I'm thinking of moving to Waterloo and play golf with BBRY top dogs and make them spill the beans all over for the CB nation.... may be. OP this is interesting, if I don't have my Z in my hand right now I would have asked A10 or whatever it might be to be released ASAP . But then again my Z is enough to feed my berry addiction, for now.

Posted Via Z10/Channel C0007CC97
    nappp likes this.
    06-07-13 11:45 PM
    Maybe it's just the Z5???

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 02:37 AM
    I don't know why everyone talking about no removable battery is even entertaining that ... I think who first mentioned it was confusing this with the Q5... where did anyone read or hear about a non removable battery anyway?? The Q5 is the low end device so it somewhat makes sense but definitely not for their flag ship device... can't wait to see the real A10

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 02:43 AM
    you saw release phone, be saw dev model?

Posted via my Zed (not Zee) 10
    06-08-13 03:42 AM
    I don't know why everyone talking about no removable battery is even entertaining that ... I think who first mentioned it was confusing this with the Q5... where did anyone read or hear about a non removable battery anyway?? The Q5 is the low end device so it somewhat makes sense but definitely not for their flag ship device... can't wait to see the real A10

Posted via CB10
    It will have a non removable battery because of increased flexibility of design mostly. Can make battery any shape you want when battery is non removable, also allows for thinner battery, and cheaper cost of manufacture. A10 will have a non-removable battery

Posted via my Zed (not Zee) 10
    06-08-13 03:44 AM
    The original aristo specs stated non-removable battery too, so it is not without any basis. As far as it not making any sense, that simply isn't true, the sealed battery allows you to increase the size of the battery or reduce the thickness of the device by about 1-1.5mm compared with a device with a removable battery and with both of those criteria being important in a new all-touch model it makes sense that such a move will be considered for more than just the q5.

One thing to also bear in mind, BB will have exact stats of just how many people are buying spare batteries for the z10 so they are going to know whether that market actually cares that much about them or not. Personally, I am very happy to have the option of carrying a spare battery when I need to, but do not assume that is true for everyone.
    06-08-13 04:07 AM
    i wonder what they will call it..

It has to be Z of course! but Z what? hmmmm...
    I believe it's Z for last letter= last chance
    Or Z for zorro if successful
    Or for Zulu
    But then it could be because of the swiping movement you're doing on you Z 10

Send from a A10
    06-08-13 09:11 AM
    The original aristo specs stated non-removable battery too, so it is not without any basis. As far as it not making any sense, that simply isn't true, the sealed battery allows you to increase the size of the battery or reduce the thickness of the device by about 1-1.5mm compared with a device with a removable battery and with both of those criteria being important in a new all-touch model it makes sense that such a move will be considered for more than just the q5.

One thing to also bear in mind, BB will have exact stats of just how many people are buying spare batteries for the z10 so they are going to know whether that market actually cares that much about them or not. Personally, I am very happy to have the option of carrying a spare battery when I need to, but do not assume that is true for everyone.
    Considering how long it takes to reboot a blackberry.(Esp OS7 and below) I would rather buy power bank than spare batteries.
    06-08-13 10:07 AM
    Considering how long it takes to reboot a blackberry.(Esp OS7 and below) I would rather buy power bank than spare batteries.
    My Z10 can restart in under a minute.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:15 AM
    Or for Zulu

Send from a A10
    Ya I believe BlackBerry has said that they named it "Z" for because of the swiping gestures.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-08-13 12:05 PM
    I agree that legacy BlackBerry devices took/take long to boot up but the BlackBerry 10 devices boot rather quickly.

06-08-13 12:07 PM
    I�m excited ,like thorsten said, for this new device but I expect something like the torch line: keyboard and larger screen.

Now I have a lumia 920 but blackberry keeps in my mind for my next smartphone , thanks to the awesome bb10. I think that bb10 is far superior to Windows phone , speaking off OS , in terms of aplications I think that WP is a bit better .

I love the Z10 but in my opinion has a tiny screen and, for this reason mainly, I chose a lumia 920. If the screen grows to 5 inch could be a amazing choice and , if the device has a keyboard like torch models , could be heaven.
    Last edited by xxh; 06-08-13 at 04:15 PM.
    06-08-13 03:59 PM

I love the Z10 but in my opinion has a tiny screen and, for this reason mainly, I chose a lumia 920. If the screen grows to 5 inch could be a amazing choice and , if the device has a keyboard like torch models , could be heaven.
    I don't think you will see a 5" slider ever. That would be crazy big and very long with the keyboard open. 5" touch screen ? Now that is more likely. We know it's coming but we don't know the actual screen size just yet. Anywhere from 4.7 to 5" is safe to assume.

06-08-13 05:13 PM
    BB10 is not a 32bit OS so what you just said about changing the OS, indexing and memory restrictions won't apply.
    History of QNX and its Implementation in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Overview of the QNX Neutrino RTOS
    QNX Neutrino RTOS
    It is on Arm. They do apply.

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6...de/limits.html
    06-08-13 06:13 PM
    Or for Zulu
    It might even be that they settled on q10 first (for qwerty) and then somebody at BB is a scrabble fan and realised that the only other tile that is worth 10 is z.
    06-09-13 04:46 AM
    I don't think you will see a 5" slider ever. That would be crazy big and very long with the keyboard open. 5" touch screen ? Now that is more likely. We know it's coming but we don't know the actual screen size just yet. Anywhere from 4.7 to 5" is safe to assume.

5 inches maybe not but 4.5 or 4.65 would be possible. The size doesn�t matter nowadays ,there are smartphones like autentic monsters , Galaxys mega , for example.
    Last edited by xxh; 06-09-13 at 08:43 AM.
    06-09-13 06:13 AM
    5 inches maybe not but 4.5 or 4.65 would be possible. The size doesn�t matter nowadays ,there are smartphones like autentic monsters , Galaxys mega , for example.
    Ya I know but non of them have a keyboard. You are right, size doesn't matter but looks and feel do and a slider that big would be uncomfortable and looks odd I think.

06-09-13 11:02 AM
    Ya I know but non of them have a keyboard. You are right, size doesn't matter but looks and feel do and a slider that big would be uncomfortable and looks odd I think.

yes, you�re right. Maybe 5 inches is too much but , I don,t know , to that size of display and with the z10�s wonderful keyboard software maybe the qwerty keypad is useless ,however, i would like to see and own an slider with bigger screen, 4,5 inches (or higher) with keyboard.

I think that with those big sizes the keyboard shouldn�t be a problem, Blackberry�s engineers should know how to put a keyboard on this device and make it thinner and beutiful.I hope so.
    06-09-13 11:59 AM
    I'll have to admit, I'm super interested in seeing it but I'm already maxed out on size with my z10. If it's pretty similar to described, it's not for me. Sounds like a nice phone though, for sure. I'm starting to wish my z10 was exactly the same but maybe 1/4" shorter with somehow keeping same size screen.
    06-10-13 12:52 AM
    I hope the A10 or whatever this rumored device will be called is more similar to the iPhone 5 or HTC One than the Galaxy S4 when it comes to design, shape, and composition (materials used to build the device)

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:35 PM
    I agree. The build quality for this flagship device has to be on the highest level. Look how much great press the HTC 1 received for the great design and build quality. Hardware sells and bb needs to step it up on this device. 1080 screen, and none removable battery are musts. 4.7-5 inch screen. Can't wait to see this!!!!
    xxh and sparkaction like this.
    06-12-13 02:55 PM
    Non removable battery is not a must in any phone

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:58 PM
    Non removable battery is not a must in any phone

Posted via CB10

It surely is for late 2013 on a flagship device. Will allow for a thinner,seamless design. This design has to be smart, exude quality to the eye and touch. Removable battery won't cut it in this area.
    06-12-13 04:07 PM
    I'd prefer the functionality of having a removable battery over a slightly thinner device. Even though the phone is a media device, it's also a communication device. And it the battery has trouble, just have to get a new one yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:13 PM
    I agree. The build quality for this flagship device has to be on the highest level. Look how much great press the HTC 1 received for the great design and build quality. Hardware sells and bb needs to step it up on this device. 1080 screen, and none removable battery are musts. 4.7-5 inch screen. Can't wait to see this!!!!
    HTC One's design is nice, but the build quality sucks. I'm getting tired of people praising it. A good quality build will be durable, scratch resistant, and feel solid in your hand. Putting a case over it defeats the purpose. You should be able to drop the phone over and over and have it look just about as good as the day that you purchased it. THAT'S good build quality. The cell phone is the most important device that we carry nowadays. It needs to last. That being said, aluminum should never be used on a cell phone unless it's at least a 7000 series and strain hardened, which no company is doing right now. (Unfortunately 95% of you will have no idea what I'm even talking about when I say this.)

I hate the iPhone 5 build as well, but Apple's manufacturing process is much more refined that HTC's.
    06-12-13 05:17 PM
404 ... 910111213 ...