I'm getting my used Z30 all set up. I was a Z30 user years ago before switching to a Passport.

So far, I'm loving this device. I'm using a SIM card adapter. Just don't put one in your phone empty (without the SIM). It will destroy the pins by snagging them.

I look at it, the Z30 excels at entertainment related stuff. The screen is just dazzling to look at. I do not care about the resolution. The OLED and the accurate colors are tantalizing and I love looking at it. I even love looking at written words on the page.

My speakers sound better than the Passport but don't go loud enough. I hope it's not an issue with my used Z30. Also, the screen does not go very bright compared to the Passport.

I will admit that for productivity, the Passport is better. Mainly this is due to the extra screen real estate. I'm finding the flick up keyboard on the Z30 might be even better than a PKB. Yes, John Chen, the slab BB10 phones were pretty darn good.

Since I'm carrying around an Android device for certain apps (I have not done Conite thing), the Z30 fits better in the pocket. I just stack the two devices that are roughly the same size.

Glad to have this option to go back and forth. It's like having two girlfriends. Maybe not as good, but you get the idea.
    08-25-17 02:35 PM
    Well don't let you Passport and Z30 meet.....

Personally I love a slab too, Z30 is the best there is..... for BB10 users.
    08-25-17 03:15 PM
    Welcome back. The Z30 has been my daily driver since first release. Still have not found another device which meets my needs any better.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    08-25-17 03:17 PM
    Yeah, the Z30 is a peach. Just think if Chen had released a follow up how great it would have been. Maybe step up the processor to the Passport's and add a 1080 resolution (but keep the OLED). That would be an epic device.

I'm going to buy at least another while they are still around in the second-hand market.
    08-25-17 04:20 PM