"Very confused"...yeah sure...ok....

Keep buying foreign dude. You'll soon be on the unemployment line...I'm confused alright...pack your bags dude...you soon be working overseas, if you keep up that type of mentality. great...go for it...one less person who doesn't have faith in his country's potential.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:24 AM
    I will buy the phone that meets my (not yours) needs and wants the most. If blackberry wants my hard earned money, all they have to do is to build that phone. As said previously, blackberry is a corporation, and they have close to 0 true loyalty to their home country, they slash thousands of Canadians jobs like all others, outsource like all others, etc.

In my experience, when such a corporation and it's fanboys have to resort to nationalistic arguments, it usually means that this corporation's products are subpar and not competitive otherwise.

Back in blackberry's prime, there was no need to resort to nationalist arguments to sell phones...
    solitude1984 likes this.
    09-28-13 08:32 AM
    Well, we've seen what the rest of the world has to offer on the smartphone front and BlackBerry is the best for me. However, as much as I really don't mind buying Canadian, I think it is time the British stepped into the arena. I for one would be really happy if Richard Branson bought BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    09-28-13 08:32 AM
    @EvansE2 - I don't live or work in Canada. I have great sympathy for the laid off workers at BlackBerry, but that's not my fault or problem.

Believe me, you aren't supporting me one bit. But thanks for the irrational and incorrect thought.

If you bothered to read the thread, I was responding to another poster that wrote "Even most Americans buy iPhones because it's made by an American company." Context is VERY important.

SMH
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-13 08:34 AM
    I for one would be really happy if Richard Branson bought BlackBerry.

VirginBerry
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-28-13 08:35 AM
    Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer: $7.7 million U.S. Dollar France
    Kristian tear, chief operating officer: $7.4 million U.S. Dollar Sweeden
    Brian Bidulka, chief financial officer: $6 million U.S. Dollar Canada
    Steven Zipperstein chief legal council: $9 million U.S. Dollar USA
    Thor Heins, CEO: $55+ million U.S. Dollar Germany

Ohhh, your savior, PW and bod, approve this bullcrap.

Not only are they disgustingly overpaid, most will run from Waterloo to Europe and never spend a penny or pay a tax in Canada.
    Lol. Looks like the starting lineup of the Toronto Raptors when Colangelo first got here. Majority Euros with no real North American talent. ** not saying Euros cannot run a company so please don't think I'm painting all Euros with the same brush.

I'm going to stick to my guns and say it here...nobody can run a business like an American.

BTW I'm Canadian
    09-28-13 08:42 AM
    An old saying " you don't know what you had until it's gone." .....is rather true.

Both BlackBerry and it's employees need to understand this. The company really does have a good product. The employees are rather fortunate in the living they make from BlackBerry's existence.

I think people are overwhelmed lately with all that is out there, and need to shift their attention a bit on more serious and mature ways of having / using mobile computing in their hands.

To any and all posters on here :

Is there really anything wrong with wanting to support BlackBerry or your company of choice? Do anyone of you really genuinely care if the company of your choice goes under? I'm sure you all care at least a bit.

People need to put their noses to the grindstone at BlackBerry and hear THE CONSUMER AND THEIR NEEDS / WANTS.

We all came this far, so there shouldn't be a problem moving forward.

Keep the arrogance, jealously and hatred at bay, and focus on YOUR future:

THE CONSUMER (YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER)

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    09-28-13 08:44 AM
    Seriously, I always see a bad outcome when people feel the need to buy products just to support the company or the country that company is based in. It doesn't make an ounce of sense why they aren't buying the product to fit their needs.

Worse is that this people often see themselves as the anchor of a company's survival when they go out of the way to buy a phone just because...

Posted via CB10
    I've been doing this for a decade. Canadian-made car, clothing, food, bicycle, tools (around $20k worth), work bag, etc. I was even able to find a made-in-Canada BlackBerry 9800 as my previous phone.

If I can't find something Canadian-made, I try to purchase a product designed by a Canadian company or where a Canadian company has secured exclusive distribution rights.

It has worked well for me, as I find that Canadian companies tend to be successful at producing locally only if the products are exceptionally well-made (like my Gray tools and Arkel bags) or fill a niche role (like my Bionx bicycle). Unfortunately, BlackBerry is stuck right in between those two roles, having a decent-but-not-outstanding product, yet not having carved out a niche to support low-volume/high-margin sales.

Of course, if a product simply does not fit my needs however I adapt them, then I will consider other products. I need high-powered flashlights for one of my jobs, and the only Canadian flashlight importer making anything of quality (that I know of) is Filzer. Their high-end flashlight is still only 200+ lumens, but I require 800+. I'm not going to blindly support them by taping four flashlights together with Maple Leaf duck tape. I went with a Fenix light at 850 lumens, but made sure I ordered from their main Canadian distributor.

If a BlackBerry simply does not fit your needs, then buy something that will. However, I do feel it is important to support local products, and since BlackBerry fulfills my needs, I will support them until the end - whenever that may be.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-28-13 08:44 AM
    True...the company isn't perfect.
    True...buy what meets YOUR needs (not mine)
    True...Blackberry needs improvements

Guess what people? Improve it then. Do it. Just listen to the people who buy your product.

I am not suggesting anything is sub par....is anything perfect to begin with? NO. NOTHING IS PERFECT....NOT EVEN YOU.

People, this is a forum for DISCUSSION, not trying to make yourself look smarter than you actually are.

I'm merely discussing what are my views / opinions of what is the current state with a company in trouble, their product, ways they could improve, etc.

If you're not here to discuss things as adults...please....

Stick to the topic, and elaborate on it. I am not here to take stabs at anyone or their preferences, and I'm not forcing you or taking you by the hand to make you buy something you don't want.

If you don't like this thread, leave.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:56 AM
    VirginBerry
    Exactly, I've already tweeted him lol. It's pocket money to him and he really understands how to market stuff. That's the kind of buyer we want.

09-28-13 08:58 AM
    What would we people like to see BlackBerry make or incorporate into their phones? It's nothing but the best time to list them in your posts below mine...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:01 AM
    One issue I'm having is when I go on a site like Kijiji, click on upload photos, it cannot.

Whether from the app or mobile version or what have you, it just doesn't work.

We need a phone from BlackBerry that has the same functionality as a desktop or laptop when browsing. Why can't the peripherals being used (Smartphone) be standardized across the board for functionality? If the term " mobile computing" is to be used here, why not try giving us the same level of functionality and usefulness as the stationary counterparts?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:11 AM
    To answer the poster who said nobody can run a business like an American...

Not even an American is perfect. No one is. Period.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:15 AM
    Instead of coming here to argue....try making some suggestions to the Company on how to improve their products.

It might just help. And you have no way of knowing how little a suggestion can help.

Feel free to list some below.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:20 AM
    Do what makes you feel better. This day in age its a global economy and most companies have facilities all over the world. You have to compete and have a product people want. Toyota is Japanese yet they employ many right here in there facilities here, same goes for many companies. In the USA that is. It's great to buy "whatever country you live in". I'm not saying BBRY or Canada makes crap but being from the USA I'm not buying some crap just because it's made here.
    09-28-13 09:33 AM
    Instead of coming here to argue....try making some suggestions to the Company on how to improve their products.

It might just help. And you have no way of knowing how little a suggestion can help.

Feel free to list some below.

Posted via CB10
    I think part of the problem was that they do listen to their faithful that tell them everything is fine and works great. I think they know what the consumer and business wants, all they have to do is see what's selling and working for others.
    09-28-13 09:35 AM
    Well, we've seen what the rest of the world has to offer on the smartphone front and BlackBerry is the best for me. However, as much as I really don't mind buying Canadian, I think it is time the British stepped into the arena. I for one would be really happy if Richard Branson bought BlackBerry.

he liked the phone so much he bought the company.
    anybody remember those Remington ads? he liked the shaver so much he bought the company.
    09-28-13 10:28 AM
    he liked the phone so much he bought the company.
    anybody remember those Remington ads? he liked the shaver so much he bought the company.
    What was his name? Victor Hyam, Kyam? I remember those ads. Showing my age lol. Did wonders for remington though. I'd never heard of them until then.

09-29-13 06:15 AM
    Does any Canadian realise there are very few if any truly Canadian companies? General Motors Canada will soon no longer exist because of GM going bankrupt back in 2008, Ford has closed up shop, and the list goes on. So as of now the amount of people unemployed will go up.

For help and advice @brandonlegere06
    09-29-13 09:35 AM
    FINALLY someone who gets it..

Every single Canadian who scrutinizes blackberry should be ashamed

Posted via CB10
    Sadly there are people right here in Waterloo with relatives working at BlackBerry that cannot stop bad mouthing the company just because they are so addicted to their fruit phones.

I have friends who jump all over me each time I say anything positive about BlackBerry. Those very same people are now worried that their own family members may be victims of the next round of job cuts.

I don't get that at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:40 AM
    I have friends who jump all over me each time I say anything positive about BlackBerry. Those very same people are now worried that their own family members may be victims of the next round of job cuts.

I don't get that at all.
    Me neither. It is very much like Canadian media. The Toronto Star published an article about the job losses and how it will effect all Canadians and that it will be bad for the economy and so on. Very Next day publish an article on how consumers should ditch their BlackBerry contracts and get something else. Hypocrites.
    09-30-13 09:04 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Buying the z30 as soon as it's out on Rogers...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:07 AM
    Canadian smartphone consumption is badly distorted by our awful three-year contracts. Hardware now seems to be on a one-year cycle. Even if I wanted to buy another Blackberry as a show of support -- and I'm not at all sure that's a good idea -- like most consumers I'm not interested in paying Bell Mobility a contract penalty to do so. My two year old Bold 9900 is adequate for now. I'm afraid Blackberry's hardware division is going to have to survive without my help for another 12 months.

Dave
    09-30-13 10:18 AM
    Canadian smartphone consumption is badly distorted by our awful three-year contracts. Hardware now seems to be on a one-year cycle. Even if I wanted to buy another Blackberry as a show of support -- and I'm not at all sure that's a good idea -- like most consumers I'm not interested in paying Bell Mobility a contract penalty to do so. My two year old Bold 9900 is adequate for now. I'm afraid Blackberry's hardware division is going to have to survive without my help for another 12 months.

Dave
    Just one more reason they should be using the latest hardware.
    09-30-13 10:22 AM
    Definitely upgrading to the Z30. BlackBerry. Best. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:51 PM
57 123