i wonder what they will call it..

It has to be Z of course! but Z what? hmmmm...
    A10???
    06-03-13 02:03 PM
    Happy to say you're wrong there. It is being released this fall. In fact its the phone that Sprint said they will carry when they announced no Z10 but Q10 in mid summer and another new phone in the 3rd quarter.
    YESSSS!!!!
    06-03-13 02:03 PM
    However the person I was with is in a position to know and he said it was the release phone. I won't tell you any more about how he knows for obvious reasons. However I am wondering why the OP thinks he was holding a thick phone and I defineitly felt a very slim phone in my hand.
    smaller hands...
    06-03-13 02:05 PM
    If you have never had a 9900 (or any OS7 device) and a Playbook paired. You will never know. It is greatness and BlackBerry should never have left this behind. They should have just done it right and tried one more time. They had the right idea and the wrong timing. There are other companies doing similar things now. Having a dummy screen is nice I guess, but I like having the Playbook act independently as well as a team with my 9900.
    Now that BB do not seem that interested in producing a new tablet and are starting to develop for ios and android, perhaps they will think about doing more generic versions of the bridge either via the browser on a desktop or on ios/android tablets.
    06-03-13 02:07 PM
    Confused. Rapid berry have misled?
    They must have made a mistake because that it clearly a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B. And they deleted the post too...so they realized their mistake
    06-03-13 02:10 PM
    OP, thanks for sharing. Interesting news on the Playbook as well. In the end I think they'll decide to release BB10 on the Playbook, especially if the information given to you by the BB employee is true. Sooner or later that info would get out and you'd have so many irate and angry BB / Playbook users that it would be damaging to the company. I just can't believe the new Mgmt team would make that mistake.
    good point,,, not giving BB10 to PB would also p!ss off alot of "Z" owners,,, they want their bridge back!!! let's hope they're not THAT stupid...
    bozvandam likes this.
    06-03-13 02:14 PM
    "article deleted on request"
    06-03-13 02:26 PM
    Well it just seems odd how you claim that you have seen it but yet don't know what it was called.
    Only for a BB freak - for me it sounds completely normal, I couldn't recall this rather stupid-sounding dev name either, thread title sounded perfectly fine for me until your nitpicking came along.
    06-03-13 02:52 PM
    OP is telling the truth - I've seen one in Waterloo. Wider screen Oled display - it's a beauty.
    Oh PLEASE, NOOOO OLED, please, please - awful colors, dead in sunlight, dreaded response time etc.
    06-03-13 02:54 PM
    Aristo, whatever. That's all u have to say?

Posted via CB10
    Any clue when are they planning to release it?
    06-03-13 02:55 PM
    let's hope they're not THAT stupid...
    I was taught that if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing and therefore I have no comment to go here
    06-03-13 03:06 PM
    Any clue when are they planning to release it?
    Sorry, I dont know.
    06-03-13 03:22 PM
    Oh PLEASE, NOOOO OLED, please, please - awful colors, dead in sunlight, dreaded response time etc.
    My thoughts exactly!
    06-03-13 04:48 PM
    Fraudster!

If you had one in your hands today why didn't you take a picture with your BB10 device to prove it, unless your lying!?
    06-03-13 05:06 PM
    Fraudster!

If you had one in your hands today why didn't you take a picture with your BB10 device to prove it, unless your lying!?
    He clearly said he did take a picture but removed it to protect the individual. Why don't you read the posts next time..
    06-03-13 05:45 PM
    And that is why I'm keeping the Z10. Sharper and brighter screen
    06-03-13 05:49 PM
    Fraudster!

You clearly haven't read the OP's (craigggers) post. I don't think he is a fraudster as you called him. His story seems legit to me. Right down to some of the details of what the phone looks like.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-03-13 05:53 PM
    Well we don't know that the actual version will be released with an OLED display
    06-03-13 05:55 PM
    They must have made a mistake because that it clearly a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B. And they deleted the post too...so they realized their mistake
    Oh ok, it's a shame it wasn't so.
    06-03-13 05:56 PM
    Read the article on CrackBerry's front page...
    BlackBerry have "... been saying for months that the PlayBook would be upgraded, and now, all of a sudden... Probably not."

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-03-13 05:58 PM
    I absolutely agree with this post! I received an email from Thorsten Heins HIMSELF today and as you said about the executives, "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it"...I agree. Thorsten Heins sent me this ... Which confirms that it is either not coming or they're not sure!

*BTW, really jealous of you! And I think I will have to hold off buying the Z10, and wait for the A10!!
    Attached Thumbnails Astro /A10 exists. Held one today-img_00000643.jpg  
    mithrazor and Korepab like this.
    06-03-13 05:58 PM
    Fraudster!

OP did take a pic of it. He said he did in the first post.
    06-03-13 05:59 PM
    One thing I would like to chip in on. I don't think it will be 1080p. If Aristo is rumoured to be released this year, then I'm sure devs would have been asked to increase the resolution of their apps already.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but just don't want people to get too hyped up and then disappointed. I would be pleasantly surprised if it did come with 1080p display, but I just don't think it's possible at this point of time.

Posted via CB10
    Your argument is plausible, 720p resolution is great for now but the market wants more than that. If the Aristo does indeed come with 720, it will be heavily critized for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:05 PM
    It's a windows limitations the 4g thing, other os can go much further.
    Only with nasty hardware and software hacks. Does Neutrino support PAE?
    06-03-13 06:14 PM
    I absolutely agree with this post! I received an email from Thorsten Heins HIMSELF today and as you said about the executives, "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it"...I agree. Thorsten Heins sent me this ... Which confirms that it is either not coming or they're not sure!

*BTW, really jealous of you! And I think I will have to hold off buying the Z10, and wait for the A10!!
    "This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material..." I assume the rest basically says "don't share it". So...
    ADRENALIN101 likes this.
    06-03-13 06:21 PM
404 ... 678910 ...