Who is with me on this ?

Don't you think now would be the best time to start supporting our own economy with buying yourself a Blackberry of your choice ? Seriously....everyone laments and complains "Everything is sent to *****, and there is no work. Well, why do we keep kicking our own *sses ? I don't get it. If everyone would start buying, using, appreciating, developing on an existing version of a device, improving on it, selling newly improved ones, etc, etc....things would actually get better for everyone in Canada.

And I'm not just harping at the consumer.....

Blackberry:

START ASKING WE PEOPLE (YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER ) WHAT WE WANT IN A PHONE AND WHAT WE WANT IT TO DO AND HAVE. CATER TO US FOR ONCE, AND THE ECONOMY MIGHT JUST TAKE A TURN FOR THE BETTER.

Hell, if no one ( Company or consumer cares....what is the whole point of anything existing at all ???

Is temptation too much to deal with ? Firstly, security should be at the forefront of everyone's priorities these days. And they should realize this with buying a Blackberry.

This should be reason enough alone to tell any Canadian with half a brain, that their privacy really does matter.

The rest of the details in the device itself should be developed coming directly from the Canadian consumer's actual needs in a device, that will be used day to day. THEN IMPROVE FROM HERE ON.

Remember the saying....and it's an important one:

Out of a job yet ?

Keep buying foreign.

Think people.....and hard....before there is nothing left to Canada.
    09-27-13 08:14 PM
    I agree with the poster

It is important tons up port canada industry as much as possible whenever possible

If that means buying/demanding canada grown produce, buying Canadian built vehicles or drinking Canadian VQA wines. We all need to do our part to keep the money we spend in the family (canada)

If we continually choose to spend money on items that are built and or designed outside of our country, or money leaves the country and our country gets poorer

If we keep the money we spend in the country those businesses succeed and then spend more money on and in our country, they pay our government taxes and their employees pay taxes

That company does things for the community, and everyone wins

After a few years of this mentality, we see building more, innovating more, creating more good jobs and the economy thrives

But, the flip side is just that. We all lose. Eventually no one can afford any of the new cool things and we struggle to put expensive imported food on our plates to feed our families

It has happened in other parts of the world and we are no more secure if we don't support ourselves

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:40 PM
    Well I just bought a Q10 for this exact reason, and to update out of my 9360 but definitely Canadians should at least give BlackBerry a look.

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.1.0.4633
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-27-13 08:42 PM
    We all need a good kick in the *ss and start to really believe in ourselves and stop having people tell us we can't do anything. This is where the mentality should start. Start seeking up....start getting a real backbone, as they say.
    09-27-13 08:44 PM
    That's the problem...it's only a look...then to the almighty Iphone....

People need to believe in themselves, set aside any and all feelings for the iPhone and make due with BlackBerry as it is. Then improve it. But it has to come from both sides...not just us consumers...BlackBerry needs to listen too.
    Alphax45 likes this.
    09-27-13 08:47 PM
    I just put my z10 on top of the table and showed it to all of my co-workers. No covers or protective casings. Just naked... and they were all, " wooooohhh what phone is that? So beautiful and cool."

-what?... BlackBerry z10 is already 8 months old and they don't even know its on the market.

Then I showed to them how it works. (just the swipe gesture moving from one app/instance to another) and they love it.

Some of them are complaining about their iPhone 5 and ios7 updated phones. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:36 PM
    Seriously, I always see a bad outcome when people feel the need to buy products just to support the company or the country that company is based in. It doesn't make an ounce of sense why they aren't buying the product to fit their needs.

Worse is that this people often see themselves as the anchor of a company's survival when they go out of the way to buy a phone just because...

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    09-27-13 09:44 PM
    FINALLY someone who gets it..

Every single Canadian who scrutinizes blackberry should be ashamed

Posted via CB10
    TheTigerTek likes this.
    09-27-13 10:32 PM
    Would be a sad day if the Z30 is the last canadian smartphone I want a Z100!
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-27-13 11:36 PM
    Well I can't really argue that. It is the reason Americans have almost all the billionaires. They foster growth but also have immense pride in made in America. I've seen it. Used to sell Channel Lock tools. Made in America. Then they started manufacturing in China. That didn't stop people from believing it was a great American made product. I've said it once today. I don't support BlackBerry the company or BlackBerry the phone. I support BlackBerry the people. That includes a lot of Canadians. They made a great product and I won't go into all the reasons why we are where we are. I don't want BlackBerry to be #1. I want them to be a solid device choice for people who find value in what it is they offer. It isn't always about Canadian brands though as you can buy a Toyota or a Honda and still be supporting a company that employs Canadians.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    09-27-13 11:47 PM
    Did already. Love my Z10 and I push it and the other BlackBerry 10 phones all the time.

ZED-10 for the person on the move. OS 10.2.0.1725
    09-27-13 11:54 PM
    Maybe I'm the only one, but from my point of view it's always seemed like people have been more critical of Blackberry than anyone else. Like they forget what here before iphone and android. Always seemed like Google and Apple can do no wrong, but no matter how hard Blackberry tries it's all wrong.

I was at a trade show recently talking to a rather large manufacturer of all kinds of things. (I work in the alarm industry). I was asking why they didn't have a blackberry 10 app for their interactive services. And they flat out said "Well we're not sure what's going to happen with the company, so we didn't want to bring out an app. But we're coming out with a Windows Phone app!"

I've never seen anyone with a Windows Phone...

On the flip side, I've always felt phones are like music and cars. People will like what they like. Quite subjective. I hate when people try and tell my my music sucks, or I bought the wrong truck. So I don't do that. I'll show people my phone if they ask, but I won't push it on them. They tell me to get an iphone, I say I'm not really an app person. Blackberry does what I need.
    09-27-13 11:59 PM
    Scrutiny is fine. Bashing a company that has put so much into our economy without thinking critically is just ignorant.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 12:55 AM
    Where is blackberry made in again? And blackberry is listed, chances are that a large proportion of the owners aren't Canadian. I don't know what op is talking about here
    09-28-13 01:02 AM
    Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer: $7.7 million U.S. Dollar France
    Kristian tear, chief operating officer: $7.4 million U.S. Dollar Sweeden
    Brian Bidulka, chief financial officer: $6 million U.S. Dollar Canada
    Steven Zipperstein chief legal council: $9 million U.S. Dollar USA
    Thor Heins, CEO: $55+ million U.S. Dollar Germany

Ohhh, your savior, PW and bod, approve this bullcrap.

Not only are they disgustingly overpaid, most will run from Waterloo to Europe and never spend a penny or pay a tax in Canada.
    solitude1984, GG1, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    09-28-13 01:30 AM
    Already did my part and bought a z10 plus BlackBerry accessories and promoted the hell out if it.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    09-28-13 02:30 AM
    Private multinationals have no loyalty to any particular country, they exist purely to make money for their shareholders. They outsource, offshore and operate purely to enhance the balance sheet. Canada as such is just a convenient host. As we are about to discover loyalty to this kind of regime is sadly misplaced.
    solitude1984 and alan510 like this.
    09-28-13 02:35 AM
    I'm not a Canadian nor living there, but I mostly agree with OP. Nationalism matters. Long live BlackBerry, hold on there, and be prepared for a big comeback.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:43 AM
    Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer: $7.7 million U.S. Dollar France
    Kristian tear, chief operating officer: $7.4 million U.S. Dollar Sweeden
    Brian Bidulka, chief financial officer: $6 million U.S. Dollar Canada
    Steven Zipperstein chief legal council: $9 million U.S. Dollar USA
    Thor Heins, CEO: $55+ million U.S. Dollar Germany

Ohhh, your savior, PW and bod, approve this bullcrap.

Not only are they disgustingly overpaid, most will run from Waterloo to Europe and never spend a penny or pay a tax in Canada.
    Interesting. So all upper management and high profile characters within BlackBerry are born and bread outside of Canada? Except that Brian Bidulka guy I guess.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    09-28-13 03:06 AM
    Seriously, I always see a bad outcome when people feel the need to buy products just to support the company or the country that company is based in. It doesn't make an ounce of sense why they aren't buying the product to fit their needs.

Worse is that this people often see themselves as the anchor of a company's survival when they go out of the way to buy a phone just because...

Posted via CB10
    Really? Even most Americans buy iPhones because it's made by an American company. Canadians, on the other hand are busy admiring everything American and bashing Canadian products at every opportunity they get.
    09-28-13 03:08 AM
    Really? Even most Americans buy iPhones because it's made by an American company. Canadians, on the other hand are busy admiring everything American and bashing Canadian products at every opportunity they get.
    That's true , however people see the need to support just because. They feel like it is a dependent thing, and that to me feels weird.
    09-28-13 03:37 AM
    Well, look at it this way...why have a company in your own country, have people from that said country work there, then turn around and lose faith in the product they make there? I mean if people suddenly one day turn around and stop supporting Apple because there is nothing new or flashing out on the market, is this reason enough to say " oh screw this...this company is no good, they aren't innovating anymore, etc,etc."....... Seriously.

To the people who said there was no sense in supporting a company " just because"....why the hell do you even support the ones you do?

To follow the Jonses????

My guess this stems from Laziness, and a lack of pride and self esteem...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:06 AM
    Do you have even a shred of evidence about this?
    I guess I bought my Lumia because Nokia is American.
    My Toyota because they are American and my new Sansung Galaxy Tab 8 because they are American.

I bought what works for me. Now if you want all Canadians to buy BlackBerry, feel free to work on that. But don't blame the rest of the world.

You are very confused. Perhaps an identity crisis?
    solitude1984 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-28-13 08:09 AM
    I mean to say this:

Whatever companies you like and that are good nowadays came from humble beginnings. Every one of them. It takes brilliant people to make whatever the type of phone you have in your hand right now, regardless of the brand.

The problem is people are mainly brainwashed into thinking they need all the extra crap they now have in a phone.

What did you actually do before the internet was available to the public? You survived and managed right?

All opinions aside, but if the company BlackBerry is to exist, they just need to change the mentality...START LISTENING TO WE PEOPLE. WE WILL TELL YOU WHAT WE NEED AND WANT. YOU BUILD IT.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:14 AM
    And to the last poster before me....identity crisis? stop the idiotic comments towards me. If you don't like what's said, guess what? You don't have to be here or comment. I really wish people like you well. You will learn the hard way, I guess.

When there's no work left in Canada for your *ss, go work for Samsung.....don't worry...we won't miss you. one less naive fool we need not support. Sounds to me you'd do anything for your ego to stay out on top...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:19 AM
57 123