Hi All, new to here and, admittedly, totally ignorant of many things IT, though thought I could handle this one on my own.
    Have a Z30 with tons of pics on it and want to transfer to my PC. Downloaded Blackberry Link for this purpose and things seemed to go well enough. Upper left in Link shows 'Connected' but then lower left in Link indicates 'Connection Error' and tells me "There was a problem accessing the drive(s) on this device. Disconnect and reconnect your device, and try again.'
    I've now done so a number of times and continue to get the same msg.
    Any advice? Please? Have pics of deceased loved ones I really need to get to.
    Cheers!
    08-21-18 03:53 PM
    Are you using Windows 10? If so, might just be easier to find a computer (friends/family) that's not on Windows 10 and use that. Windows 10 and BlackBerry Link do not play nicely.
    08-21-18 05:40 PM
    If you just want to copy or live your photos, I would simply connect to your PC with a USB and use File Explorer on the PC to select and move/copy from your phone to the computer.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-21-18 05:45 PM
    Sometimes PC does not see the phone via USB...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-18 05:41 AM
    Dont need link really, uninstall everybit of BB10 desktop software, use a good cable and keep usb connection in settings open.

Plug the phone into your PC wait for a message on the phone or pc screen.

Going to show a BB logo like disk image. Copy it into your downloads just to have another and install the driver only.

I dont have much of a prob getting it to work, might be graphics issue or something driver related. GL

Posted via CB10
    08-26-18 02:25 AM
    I just reset my phone with BlackBerry Link on Windows 10 Professional and it worked Beautifully... I had to wait until BB10 was finished before it could download driver for my memory card and install driver successfully...

Phone tried to install driver several times unsuccessfully before BB10 was done and I thought I would have to format card, but my patience rewarded me and nothing on card was lost ... WAIT until BB10 is done rebooting and then install driver for SD card...

Wishing you succeed in recovering your treasures

Posted via CB10
    09-01-18 10:53 PM
    Hi All, new to here and, admittedly, totally ignorant of many things IT, though thought I could handle this one on my own.
    Have a Z30 with tons of pics on it and want to transfer to my PC. Downloaded Blackberry Link for this purpose and things seemed to go well enough. Upper left in Link shows 'Connected' but then lower left in Link indicates 'Connection Error' and tells me "There was a problem accessing the drive(s) on this device. Disconnect and reconnect your device, and try again.'
    I've now done so a number of times and continue to get the same msg.
    Any advice? Please? Have pics of deceased loved ones I really need to get to.
    Cheers!
    use windows 7 for running it

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-11-18 02:08 AM