Hi all.
    My first real issue with my Z30.. but its a big one. lol
    Normally my battery lasts way over a day.. its brilliant. Yesterday it was lasting fine until about 5pm.. At 5pm there was at least 65% left in my battery, Myself and the family went off to Alton towers to see the fireworks, I got two BBM messages from my mate.. answered them.. Got home around 9pm and noticed the phone had a red battery logo on the top line..

I plugged in the phone and left it over night. Got up this morning and the phone will not switch on.

When I try to switch the phone on, a red led shows, then the blackberry logo, then is shows a red battery smybol with a flash through it, followed by plug symbol with a line through it. There is a tri colour led plusing. Eventually the phone reboots back to the red led and the process starts again.

I've tried different chargers, each with the same effect.

I've tried to do a soft reset by holding volume up and down, nothing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
    Is the battery dead?
    Is there any other way for me to reset it?
    If I have to return the phone, what about about all my sensitive data, passwords and email accounts etc?

thanks
    11-10-13 03:08 AM
    Holly crap! Not fun to say the least!

Posted with My Z30 via CB10
    11-10-13 03:21 AM
    Hi all.
    My first real issue with my Z30.. but its a big one. lol
    Normally my battery lasts way over a day.. its brilliant. Yesterday it was lasting fine until about 5pm.. At 5pm there was at least 65% left in my battery, Myself and the family went off to Alton towers to see the fireworks, I got two BBM messages from my mate.. answered them.. Got home around 9pm and noticed the phone had a red battery logo on the top line..

I plugged in the phone and left it over night. Got up this morning and the phone will not switch on.

When I try to switch the phone on, a red led shows, then the blackberry logo, then is shows a red battery smybol with a flash through it, followed by plug symbol with a line through it. There is a tri colour led plusing. Eventually the phone reboots back to the red led and the process starts again.

I've tried different chargers, each with the same effect.

I've tried to do a soft reset by holding volume up and down, nothing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
    Is the battery dead?
    Is there any other way for me to reset it?
    If I have to return the phone, what about about all my sensitive data, passwords and email accounts etc?

thanks
    Try to plug it to you pc and then launch BlackBerry Link. See if it gets recognized...you may be able to reload the BB 10 os, but you may/will lose all data. If it works, leave it plugged to the pc after it boots and charge till min. 15% then plug to charger and see it charges after. 10-15 mins to see if the charger is really defective or not.

I used this method to revive my PlayBook once with BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Hope this helps!

If not, let us know what was the right solution.

Good luck!

Cheers!

11-10-13 03:22 AM
    Try to plug it to you pc and then launch BlackBerry Link. See if it gets recognized...you may be able to reload the BB 10 os, but you may/will lose all data. If it works, leave it plugged to the pc after it boots and charge till min. 15% then plug to charger and see it charges after. 10-15 mins to see if the charger is really defective or not.

I used this method to revive my PlayBook once with BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Hope this helps!

If not, let us know what was the right solution.

Good luck!

Cheers!

OK.. no responce from BB link, can't see the phone.. It looks like it's dead.
    Not a great start to my return to Blackberry..
    11-10-13 03:37 AM
    Defective unit. Return it and get a new one

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-10-13 03:53 AM
    Try a stack charge plug in remove a few times or a different usb cable an if still not working for you I'd replace the faulty unit.
    11-10-13 03:56 AM
    Try a stack charge plug in remove a few times or a different usb cable an if still not working for you I'd replace the faulty unit.
    Should have said.. I have tried different cables and chargers already.. no joy.
    11-10-13 04:08 AM
    OK swapped out to a new Z30.. so back up and running..

Have to say I'm a little disappointed with the restore backup feature from BB. It's forgot all my passwords, settings etc. So I'm having to spend the next few hours settng my phone back to where it was.
    11-10-13 09:44 AM
    Wonder if you tried removing sim card during these problems? I found this was a way of forcing a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:58 AM
    Wonder if you tried removing sim card during these problems? I found this was a way of forcing a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    Yes tried that also.. nothing seemed to kick it into life.. just sat there in a loop trying to boot but failing.
    11-10-13 10:04 AM

Have to say I'm a little disappointed with the restore backup feature from BB. It's forgot all my passwords, settings etc. So I'm having to spend the next few hours settng my phone back to where it was.
    The passwords are a security measure I think. But your settings if you did back up and restore them shouldve been restored

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 10:56 AM
    The passwords are a security measure I think. But your settings if you did back up and restore them shouldve been restored

Posted via CB10
    Nope they weren't.. finally (only 3 hours) back to normal.. phew..
    11-10-13 11:36 AM

This is normal to have to put in the passwords. It's part of BlackBerry security measures. This prevents anyone else to restore your backup to their or any other phone and have access to all your info.

I rather have to spend 30 mins and have my info secured and locked down, no?

Cheers!

TrueKulcha, uktivo and Banco like this.
    11-10-13 12:30 PM
    Ok. Second brand new, replacement from Sunday has now died as well. Won't reboot.. but I think I've found out what is causing it.
    I have the z30 in the flip case and I've noticed on this one that the power key can sometimes stick in. This means the phone closes down and because the button is depressed it goes into a loop. Draining the battery and basically looks like the phone has locked out. It's a terrible design from BlackBerry as sometimes the button is fine, sometimes not.
    I will have to remove the cover and go naked.
    Or maybe try another phone. Anybody else had any issues?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    11-12-13 05:47 PM
    Sorry double post.

11-12-13 05:48 PM
    I Have had the flip case for a few weeks now, got it may 4 or 5 days after the Z30 release day in Canada.
    I have looked over the flip case , i see no way that the flip case can cause the power button to stick.
    Besides the flip case I have instantly sleeps my z30,
    Although if using the gps for example the audible notifications work just fine with the flip closed.
    Does concern me with the battery dead issue and not booting the phone when dead.
    I have experienced , with other pre 10 bb , where the only fix was to remove the battery , plug the phone in with the sim removed , wait for the the no battery symbol and then re-install the battery.
    Obviously this can not be done with the Z30,
    has there been other issues with a dead battery battery on a BB10 device not booting after a completely drained battery has killed the phone ?
    11-12-13 06:10 PM
    Hmmm very interesting experience. I had the case you describe for a couple weeks. Never had any of the problems that you had. I'm not sure I understand how the power button got depressed by the case. Not saying I don't believe you I just can't visualize how the case hit the power button and how it was different than being naked.

In any case (no pun intended), like yourself didn't enjoy the flip case so I returned it. I liked the professional look but felt it didn't protect the phone as much as I like.

I hope you get things sorted because the z30 is a great phone once you find a setup you like

Posted via my Z30
    11-12-13 08:34 PM
    I have had the same problem with the leather flip case. I removed it and took an exacto-knife and trimmed the power button recess to give a bit more room

Posted from CB10 with my Z30
    uktivo likes this.
    11-12-13 09:32 PM
    Basically the fit around the button is too close that sometimes when the button is depressed it becomes an interference fit, basically holding the button down and not releasing it. For example. I'm looking at the button right now whilst the phone is in the case and the left hand side of the button is lower than the right. I know if I pressed this button right now it would stick. But it's such a tight fit, I can't just wiggle the button to loosen the left hand side.. if I do that, the phone reboots. The only option I have is to remove the flip case and put bit back on. It cures the issue until the button decides to stick again.

11-13-13 12:52 AM
    Not had this issue. Power button depresses normally and flip case fits very well. 1-2 days on single charge.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 12:59 AM
    Must be your flip case.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 01:00 AM
    This is an interesting topic and a problem for z30.
    11-13-13 01:03 AM
    100% a flip case fit issue. I've just removed the case and I can press and release the power button all day long with no issues. Put the case back on and it plays up immediately, sometimes bringing up the. 321 countdown on the screen, other times just reboots the phone. Then the phone goes into the loop Draining the battery. If I remove the case when it's in this loop, the next time it enters the loop the phone boots normally.
    Problem solved i think. Unfortunately the case is over the 14 days return period so I will have to return it as faulty and await the testing they carry out to confirm this. I will put together a brief video showing the problem and post it here later just so anyone with the same issue can relate to it.

11-13-13 01:24 AM
    My Z30 died last weekend. I tried multiple chargers, autoloading, BB link wouldn't recognize the phone . Black screen of death and the red light will only stay on for a few seconds. I have a bookstyle case so the power button at the top isn't covered. Looks like DOA. Frustrating becasue I am leaving on a business trip :-(
    06-06-14 09:38 AM