I'm looking for some advice on my next phone and stuck b/c the Z30 isn't available to me in the US.

Shortly after it came out I've been using an AT&T Bold 9900 paired with what is essentially my own BESx. I also use it bridged to a Playbook. The phone is beat up and needs to be replaced sooner than later. I've held off on a BB10 phone mainly b/c of the BESx, but also b/c the Playbook Bridge wasn't initially fully supported.

I'm off contract now, so if the z30 was in the States I would have one. But since it is not and I'm now slowly losing functionally on my 9900 and would like to get something new in the next couple of days.

If you were in my situation, what would you do and why?

A. Go with a Q10 and stick with it.
    B. Go with an iPhone 5s and stick with it.
    C. Wait for the z30 to come out.
    D. Go with a Q10 and hope the Z30 comes out before Att's 30-day refund period is up.
    E. Go with an iPhone 5s and hope the Z30 comes out before Att's 30-day refund period is up.
    F. Consider an Android.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

m Shane
    10-23-13 12:16 PM
    I'm looking for some advice on my next phone and stuck b/c the Z30 isn't available to me in the US.

Shortly after it came out I've been using an AT&T Bold 9900 paired with what is essentially my own BESx. I also use it bridged to a Playbook. The phone is beat up and needs to be replaced sooner than later. I've held off on a BB10 phone mainly b/c of the BESx, but also b/c the Playbook Bridge wasn't initially fully supported.

I'm off contract now, so if the z30 was in the States I would have one. But since it is not and I'm now slowly losing functionally on my 9900 and would like to get something new in the next couple of days.

If you were in my situation, what would you do and why?

A. Go with a Q10 and stick with it.
    B. Go with an iPhone 5s and stick with it.
    C. Wait for the z30 to come out.
    D. Go with a Q10 and hope the Z30 comes out before Att's 30-day refund period is up.
    E. Go with an iPhone 5s and hope the Z30 comes out before Att's 30-day refund period is up.
    F. Consider an Android.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

m Shane
    If you can wait for the Z30, wait for it. IMO, it's an enhanced Z10 just based on what I'm reading(I'm also on at&t). If not, I would consider getting a Z10, it is an awesome device and I plan on sticking with it- inspite of the Z30. Otherwise, the other two platforms will serve you well(I utilize all three platforms). Bottom line is use what works for you. Good Luck.
    mshane likes this.
    10-23-13 12:25 PM
    I would say if you can, wait it out and get the Z30 on contract. You said you're losing functionality with your 9900 though, any ideas on how long it will last?
    mshane likes this.
    10-23-13 12:28 PM
    I would say wait it out, if you really want a full-touch screen phone. But if you want the Q10, it is definitely worthy. I personally love it, and want the Z30 as a secondary phone. I recommend sticking to BlackBerry. The Z30 should be out by early November if not a little later. BBM is supposed to hype up its release a bit in the US.

Posted via CB10
    mshane likes this.
    10-23-13 12:28 PM
    I'd suggest that you should wait for the Z30!
    I'm using it now and fall in love with it!

Posted via CB10
    mshane likes this.
    10-23-13 12:42 PM
    Wait for the Z30 or find out what model will work on the AT&T network and order from a friendly face in Canada we have the STA100-5 variant up here available for $600 Canadian plus tax and shipping

The Z30 is a great phone

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    10-23-13 12:47 PM
    I would say if you can, wait it out and get the Z30 on contract. You said you're losing functionality with your 9900 though, any ideas on how long it will last?
    That's a good question. Who knows...the glass/screen is chipped and cracked, the space key is very sticky, and the track pad no longer works except to click...so at least it's training me for BB10. ;-)
    10-23-13 02:07 PM
    I went from the z10 to the Z30 and I can tell you that it's an amazing device. If you can wait, I would highly recommend it. I got 27 hours battery on this thing. Not to mention the many other amazing feature.

Posted via CB10
    mshane likes this.
    10-23-13 02:09 PM
    I went from the Bold 9930 to the Z10 in March & I'm so glad I did! As much as I thought I loved my Bold, I love, love, love my Z10! And I'm now considering buying a Z30 outright. I think BlackBerry OS, especially since 10.2, is untouchable.

My suggestions are:
    - (Good) If you want a physical keyboard, go with a Q10. Seems like more of a minor upgrade from 9900, at least hardware wise.
    - (Better) If you need the carrier subsidy, get a Z10. You will absolutely love the added screen real estate. And the keyboard is amazing. The browser in BB10 is the best (goes mainly unspoken) . If Z30 comes out within 30 days, uograde! But I'm not betting on much love anytime soon...
    - (Best) If you can afford it, get a Z30 unlocked off of eBay. It's the phone to have, based on what I've seen. Even larger screen than Z10, bigger battery, and roomier keyboard. It's awesome!!

Keith H. Posted using CB10.
    10-26-13 08:10 AM
    I've added the Z10 as an option since you're willing to go with the iPhone5. Z10 actually has a larger screen of the two...and much more awesomeness...:-)

Keith H. Posted using CB10.
    10-26-13 08:12 AM
    I was never satisfied with my Iphone. Ended up back on blackberry when I lost the iphone.

I'd wait for a Z30, it's a great phone, moving around the OS is so seamless once you get the hang of it. Battery life and fluidity of the OS really blow me away. To many people with iphones charging them twice a day these days, not to mention that the iphone just doesn't flow the same way using a BB10 device does. How many times did I open the wrong app on my iphone and have to press that stupid home button. I can't imagine ever going back.
    10-26-13 09:21 AM
    Quick Update. Went to AT&T last night and was able to get the Z10 for $1.05 and 2-yr contract. The rep was pretty confident they would EVENTUALLY get the Z30, but had no clue when. I couldn't wait to get a phone that actually worked in my hands. Thanks for everyone's input. It help a ton. BB10 is great!
    howards and ray689 like this.
    10-30-13 01:21 PM
    Quick Update. Went to AT&T last night and was able to get the Z10 for $1.05 and 2-yr contract. The rep was pretty confident they would EVENTUALLY get the Z30, but had no clue when. I couldn't wait to get a phone that actually worked in my hands. Thanks for everyone's input. It help a ton. BB10 is great!
    You'll love it! I came from a 9900 and getting used to typing on a virtual keyboard was something that I was concerned about. But it was not difficult at all as the Z10 keyboard is incredible. The fluidness of BB10 will blow you away. Enjoy!!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 02:53 PM
    If you like having a keyboard, q10 is the best and has a great one.

If you are willing to pay the cost and hassle, you could buy a z30, as I think bb is now selling them unlocked online.

Z10 you can get for $0 on contract which is a great deal if you can live without the keyboard.

As for the 5s, I tried the demo version a bit and I have to say it's really fast, but I think bb10 has a better ui

Out of the choices you mentioned I'd recommend getting the q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:47 PM