Guys, I chatted with 2 different reps, via chat on vzw site..and they had no clue what I am talking abt?..what did you ask..when you talked to them?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:47 PM
    I started the convo by saying I've been reading about the "ineligible device offer" that is specific to each line that could give you a credit between 0-400$.

Stating the exact name of the offer pretty much told them I'm aware of what it was and they can't really talk their way around it.

That being said my rep told me it was in-store only and quickly ended the chat, the OP said he was able to do his via the phone, so maybe the online reps are the last ones to find things out.

I plan on going into a store within the next week and actually speak to a rep about it, interested on how they will sell me a phone with a $300 discount on a line that is "dedicated" to a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:03 PM
    Guys, I chatted with 2 different reps, via chat on vzw site..and they had no clue what I am talking abt?..what did you ask..when you talked to them?

Posted via CB10
    Ain't social media great? Retailers constantly playing catch up... trying to train their customer facing employees fast enough to keep up.

Chat support takes customer service to an even lower level, so I called. Got an energetic CSR. The conversation started about upgrading hardware on one of two lines. After working through the $549 price and potential $76 trade-in value for Z10, she brought up the ineligible device coupon term and amount and expanded on it from there. To answer your question, My call took place minutes prior to my post. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:10 PM
    Yes i am curious too, will visit my local store tomorrow and see if I am eligible for the discount. If not I'll just make a sad face and wait until my upgrade is due or until i can save up for it.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:21 PM
    Would I be correct this is for people who have an existing Verizon account already? I ordered online last week and naturally paid full price. But even had I called I had no account with them and no service from them since I'm with AT&T.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 06:23 PM
    Yeah, sense the discount is on a per line basis, you would need to have atleast one line.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    12-12-13 06:29 PM
    Yeah, sense the discount is on a per line basis, you would need to have atleast one line.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I feel better as my initial thought was that I ordered my Z30 a few days too early and missed this discount.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 06:41 PM
    Anyone get a time frame for this promotion? I.e. Is there an end-date?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 07:49 PM
    Anyone get a time frame for this promotion? I.e. Is there an end-date?

Posted via CB10
    I was told there is no expiration by Verizon CSR on "in eligible device coupon" as the value is determined by individual line.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    12-12-13 08:13 PM
    I was told there is no expiration by Verizon CSR on "in eligible device coupon" as the value is determined by individual line.

Posted via CB10
    So I'm guessing that it's the lifespan/line activity (like plan renewals, recent upgrades, etc.) that determine the amount of the coupon?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:49 PM
    So I'm guessing that it's the lifespan/line activity (like plan renewals, recent upgrades, etc.) that determine the amount of the coupon?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it does, I have 2 phones, a tablet, and a jetpack on my account. One phone has been on the line for about 5yrs, second just over 2yrs, the tablet just under 2yrs.

The tablet line was the only one with a coupon, and was for $300, I still don't understand how that would work if I tried to use it for a phone but who knows. The tablet line has never been changed or renewed sense I got it.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    12-12-13 08:54 PM
    Just had an online chat with a Verizon CSR regarding this ineligible device offer. She checked my line for me and said that I didn't have an ineligible device offer on my line. I asked her how the amount (or existence) of the offer was determined and she said it was based on how much time you have left on your contract. Might not be in tune with what some people have experienced but that's just what I was told.

Just FYI, my line was opened in March. Looks like I might have to visit eBay. I want a Z30 but I don't want to pay full retail.
    12-12-13 11:12 PM
    Oh no! I was hoping since I have been eligible for an upgrade for a year and a half, that the max amount coupon would be available to me. But, as usual, companies care more about new customers than those that have been loyal for over a decade. Blech!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-12-13 11:20 PM
    I just got my Z30 through an unlimited data loophole

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:30 PM
    I just got my Z30 through an unlimited data loophole

Posted via CB10
    Excellent. I found out how to make thousands and thousands of dollars using only my PC for just minutes per day.

Ha, no really. How did you do it?

12-12-13 11:46 PM
    thats weird. I just got my q10 about two months ago and decided I wanted to get the z30. I renewed my contract with the q10. So I was able to get the z30 for 300 dollars less with two months into my current contract. Like I said before I was willing to pay the 550 dollars for the z30. I couldnt believe I got this offer. So I dont think it matters where u are with your contract and how much time u have left since I just renewed recently

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 12:00 AM
    Excellent. I found out how to make thousands and thousands of dollars using only my PC for just minutes per day.

I don't know how I managed it, but I somehow got my Z10 back in March on a new 2-year contract and retained my unlimited data. My fiancee's line wasn't so lucky though when she upgraded...

thats weird. I just got my q10 about two months ago and decided I wanted to get the z30. I renewed my contract with the q10. So I was able to get the z30 for 300 dollars less with two months into my current contract. Like I said before I was willing to pay the 550 dollars for the z30. I couldnt believe I got this offer. So I dont think it matters where u are with your contract and how much time u have left since I just renewed recently

Posted via CB10
    I think what the other poster was saying is that the sooner you request this offer to your renewal date, the larger the coupon amount and/or likelihood that you'll have an offer to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 01:06 AM

http://gregloesch.com/980/verizon-un...at-transcript/

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...erizon-82.html

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and RideRed250 like this.
    12-13-13 01:55 AM
    So here's how the $300 deal works. Technically it should only be working for 3G customers. Verizon will give a $300 discount to upgrade from 3G to 4G. So to take advantage, downgrade to an old BB legacy model and call Verizon and ask about the program. They will gladly knock $300 off. Z30 is $549 and i just got phone, case, screen protectors for $305

Sent from my dusted off 9930 while waiting for my Z30 to get here!
    12-13-13 10:21 AM
    That explains a lot, though from other members' posts it seems that it may not be necessary to be on a 3G phone at the time. Interesting theory though.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 10:35 AM
    Hmmmm. Sounds promising. I'm still on my Torch 9850, which I think is a great phone. Might have to give those folks a call.

12-13-13 11:32 AM
46 12