Hi guys.

Guess you can say Im new to the berry world. Havent been had a blackberry since the old rollball pearl! I used to love that little thing. Now my main is a Samsung s10 plus, and when I hold the pearl,I feel as though i can crush it with my hands lol

So I need a second line for business and my mom had a brand new Z30 sitting around, so Im going to use it as my 2nd phone. Im from Toronto, so Im going with Public Mobile prepaid (heard the Z30 will work with them for prepaid, but I havent fully confirmed this as yet). I need this 2nd line strickly for talk, text and whatsapp!

I setup a new BB ID, and now I just need to get google play store and whatsapp on the phone. I see some threads say its possible, but they are older threads and Im not sure if anything has been updated where it is no longer possible, or maybe even easier to do now. So, if you can assist me with step by step instructions as to how I can get Google Play Store and whatsapp on my Z30, I would very greatly appreciate it. I dont need any other apps, just those.

Blackberry World is also giving an error message when trying to open. Not sure if there is a fix for this, or BB World is just now out of commission.

Thanks in advance.
    06-18-20 09:40 AM
    Hi guys.

Guess you can say Im new to the berry world. Havent been had a blackberry since the old rollball pearl! I used to love that little thing. Now my main is a Samsung s10 plus, and when I hold the pearl,I feel as though i can crush it with my hands lol

So I need a second line for business and my mom had a brand new Z30 sitting around, so Im going to use it as my 2nd phone. Im from Toronto, so Im going with Public Mobile prepaid (heard the Z30 will work with them for prepaid, but I havent fully confirmed this as yet). I need this 2nd line strickly for talk, text and whatsapp!

I setup a new BB ID, and now I just need to get google play store and whatsapp on the phone. I see some threads say its possible, but they are older threads and Im not sure if anything has been updated where it is no longer possible, or maybe even easier to do now. So, if you can assist me with step by step instructions as to how I can get Google Play Store and whatsapp on my Z30, I would very greatly appreciate it. I dont need any other apps, just those.

Blackberry World is also giving an error message when trying to open. Not sure if there is a fix for this, or BB World is just now out of commission.

Thanks in advance.
    Get WA from here: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

and visit https://crackberry.com/how-fix-black...-blackberry-10 for the BBW fix.
    sell-off likes this.
    06-18-20 02:57 PM
    Oh and you should make sure you are running the latest OS before you set everything up (if you haven't done so already). It is 10.3.3.3216 (software release 10.3.3.2137).
    sell-off likes this.
    06-18-20 03:00 PM
    Hi guys.

Thanks in advance.
    And Yalp is the Google Play Store client we currently use.

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/
    sell-off likes this.
    06-18-20 03:21 PM
    Yep Pubic Mobile will take a Z30 no problem here is the list of models supported

Learn about your phone's compatibility with our network:
    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nl/get-started

Z30

Sub-model: STA100-1
    3G
    850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE
    Band17-700MHz, Band5-850MHz, Band4-AWS, Band2-1900MHz

Sub-model: STA100-2
    3G
    850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE