I received my Z30 yesterday and it seems to me that the battery is draining pretty quickly.

I had a full charge at 9:50 pm and this morning at 6:00 am I was at 82%. Now I'm at 75% and it's only 7 am.

I'm currently on wifi, not using data.

With barely using the phone, being on WiFi, at this current battery rate the phone will last another 12-13 hours.

I'm a heavy user and thus why I upgraded to the Z30. But I would suspect the battery is only going to last me less than 8 hrs when I actually start using it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

From this morning.

Battery Question-img_20140819_065938.png
    Battery Question-img_20140819_065949.png
    Battery Question-img_20140818_221006.png

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:09 AM
    You're only on 10.2.1.2977? Try updating using sachesi or use an autoloader (search the forums for instructions). 10.2.1.3xxx os's and 10.2.2.xxxx are far superior in terms of battery life. This may fix your problem

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:11 AM
    Did you update your OS recently?
    08-19-14 09:12 AM
    You're only on 10.2.1.2977? Try updating using sachesi or use an autoloader (search the forums for instructions). 10.2.1.3xxx os's and 10.2.2.xxxx are far superior in terms of battery life. This may fix your problem

Posted via CB10
    I just received the phone yesterday... I hooked it up to BB link and it did not have any updates avail. OTA won't show any either as T-Mobile doesn't carrier the phone.

Ok... I'll search to see what I can find.
    08-19-14 10:01 AM
    Did you update your OS recently?
    Nothing was showing for updates when I used BB Link and OTA won't show anything because I'm on T-Mobile.
    08-19-14 10:01 AM
    I downloaded Sachesi but I can't use it as I am a Mac and not windows.
    08-19-14 10:14 AM
    I downloaded Sachesi but I can't use it as I am a Mac and not windows.
    I thought there was a mac client too. But even if not, use that program that let's you run windows apps and then try sachesi

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:36 AM
    If you just got the phone yesterday, wait a couple days. The phone is indexing and will drain the Battery. This normally takes 24 - 48 hours. Then you should see dramatic improvement.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-19-14 10:39 AM
    Thanks... I'll give it a couple of days. Worse case I'll just deal with it for a few day as I am heading back up to Van this weekend so I'll use my Rogers Sim to see if I can get any updates that way.
    08-19-14 10:45 AM
    I thought there was a mac client too. But even if not, use that program that let's you run windows apps and then try sachesi

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I have zero idea how to do any of that. Couldn't even figure out how to side load apps on my Z10.
    08-19-14 10:47 AM
    Honestly I have zero idea how to do any of that. Couldn't even figure out how to side load apps on my Z10.
    Sideloading is very simple is you use the chrome extension.
    Steps:
    Download chrome if you don't have it yet
    Go to the chrome store and search "bb10" . It'll be the first result
    Press in it and press install to chrome
    Go into settings-history-extensions (it'll be in the left hand side)
    Go to "options" on the extension
    Now it'll ask for your ip of your phone. If you want to connect through wifi, go to (on your phone) settings-about-network and copy down the ipv4 address under wifi into the box on chrome.
    If you want to connect through USB cable, go to settings-privacy/security-development mode and copy down the ip address from there into the chrome box (you can change this ip to whatever you want
    Now turn on development mode and remember the password.
    Back in chrome, click save after you put one of those addresses. Now click on that ip. It'll redirect you to a page where it asks for your device password. Put in your password and press connect.
    Next there'll be a security popup, just click connect
    Done now you just select the file and it'll install this is for sideloading.

Unfortunately I don't have a mac yet (waiting for the new mac books along with Yosemite os) but I believe there are some guides if you search the crackberry forums

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and ngtungle like this.
    08-19-14 11:01 AM
    Here is a second path to the Android world. 3 clicks and your done.

How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com

c
    08-19-14 01:29 PM
    Here is a second path to the Android world. 3 clicks and your done.

How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com

c
    He might wanna try sideloading snap as its easier on the battery and offers a LOT more apps. I posted a mini quick guide that should help

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-19-14 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the info! I kind of had the feeling that the app count @ Amazon would not encompass the whole android world app spectrum, but I did not realize there would/may be a battery drain issue?

I tried the sideload route on my Praybooks, with mixed success. I know, apples to brussell sprouts. I just found the amazon way a bit easier and for the apps I wanted/needed for my Z30.

c
    08-19-14 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the info! I kind of had the feeling that the app count @ Amazon would not encompass the whole android world app spectrum, but I did not realize there would/may be a battery drain issue?

I tried the sideload route on my Praybooks, with mixed success. I know, apples to brussell sprouts. I just found the amazon way a bit easier and for the apps I wanted/needed for my Z30.

c
    Amazon app store has one of the smallest number of apps EVER!! But they have the big name apps. And if you download "Task Manager" from BlackBerry World, then you'll see that the amazon app store continues to run in the background even after it was "closed".

That's why I'm really hoping BlackBerry makes a native version of Amazon App Store or even adds it as a section in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-19-14 02:44 PM
    If your Z30 continues to drain battery while idle, first check for hardware issues below before going with the machinations of leaks/radios etc.

While idle, the Z30 should have a flat line of usage.

Check that you have a strong signal where you leave your phone at night our turn on airplane mode.

If you leave apps active overnight, they might be using data or GPS (for ads). Close them or turn off the respective hardware.

Looking at your device monitor, there are two drops at the start and end. These are probably about 10-15 percent and I am pretty sure they come from when you were using the phone.

The Z30 AMOLED has one Achilles heel which is any screen that doesn't have a decent percentage of black pixels will result in a disproportionate drop in battery life.

The Z30 battery will still provide a competitive 5 hours or so of screen time, but I believe that a non-AMOLED screen would almost double it for white backgrounds such as websites.

Turn your brightness down to minimum and try it out for a while then increase it a little if you "need" it. You'll find it might cause less eye strain. Brightness is often too high and I believe the Z30 makes automatic adjustments if it can.

When the screen is active, start counting down 5 hours then go back to the standard idle countdown. The Z30 has excellent battery life even with this. Other phones also have about 5-6 hours of screen time but aren't so frugal while idle or CPU intensive.

I try to recharge my Z30 for about 10-20 percent if I have the screen continuously on for an hour and this enables me to leave heavy charging for night time.
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 08-19-14 at 07:49 PM.
    08-19-14 05:37 PM
    Thanks for all the advice... I'll let you know how I progress.
    08-20-14 09:52 AM
    Give it a few days to settle in with the updates, etc. Mine did the same and it is fine now.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 10:06 AM
    It takes a couple of days for your phone to configure itself, meaning downloading messages, contacts, etc. It should normalize after a couple of days.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:22 AM
    Day 2 with my phone and battery has definitely improved. At the rate it's draining (moderate use) it will easily last 24 hours.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:44 PM
    So the amazon app store app drains the battery? I wonder if that's why my battery life changed. I didn't pay exact attention to it, but I was getting almost 3 days, then it dropped suddenly to about 1.5 days of life, around that same time I loaded the amazon app store app...
    could this be the reason? If so, I'm going to delete it, then reload it just to get an app if I need it and re-delete.
    08-21-14 12:52 PM
    Ok the battery is doing much better... heavy use I am getting between 12-14 hours which is awesome. Moderate use easily can go a full day or longer.

Thanks again for all the advice.
    DOCTOREVIL8, RafiqK and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    08-21-14 04:54 PM
    A long full day without recharging is the norm for me. And I consider myself a heavy user. Texts, email, iHeartradio for several hours, Web browsing and assorted apps.

Best phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 05:20 PM
    Battery life is amazing. It's now almost 11 pm. Phone has been off the charger since 5:45 am. Battery life at 55%.

I'm impressed. And very happy with my new Z30.
    Battery Question-img_20140826_225131.png

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:53 AM
    I took the phone off charger at 630am turned on wifi and listened to Internet radio, then another 60min of music during am commute. I have email, social media, and apps push all day long. Then off work at around 715pm and my phone is still at 80% charge.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    09-01-14 09:55 AM
29 12