There are people outside RIM that had the z10 on US carriers in December.

Posted via CB10
    That would've been amazing to have seen! The Z10 has been one of the most anticipated electronics devices i have ever had to wait for!

Reminds me of when I was a kid counting down every day until I got my Nintendo 64! Lol

Posted via CB10
    JR A likes this.
    06-02-13 01:06 PM
    This design looks like the Q5 so the picture in the link might be a Z5 (the low end touchscreen)
    06-02-13 02:21 PM
    Ok... this means I'm going to wait for another years.... aristo is big like s4 which i don't like because i have small hard hands.

I already have the z10 but I'm still expecting that there is a new z series to be released next few years which is built very solid and with faster processor.

Posted via (CB)
    06-02-13 02:37 PM
    I asked him about the playbook update, Astro and the possibility of a new tablet.

He said that there is not a new tablet being tested.

He said that BlackBerry has a BB10 version ready to be deployed but that the executives are unsure if they should go ahead with it eventhough, in his words: "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it".
    Sounds fishy - why would the executives
    1) allow expensive development to go ahead on something they might not want to release
    2) hold back on an update that will add value to the product and boost not only sales of the PlayBook but also inprove developer interest in the platform?
    3) tick off customers by telling them BB10 will come to the PlayBook in order to boost sales then not make good on that?
    06-02-13 02:42 PM
    1) allow expensive development to go ahead on something they might not want to release
    2) hold back on an update that will add value to the product and boost not only sales of the PlayBook but also inprove developer interest in the platform?
    3) tick off customers by telling them BB10 will come to the PlayBook in order to boost sales then not make good on that?
    I think they will make good but maybe they are holding back because it's not up to the standard they want yet. Just a guess though.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:47 PM
    There's no way a BlackBerry employee would be carrying a prototype for one thing.
    For another, they wouldn't mention BB10 for the PB - as it's slated to "be coming in 2013", it's coming.
    And finally, those guys sign 20 page NDA's.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    They have to use it as a daily driver to bug test the thing. You can bug test in the lab, but you need real world experience. The iPhone story that is well known is a great example. A handful bunch of guys are running around with these cloaked phones (in skins or cases) all the time. It is up to them to be careful with it and some are more so than others. But the Aristo is long rumored. And Blackberry has said it coming out six devices this year. One would assume that one of those would be a phablet.

By the way, I bet 2 GB memory is fine. iPhone 5 is still at 1 GB and it has no trouble at all running any mobile apps. Now iPhone doesn't do much in the way of multitasking. But with good programing the current crop of phone apps should run fine on 2GB. And should continue to do so for years. This isn't Android which needs to be overclocked and overpowered just to do the simplest tasks smoothly.
    06-02-13 02:52 PM
    It probably doesn't run great on PB and they are afraid of tarnishing the BB10 brand. I suspect they want folks first experience with BB10 to be better than what the PB can deliver. Like if you are using your Z10, they want you to show that to a friend and say, "Here this is the new BB10 OS." But handing over the upgraded PB which is still going to run substantially slower than a current iPad (which folks are familiar with), might make it seem like BB10 is inferior to iOS and Android.
    06-02-13 02:55 PM
    I'm moving to Waterloo haha

Posted via CB10
    Just to see a BlackBerry device...
    06-02-13 02:59 PM
    Just to see a BlackBerry device...
    It was a joke.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:03 PM
    Not doing 4 gigs will be a HUGE mistake. Didn't ask him about the CPU?
    Dev devices have 1/2 the ram.
    People asking about 4GB of RAM: is this even possible (or advisable) on BB10 considering that (in my understanding) it is a 32bit OS?

I know it 'can' be done, but maybe the changes needed in the OS to allow indexing of the extra RAM aren't warrented at this time (and they will stick to 2GB until they go to a 64bit processor)?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    It's a windows limitations the 4g thing, other os can go much further.
    They have to use it as a daily driver to bug test the thing. You can bug test in the lab, but you need real world experience.
    iPhone 5 is still at 1 GB and it has no trouble at all running any mobile apps.
    This isn't Android which needs to be overclocked and overpowered just to do the simplest tasks smoothly.
    I certainly wouldn't bugs in my lab, trying to kill a fly at my house.
    I think things that grow on trees, should remain at the super-market.
    It's the robot olympics.
    06-02-13 03:35 PM
    It probably doesn't run great on PB and they are afraid of tarnishing the BB10 brand. I suspect they want folks first experience with BB10 to be better than what the PB can deliver. Like if you are using your Z10, they want you to show that to a friend and say, "Here this is the new BB10 OS." But handing over the upgraded PB which is still going to run substantially slower than a current iPad (which folks are familiar with), might make it seem like BB10 is inferior to iOS and Android.
    Do you know what I'd like to be able to do? Pull out my Q10 and Playbook and show my friends how well they integrate. At the moment it would be a case of pulling out my Q10 and Playbook, putting my Q10 aside, pulling out my 9900 and showing how well that 'old tech' integrates.
    06-02-13 03:35 PM
    I can. Just like I can on a 1080P monitor vs a 720P monitor. And I am not talking about individual pixels. But rather the amount of content that fits the page and the usable real estate.
    you won't notices a differnce here either, the UIs of our phones are build around the pixel density for an ease of use reason. lets take what you are saying in consideration with browsing, if you can fit more browers on the screen you will need to zoom more to read, and there will be no way to browse easily because hitting links and such will be near impossible.

this is not likely to happen as most manufactures are goign to hinder their usability for high pixel density.

this is not a Windows PC geared around multiple screen resolutions and monitor types, you are nto able to change the resolution on a mobile device, it is what it is, the same as a Mac PC
    06-02-13 03:40 PM

this is not a Windows PC geared around multiple screen resolutions and monitor types, you are nto able to change the resolution on a mobile device, it is what it is, the same as a Mac PC
    i can change the resolution of my iMac.
    IMO 1080 should be the resolution. I had the HTC one and the screen is awesome.
    06-02-13 04:58 PM
    I mentioned earlier in this thread that it's possible that since the device craiggger (op) saw was a dev with 2 gb of ram, that the final device to be released could have 4gb of ram. Just like the dev alpha has 1 gb and the z10 has 2 gb. I don't know much about this stuff and maybe it doesn't need 4gb and very well might just have 2gb when released. I just wanted to point out how they did it with the dev alpha and z10.

I also think that maybe they are hesitating releasing bb10 for the playbook, not because of sales tactics or anything like that but rather because it's possible that bb10 OS doesn't run as good as the want it. This is just a thought. I have no doubt that it will be released at some point year but perhaps there is still some tweaking that needs to be done.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    peter9477 and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-02-13 05:30 PM
    06-02-13 06:18 PM
    It makes sense for dev devices to be underpowered. If the A10 can run acceptably well with 2 GB of RAM, imagine how much better it will run with 4 GB.
    06-02-13 06:26 PM
    i can change the resolution of my iMac.
    IMO 1080 should be the resolution. I had the HTC one and the screen is awesome.
    my bad about the iMac then

but i'm sure the HTC ones screen didn't look good simply because the resolution i'm sure the difference goes down to the contrast and color more then actual screen resolution
    06-02-13 06:32 PM
    This is the Dev Alpha B
    06-02-13 06:34 PM
    Do you know what I'd like to be able to do? Pull out my Q10 and Playbook and show my friends how well they integrate. At the moment it would be a case of pulling out my Q10 and Playbook, putting my Q10 aside, pulling out my 9900 and showing how well that 'old tech' integrates.
    Since not many people who own a Nexus or Ipad and feel the need to integrate their phone with their tablet I really do not think they would be too impressed. They might be really impressed by Blackberry balance where you show how you can integrate personal and business use on one phone.
    06-02-13 06:36 PM
    This is the Dev Alpha B
    Confused. Rapid berry have misled?
    06-02-13 06:43 PM
    It was a joke.

Posted via CB10
    I was yankin' yer chain as well lol sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way
    06-02-13 06:44 PM
    I was yankin' yer chain as well lol sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way
    Haha my bad. Sometimes hard to pick up sarcasm on here.
    06-02-13 06:46 PM
    I have am iPad an I don't see the need to see it integrate with my phone ...but hey you never know.

Yay aristo news! The A10 sounds awesome.
    06-02-13 06:48 PM
    I have checked that link posted and the image has been removed. Too bad, was looking forward to seeing the pic.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-02-13 07:13 PM
    OP is telling the truth - I've seen one in Waterloo. Wider screen Oled display - it's a beauty.
    Haha. Amazing how many BlackBerry employees aren't careful with confidential IP in Waterloo, eh?
    06-02-13 08:10 PM
404 ... 34567 ...