn't have the phone. They told me the same, it's not stolen. Finally sent in a picture of the box and it got added to the database and then I unlocked it.

Perhaps you can post it on Kijiji and see if anyone is willing to trade?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 05:58 AM
    Cellularunlock.net never failed me with z30 unlocking. Give them a try and you'll be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:46 AM
    rogers z30 isn't sta100-5
    Yes it is. I have one. Need proof?
    03-01-14 10:51 AM
    No offense but the irony of the OP's name and their situation is too much.
    03-01-14 10:53 AM