Yesterday I decided to try the Blend to pair my Z30 with my office laptop. I own a small engineering company with 9 engineers on staff. We all connected by LAN to the office network and also have wireless network. So, I played with Blend for few minutes and then left my room. I was walking around the office when one of my guys asked me if I had a BlackBerry. Yes, I said, why are you asking? He said he had all contents of my phone displayed on the screen of his laptop. I went to look and it was true. Everything was there. I immediately disconnected the Blend. I always trusted my most secure in the world phone but now I am questioning this. Blend is clearly supposed to link and exchange files only between the paired devices. How is this terrible lapse of security could possibly happen? Anybody has an idea? Thanks.

 Posted by BlackBerry Z30 
    06-27-15 02:23 PM
    Shooting in the dark here but are all your networked PCS set up to share everything?
    Again I'm guessing but maybe Blend sees the network as an extension of your laptop. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come in with an answer
    Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:28 PM
    Shooting in the dark here but are all your networked PCS set up to share everything?
    Again I'm guessing but maybe Blend sees the network as an extension of your laptop. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come in with an answer
    Posted via CB10
    All our computers connected to the server but not to each other. I hope I am right.

06-27-15 02:41 PM
    This sounds quite Bizzare. We need more details, like "exactly" what was displayed on the other persons screen. If Blend is installed on only your laptop, what do you have installed that would show your screen on his?
    06-27-15 02:52 PM
    This sounds quite Bizzare. We need more details, like "exactly" what was displayed on the other persons screen. If Blend is installed on only your laptop, what do you have installed that would show your screen on his?
    I saw 3 folders: pictures, files and music. I didn't dig deeper and stopped it right away.

06-27-15 03:40 PM
    For Blend to connect to your phone, it must have been paired, and you must have ticked 'stay connected'..

So my guess is that your phone at some point must have been paired to that laptop, and you have allowed it to stay connected.

But you can also control this from your phone

From Device Connection settings, you can remove any computer you dont want to connect, and you can also from the Blend setting disable it.

If none of these things has been done, I suspect your colleague has found some way to make fun of you..

Perhaps he has connected to Your office desktop, and simply showing what was on Your computer screen?

Blend creates a secured connection between phone and computer, and other computers cannot simply get access...
    06-27-15 05:07 PM
    For Blend to connect to your phone, it must have been paired, and you must have ticked 'stay connected'..

So my guess is that your phone at some point must have been paired to that laptop, and you have allowed it to stay connected.

But you can also control this from your phone

From Device Connection settings, you can remove any computer you dont want to connect, and you can also from the Blend setting disable it.

If none of these things has been done, I suspect your colleague has found some way to make fun of you..

Perhaps he has connected to Your office desktop, and simply showing what was on Your computer screen?

Blend creates a secured connection between phone and computer, and other computers cannot simply get access...
    I am sure that my newly hired engineer would not decide to make fun of his boss. You cannot pair devices without confirmation from both devices. This is still a mystery and I hope someone has an explanation.

Last edited by TTQ225; 06-27-15 at 05:48 PM.
    06-27-15 05:18 PM
    I saw 3 folders: pictures, files and music. I didn't dig deeper and stopped it right away.

Those folders are shared with the network and your blackberry is set to sync with them. Uncheck sharing in the folder settings or stop syncing your phone to the computer. You can turn that off in link. Unfortunately Link is set to sync from the get go so you have to shut it off or change the folder location.....
    I'll bet this same thing is happening to quite a few people that don't realize it's even happening.....
    I stumbled onto it with my "smart" tv.... the folders showed... I was thinking whaaaaaaat? Anybody on my network can see all of that..... Every time I reload Link I forget to shut sync off and they always end up in the same location....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 06-28-15 at 10:15 AM.
    06-27-15 05:51 PM
    OP, your other computers are connected via your server, and you would have to have file sharing enabled on all computers for your laptop to show up on theirs. I use Blend at work and I can assure you no one else has access to the connection between my BB and my computer, BUT, if I have file sharing on, it's possible.

The problem is between your computer and server.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:33 AM
    Thank you, Rotorwrench and Stomps01 for sharing your knowledge. I will follow up on your ideas tomorrow morning.

06-28-15 12:18 PM