10-04-13 12:05 AM
57 123
tools
    I'm guessing that you think that this would be the worst time for the largest Canadian carrier to drop the new Blackberry smartphone.
    10-03-13 01:43 PM
    Why would i want to support my own country anymore? Sorry, but my once beloved Canada has turned into a joke.
    Open border policy letting in anyone who wants to leech off the social services and collect welfare. Companies that sell out their own people just to get a quick buck. Canada arguably has the largest oil reserve in the world, yet we have pretty much sold off all our natural resources to the US and China and then buy it back for 10x the price. Our ON government now gives FREE OHIP (health care) to immigrants who don't even live in Canada!!!!!! We subsidize companies like Samsung to produce 'green' energy in windfarms and let them off the hook when they don't produce the amount of electricity they contractually oblogated to and we get stuck with ridiculous hydro rates because of it.

The list goes on. I used to be a proud Canadian, but i feel my 'home and native land' is nothing but a pathetic global joke for the entire planet to exploit.
    Last edited by d3r3k79; 10-03-13 at 02:55 PM.
    10-03-13 02:41 PM
    Attention Canadians: Now would be the best time......seriously....-img_00000137.jpgI have been for years.....prob have owned every one they've made since the 950.
    but what does a consumer get in return.....a swift kick in the a**, if you live in Waterloo you get higher property taxes thanks to RIM park, support them by sometimes getting the phone last when the company is in your own backyard(releasing phones stateside or UK before Canada, storm torch even z10)
    They've done it to themselves, sad but true. If they treated their customers better maybe they wouldn't be as bad off?
    Ive always supported Canadians, but sometimes enough is enough.....
    Hard to support ...
    Last edited by gitchies; 10-03-13 at 03:36 PM.
    solitude1984 likes this.
    10-03-13 03:18 PM
    I agree 100%. I've been pushing blackberry for years!! Every single person who has used my Z10 was extremely impressed and actually wants one but they are afraid of where BlackBerry is today and where it might be tomorrow. I tell them they will remain here and in business so just go get one!!

My Z10
    10-03-13 04:17 PM
    Economic isolationism is not the path to prosperity. I won't cite figures, but it's safe to say that the vast majority of BlackBerry's revenue comes from foreign BES and BIS fees. If EVERY Canadian smartphone owner switched to BB10, MAYBE we'd inject life back into the company, but that's a ridiculous thing to ask.

National pride was definitely a factor when I purchased the Z10. If anything, it was the fact that BlackBerry is an iconic Canadian company that I took great interest in the coverage leading up to the BlackBerry 10 launch. I cared enough to lean about the OS because BBRY is Canadian. I decided to take a chance on what appeared to be (and proved to be) an excellent operating system and device that meets my needs best. The Canadian identify is, in essence, a great marketing factor IN CANADA, but that's it... it's only marketing, only awareness. People need to have the device in their hands, decide that it works best for them, and take that leap of faith. It's a lot to ask, and, for the majority of smartphone buyers, it's too much.
    10-03-13 04:33 PM
    Buying the z30 as soon as it's out on Rogers...

Posted via CB10
    It's funny that you said that, cause Rogers won't be carrying the Z30 haha. What a fateful twist of fortune.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:24 PM
    The Canadian government can help by making their immigration policies and regulations "easy" for those foreigners who wants to immigrate in Canada - specifically those who are buying Canadian-made products...

Like me... :-)

Posted via Z10
    10-04-13 12:05 AM
57 123