07-23-13 12:32 PM
27 12
tools
    I afraid BB's upcoming A10 will end up like Playbook. I wonder why anybody (except for die-hard CB/BB fans) would consider this A10 over Samsung Galaxy Note2 or 3. When it comes to big device, screen quality is very imp. Samsung's super amoled in Galaxy line is eye-popping. I see nothing spectacular in A10....not to mention lack of Apps. It's just a Z10 in bigger screen.
    Samsung Galaxy Note is undisputed King in this category so is iPad in tablet market.
    KOOLWATER likes this.
    07-18-13 09:53 PM
    I afraid BB's upcoming A10 will end up like Playbook. I wonder why anybody (except for die-hard CB/BB fans) would consider this A10 over Samsung Galaxy Note2 or 3. When it comes to big device, screen quality is very imp. Samsung's super amoled in Galaxy line is eye-popping. I see nothing spectacular in A10....not to mention lack of Apps. It's just a Z10 in bigger screen.
    Samsung Galaxy Note is undisputed King in this category so is iPad in tablet market.
    Unless they come out with new features, it will be just a larger screen.
    07-18-13 09:56 PM
    Isn't the note basically a g3 or g4 with a larger screen?

Posted via CB10
    KOOLWATER, 3_M4N and BB-04 like this.
    07-18-13 10:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    +10
    mastermike87 likes this.
    07-18-13 10:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    And a popular OS.
    07-18-13 10:22 PM
    Yeah, I'm sure the screen for the Galaxy line is very good. But you haven't seen the A10's screen?
    sammyross likes this.
    07-18-13 10:45 PM
    The only reason to buy a A10 is because you want BB10 OS and a 5 inch screen. If I am indifferent to BB10 there is no reason to buy a A10. If I like BB10 better than Jelly Bean I do not think I would buy an Android regardless of some features of the hardware. It is all about the OS... if you love it there is only one place to get it.
    07-18-13 11:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:55 PM
    With the A10, BlackBerry will try to jump into the Flagship market, not the phablet market. Both the GS4 and the Xperia Z have 5" displays, yet they are not considered phablets; that's what the GN/GM series (Samsung) and Xperia Z Ultra (Sony) are for.

And a popular OS.
    and a wacom digitzer with pressure sensitive pen and palm rejection
    07-19-13 12:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wait for it its got a PEN.But thats what bigger phones are they do put in some stuff inside that dont really change how you open facbook since its reliant on data but yeah your right.
    07-22-13 05:08 PM
    With the A10, BlackBerry will try to jump into the Flagship market, not the phablet market. Both the GS4 and the Xperia Z have 5" displays, yet they are not considered phablets; that's what the GN/GM series (Samsung) and Xperia Z Ultra (Sony) are for.

and a wacom digitzer with pressure sensitive pen and palm rejection

...and multi-window which, while hardly useful on a S3 screen, makes more sense in a phablet.
    07-22-13 05:11 PM
    why do you people insists on callign the 5" A10 a phablet, its nowhere close to this its just a SGS4 sized phone

god dammit this site is turning into a ******* joke. useful information is no longer present, its over run with stupid babble and fighting from fanboys and haters.
    SHUT THE FRONT DOOR
    07-22-13 05:51 PM
    why do you people insists on callign the 5" A10 a phablet, its nowhere close to this its just a SGS4 sized phone

god dammit this site is turning into a ******* joke. useful information is no longer present, its over run with stupid babble and fighting from fanboys and haters.
    SHUT THE FRONT DOOR
    I believe all five inch (or more) devices are called phablets.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    07-22-13 05:59 PM

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR
    WOW Iol

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using CB forums app
    07-22-13 07:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Heeeeey low blow. lol

07-22-13 07:27 PM
    With the A10, BlackBerry will try to jump into the Flagship market
    The Flagship market? OK, you can stop talking now.....
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-22-13 07:36 PM
    I afraid BB's upcoming A10 will end up like Playbook. I wonder why anybody (except for die-hard CB/BB fans) would consider this A10 over Samsung Galaxy Note2 or 3.
    While I'm glad that you're concerned about the welfare of the A10, I think you may be concerned about some of the wrong reasons. First of all, what to you mean by "end up like the PlayBook"? The PlayBook's situation is that it's not going to get any major OS upgrades because BlackBerry determined it doesn't have enough ram to run BB10. The A10 not only has more than adequate ram, it'll be running BB10.2 out of the box... so not sure where you're leading to with that. As for your concern about whether people outside the BlackBerry loyalist circles will purchase the phone, pretty sure that's the same concern the world had with the release of the Z10 and the Q10. So many reviewers would say that "non BlackBerry" folks would have no reason to jump platforms to BB10. All it takes is a quick perusal through the forums to see that there are several people who were more than happy to switch to this brand new platform, and have been more than happy with the phones they've purchased. I'm not saying that there aren't others who weren't happy, just pointing out that there are in fact many who switched to BB10 from other platforms. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't wouldn't hold true for the A10 as well. Remember, there were (and still are) doubters out there from two years ago or so that would have thought it would be impossible for BlackBerry to not only develop a new mobile computing platform from the ground up, but actually release more than one new device in a year. I can tell you're just trying to be a realist (and not a Kool aid drinking optimist like me) but I think that you've put too much emphasis on a few observations you've made and not fully taken in the larger picture here. BB10 is here to stay. 10.2 is going to be mind blowing. And while the A10 isn't the phone for me, I'm not worried at all that there won't be people who will adopt the new phone because of the mobile computing experience that they can't get on iOS, Android, Windows, or any other platform out there. Oh ye, of little faith...

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    07-22-13 11:45 PM
    From BGR:

NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III SPECS EMERGE
    By: Zach Epstein | Jul 22, 2013, 4:50 PM

"While some specs for Samsungs upcoming Galaxy Note III smartphone have been confirmed on the vendors own website, the upcoming new flagship phablet is still a mystery for the most part. Samsungs site says the Note III will feature a*full HD 1,080 x 1,920-pixel display and an ARM11 processor, and earlier rumors have laid out a variety of other specs including*3GB of RAM, a 13-megapixel camera, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and improved S Pen support. Now, a new report from*Dutch site*Sim Only Radar*claims the phone-tablet hybrid will also feature a dedicated camera button, a xenon flash and two processor options either a new*Exynos 5 Octa chipset or a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor possibly depending on region. The report also claims the Galaxy Note III will feature a 5.7-inch display; earlier rumors have been mixed, bouncing back and forth between a 6-inch panel and a 5.7-inch screen."

This is the Note that that A10 will compete against. What say you?

07-23-13 12:13 AM
    ^^^ In that case, the A10 is competing against the S4 and iPhone 5S and the likes.

Not phablet. S4 is 5 inches also. iPhone is Apple's baby.

And that's how it goes.
    07-23-13 12:29 AM
    If a customer walked in a store looking for a 5inch phone, l think the CSR would Show them ALL 5inch phones. These two, The Note3 and the A10, will likely be released in the Same quarter putting them in direct competition for the same customer. l just hope BlackBerry has something up their sleeves or its gonna be ugly.

07-23-13 12:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just like the A10 is basically a Z10 with a larger screen.

Except it doesn't have a pen.
    07-23-13 01:01 AM
    Just like the A10 is basically a Z10 with a larger screen.

Except it doesn't have a pen.
    You must not have read the OP's post. He was asking why anyone would buy the A10 vs the Note if it's just a Z10 with a larger screen.

But other than a pen and one or two other features, the Note is basically a GS4 with a larger screen so you can't count the A10 out for that one reason.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    07-23-13 01:10 AM
    I believe all five inch (or more) devices are called phablets.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    No they are not lol. 5" is not phablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 03:20 AM
    Both have own value in the market, Blackberry A10 and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 are slightly differ to each other e.g. A10 is 20% more compact than Note 2, note2 has 10% bigger screen, 5% high resolution front camera in A10, Note2 has 11% more powerful battery and galaxy note 2 has more processing power and processing speed than A10.
    07-23-13 06:40 AM
    07-23-13 08:15 AM
27 12