Ok guys the Z30 ,the big productive curvaceous beauty is ready to hit the floors soon and i am not impressed by the marketing activities so far done by BB.How about a TV advertisment which will directly compare the IP5S and S4.Here is the case

Plot is a train journey where 3 guys commuting.Nowadays if you travel in Singaporeand Malaysia trains you will only see people looking at their smartfond and they sometimes forget to get down at their stops.One a teenager who is busy playing games in his new ip and other a middle aged person who is browsing in his s4.In the middle here comes the professionally dressed (prosumer) who is playing with his z30.All of the 3 are getting notifications,emails,chats etc in the middle of what they are doing in their phones.Now the advertisement should focus on how the z30 guy effortlessly in few swipes checking emails,replying to actionable notifications,post a pic in fb,share the pic in whatsapp,browsing etc etc all the amazing things that z30 can do so fast.This scenes should be shown in contrast to what his fellow commuters also do by swiping from top,hard double tap the key and all the other complex way of multitasking in comparison to z30.

The objective of this ad is not to market the 1.7 gz processor and BBM etc which is the same old stereotyped ads from BB,but to make people aware how the z30 works and by seeing this ad non bb users should atleast should get a feeling to just try and play around with z30 in diplay stores.

Hoping to see a meaninful advertisement which will show what BB device can do......

all the best
    09-29-13 05:40 AM
    In the current state of BlackBerry I wouldn't expect much as the are pending a sale of the company. I think this is unfortunate but it is what it is

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 05:42 AM
    In the current state of BlackBerry I wouldn't expect much as the are pending a sale of the company. I think this is unfortunate but it is what it is

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, even in the old state of the company I wouldn't have expected much...

BlackBerry has always missed the boat when it came to advertising.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:19 AM
    My take is that Blackberry execs have never internalized the view that their products are items for consumers and that has become a self fulfilling prophecy. The co-CEOs always viewed their company as a research operation IMO. What I don't really understand is why are they rolling out yet a new model after publicly announcing they would no longer pursue the consumer market.

With Apple selling 9 million new phones in 3 days and Blackberry sell 3 million in 90 days, it is hard to see where they can go from here. For most people Blackberry is no longer relevant. I have read where the US Army is working with Samsung to get a secure version on Android. To hold the secure service business in the back office, Blackberry is going to have to hustle - something they not known for doing. However, I have noticed a lot more activity on the OS and with new Apps since the board meeting after which the VP Sales was fired. Some hope there. Maybe in due course, as the mobile computing market evolves and the power of QNX with security becomes more important, they will see a return to relevancy. Technical superiority does not always mean market share however. Witness the Sony Beta Video Tape system which was technically superior but which lost out to the VHS - largely due to the superior marketing by what was then RCA.
    09-29-13 10:42 AM