I absolutely agree with this post! I received an email from Thorsten Heins HIMSELF today and as you said about the executives, "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it"...I agree. Thorsten Heins sent me this ... Which confirms that it is either not coming or they're not sure!

*BTW, really jealous of you! And I think I will have to hold off buying the Z10, and wait for the A10!!
    That email tells me there is no BB10 for the PB. But, it's still 2013... so I'll wait.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-03-13 06:21 PM
    So no removable battery huh?

That's terrible. I don't get that decision as BlackBerry has been a brand that has supported MicroSD and removable batteries for a long time and I was really hoping that they would maintain this differentiation vs brands like Apple, Nokia, and HTC.
    06-03-13 07:04 PM
    Ya I agree. I don't get it. The Z10 and Q10 launch with removable batteries. The. They announce the cheaper Q5 with no removable battery. I was like ok this isn't like BlackBerry but perhaps they are just doing this with the lower end device(s). Now we hear that this "A10" which is going to be the flagship device of the BlackBerry stable and it too does not have a removable battery. Now that I don't get at all. Now this device was a Dev device so maybe the finished product will have a removable battery because it would be odd that the high end device wouldn't have a removable battery right? I mean, why would they only out removable batteries in the "mid level" (Z10/Q10) devices? Do you guys think the launched version will have a remo battery? I would think so.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-03-13 08:12 PM
    I absolutely agree with this post! I received an email from Thorsten Heins HIMSELF today and as you said about the executives, "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it"...I agree. Thorsten Heins sent me this ... Which confirms that it is either not coming or they're not sure!

*BTW, really jealous of you! And I think I will have to hold off buying the Z10, and wait for the A10!!
    Well I'M jealous that you got an email directly from Heins.

I don't know what uncertainty you get out of his email though. All he said was that he's not ready to share plans publicly. That doesn't mean there aren't plans, just that they aren't saying anything now.
    06-04-13 12:11 AM
    Ya I agree. I don't get it. The Z10 and Q10 launch with removable batteries. The. They announce the cheaper Q5 with no removable battery. I was like ok this isn't like BlackBerry but perhaps they are just doing this with the lower end device(s). Now we hear that this "A10" which is going to be the flagship device of the BlackBerry stable and it too does not have a removable battery. Now that I don't get at all. Now this device was a Dev device so maybe the finished product will have a removable battery because it would be odd that the high end device wouldn't have a removable battery right? I mean, why would they only out removable batteries in the "mid level" (Z10/Q10) devices? Do you guys think the launched version will have a remo battery? I would think so.

I agree. I mean the note 2 has a removable battery. I think all phablets should. And if it doesn't, please for Gods sake put charging contacts back on our phones!! All there battery cases are hideous with the knob stickit out the side.
    06-04-13 12:42 AM
    Obviously if the OP did see this device, he could not measure it on the fly, including the blood rush to the head due to excitement, it would be hard to determine exactly how big the screen was.

I'm gonna assume that the Aristo has at least an inch of difference compared to the Z10 which would have it come with a 5.2 screen. Fingers crossed that the battery will be close to 3,000 mAh.
    06-04-13 08:37 AM
    Only with nasty hardware and software hacks.
    What, what?

Does Neutrino support PAE?
    First, 4GB is the 32-bit addressing limit, no need for PAE.
    Second, PAE is perfectly fine solution for 32-bit systems to utilize more than 4GB physical memory - which, however, won't be an issue anytime soon and by the time it might become they could gradually transition to a 64-bit platform.
    06-04-13 09:36 AM
    "This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material..." I assume the rest basically says "don't share it". So...
    Which is nothing but utter bollocks, as anyone at least remotely familiar with basic principles of any modern law would know it.
    06-04-13 09:38 AM
    Security is clearly not that tight since he was using it as his daily driver.

The device is real. Choose not to believe me if you want, what do I care?

It was a prototype/dev device. It had engraved serial markings on the bottom face just like the other dev alpha's.

I only deleted the snap I took ( it's wasn't even that good of a snap) out of respect for another man's liveyhood.

Posted via CB10
    Hey OP, there are ways to undelete that snap you deleted - but I respect that you did, don't want to get a man fired.
    06-04-13 10:13 AM
    Hey OP, there are ways to undelete that snap you deleted - but I respect that you did, don't want to get a man fired.
    Ya I'm sure your right. I would try to go to those lengths to get the pic but to be honest, it wasn't a very good pic to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:56 AM
    Beside astro is a direct competitor to galaxy
    Both of the name implies space
    I'm calling it astro

Send from a z10
    06-06-13 11:31 AM
    What kind of camera does it have on it?
    06-06-13 01:39 PM
    actually I have to say I prefer name Aristo rather than A10 (or Astro). Aristo sounds noble, proud and sort of ''above the rest'' (aristocratic) but it also sounds smart and intelligent (Aristoteles). Aristo would be a perfect name for a new flagship and mobile computing workhorse.
    BallRockReaper and Mr.mister like this.
    06-06-13 05:10 PM
    It doesn't really matter which name people like better because when it's revealed it's will be a letter and a number. We all know that so who cares about the code name? I'm more interested if it will be a "Z" series phone with a higher number or a totally different letter like "A" with the number 10. What do you all think?

06-06-13 05:14 PM
    you are right, most probably it will be again a letter and a number and we could all bet it will be A10 but what I'm also trying to say is that in my opinion this model of naming top line of products is not the best. I mean if you give your phone a name you kind of give him an identity. Does Z10 or Q10 sound personal? A letter and a number sound to me more like a code name. On the other side, iphone or galaxy gives the phone indentity. It creates a whole new term. That's why I think that blackberry should name their flagship lines of phones with some name and then just number their successors just like apple and samsung do it, which can by the time create some reputation to the brand and to the single line of phone, but that's just my opinion.
    06-06-13 05:28 PM
    I think they need to continue the pattern they have started now with letter + number. It stray from that now would be dumb, confusing and unorganized I think. I don't mind The way it is now. I think before with bold, curve, torch, storm and so on plus the model # like 9900 ect was getting to be too much and confusing too. Each name had different model numbers too. So most people wouldn't really know which phone you were talking about. I think this way now is more simplified.

06-06-13 05:34 PM
    you are right, most probably it will be again a letter and a number and we could all bet it will be A10 but what I'm also trying to say is that in my opinion this model of naming top line of products is not the best. I mean if you give your phone a name you kind of give him an identity. Does Z10 or Q10 sound personal? A letter and a number sound to me more like a code name. On the other side, iphone or galaxy gives the phone indentity. It creates a whole new term. That's why I think that blackberry should name their flagship lines of phones with some name and then just number their successors just like apple and samsung do it, which can by the time create some reputation to the brand and to the single line of phone, but that's just my opinion.
    iPhone is no different as a name than Blackberry is. It also uses a series of numbers and a letter (4, 5 ,5S)
    06-06-13 05:35 PM
    Apple is the brand name, iphone is the product name and the number and letter is the version of the phone. I don't really see how pretty can this work with the model that blackberry uses now. The number 10 can refer to the OS version but why q5 than?? I really don't like this and it s not very clear and good naming of products I think.
    06-06-13 05:42 PM
    I agree with you about the q5 name. I would have had every device have the #10 for BlackBerry 10 and just ga e each model a different letter. The q5 was rumored to be the R10. Should have just kept it like that. I agree that q"5" is less equipped the the q10 hence the lower number but it still runs BlackBerry OS 10 so that's where it doesn't make sense to me.

06-06-13 06:42 PM
    Beside astro is a direct competitor to galaxy
    Both of the name implies space
    I'm calling it astro

Send from a z10
    diegonei likes this.
    06-06-13 07:06 PM
    Am I the only one who would prefer a 4.65" screen over a 5" screen? I don't want to use two hands to operate my phone.
    06-06-13 07:23 PM
    Perhaps the name and number system will make more sense after a few more phones begin to ship as the family hierarchy will be more obvious.
    Last edited by blackmoe; 06-06-13 at 07:50 PM.
    atjovic likes this.
    06-06-13 07:23 PM
    Am I the only one who would prefer a 4.65" screen over a 5" screen? I don't want to use two hands to operate my phone.
    I would like 4.65" also. 5" seems just a bit too big for me but there are many that would rather a 5". Will that stop me from getting it? Probably not!

06-06-13 07:54 PM
    Perhaps the name and number system will make more sense after a few more phones begin to ship as the family hierarchy will be more obvious.
    I get it now already, meaning I understand what they are doing. I just don't agree with the way they did it with the q5. I would have kept all phones with the number. 10 and just changed the letters. Though I do like the new way of identifying phones with letter + number.

06-06-13 07:57 PM
    I would like 4.65" also. 5" seems just a bit too big for me but there are many that would rather a 5". Will that stop me from getting it? Probably not!

I originally wanted the Z10, but I'm on Sprint. I don't like compromising to get the Q10 so I'm probably gonna get the A10 even if it is 5". Huge fan of the fiberglass backing!
    06-06-13 08:02 PM
404 ... 7891011 ...