Hi all

I got a bigger memory card for my phone and want to put it in. However I am having issues getting the battery door off. How do you get this thing off, is there a special trick that I am missing?

Thanks

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    03-31-14 09:27 AM
    Hi all

I got a bigger memory card for my phone and want to put it in. However I am having issues getting the battery door off. How do you get this thing off, is there a special trick that I am missing?

Thanks

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    #1 Make sure you either have a good fingernail or a small plastic type pry tool/guitar pick.
    #2 Starting at the small slot on the bottom edge of the Z30, it about a 1 cm wide slot between the rear cover and the silver trim, gentle pry in that slot until you get a small gap started on one side of the slot. You only need to insert your nail/tool in less than a millimeter. Don't force it in deeper.
    #3 Move your nail/tool into that gap and slide it around the edge of the Z30 until you reach the side buttons or HDMI plug, then do the same of the other side of the bottom slot. As you move it around you will feel and hear the small clips popping loose.
    #4 Once you have the bottom half of the cover gap'ed off the Z30, the whole cover should pop off with very little force.
    #5 Never use anything harder than a fingernail or plastic tool/pick to do this job, as it can scratch/damage the surfaces.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 03-31-14 at 10:25 AM.
    03-31-14 09:43 AM
    #1 Make sure you either have a good fingernail or a small plastic type pry tool/guitar pick.
    #2 Starting at the small slot on the bottom edge of the Z30, it about a 1 cm wide slot between the rear cover and the silver trim, gentle pry in that slot until you get a small gap started on one side of the slot. You only need to insert your nail/tool in less than a millimeter. Don't force it in deeper.
    #3 Move your nail/tool into that gap and slide it around the edge of the Z30 until you reach the side buttons or HDMI plug, then do the same of the other side of the bottom slot. As you move it around you will feel and hear the small clips popping loose.
    #4 Once you have the bottom half of the cover gap'ed off the Z30, the hole cover should pop off with very little force.
    #5 Never use anything harder than a fingernail or plastic tool/pick to do this job, as it can scratch/damage the surfaces.
    Thanks it worked like a charm.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-31-14 10:12 AM