Didn't read the complete thread, but got a question for OP. Is it possible that this is A10 (but not Z5, as they refer to it)?
    06-03-13 08:38 AM
    I don't understand why they keep using that ****ty 720p screen. This is supposed to be the year Blackberry came back and they're trying to make the comeback with their second string players? You have to be kidding me. I'm sure we can all sacrifice a bit of battery life for a screen that is comparable to the iPhone's. I really want to switch back to Blackberry, but Thorstein is slapping the Blackberry faithful with this bull**** *** screen. Son of a ***** /rant.
    06-03-13 08:43 AM
    No, I would say thats a Z5 like the Q5. lower end.

The A10 i was playing with kept the upscale appearance of the Z10. And again, the bottom of the phone was just like a Z10 and the top was just like a S3, S4.
    06-03-13 08:48 AM
    Could you comment some more on the looks? Or do a sketch of it based on memory? Screen size? Relative thickness? Any features, like speaker placement?.....
    I cant draw. As said before the bottom bar was just like a Z10. This model had a silver finish, instead of black and white. From there up its all glass, all the way to the top of the phone. I would say it was 5' screen.
    06-03-13 08:50 AM
    Useless comments removed
    craiggger and AT_Nepal like this.
    06-03-13 09:50 AM
    Xciting

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:50 AM
    He said that BlackBerry has a BB10 version ready to be deployed but that the executives are unsure if they should go ahead with it eventhough, in his words: "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it".

is this for the current playbook?
    06-03-13 10:17 AM
    There are many reasons why BlackBerrry may choose to leave the PlayBook behind: resolution differences, small user-base, the PB team may be better off being reassigned, the BB10 PB release may be slow, etc. etc.

I would like to see the PB function simply as a highly integrated 2nd screen for my phone. If the BB team want to see how a phone will interact with external components they should really start there. It would be neat to tap my Z10 to my PB while watching a movie and see the movie slide over. It would be neat to create a keyboard dock where the Z10 was the brains and the PB the screen (I know, this isn't new). Anyways, there are a lot of ideas that don't rely on the PB running a full BB10 stack with the ability to run all apps.
    eddy_berry and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-03-13 10:37 AM
    He said that BlackBerry has a BB10 version ready to be deployed but that the executives are unsure if they should go ahead with it eventhough, in his words: "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it".

is this for the current playbook?
    yes
    06-03-13 10:44 AM
    There are many reasons why BlackBerrry may choose to leave the PlayBook behind: resolution differences, small user-base, the PB team may be better off being reassigned, the BB10 PB release may be slow, etc. etc.

I would like to see the PB function simply as a highly integrated 2nd screen for my phone. If the BB team want to see how a phone will interact with external components they should really start there. It would be neat to tap my Z10 to my PB while watching a movie and see the movie slide over. It would be neat to create a keyboard dock where the Z10 was the brains and the PB the screen (I know, this isn't new). Anyways, there are a lot of ideas that don't rely on the PB running a full BB10 stack with the ability to run all apps.
    I think the playbook team has already been reassigned. Reassigned to QNX in car BB10 integration
    06-03-13 10:45 AM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:46 AM
    I'm having a hard time believing this one. I'm guessing the boys in Waterloo are under an NDA, and to just randomly whip out an unreleased product to a stranger, playing tennis, seems so random to me, and very irresponsible...
    06-03-13 11:13 AM
    I think the playbook team has already been reassigned. Reassigned to QNX in car BB10 integration
    So now you know about the reassignment of the Playbook team? What else have you failed to mention?

Come on guys, see through all this.

Obvious attention seeking is obvious.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:18 AM
    So now you know about the reassignment of the Playbook team? What else have you failed to mention?

Come on guys, see through all this.

Obvious attention seeking is obvious.

Posted via CB10
    Talk about having a vendetta!

You're the one seeking attention by trying to info-block all of the info seekers on this site.

Remember All: people that try to bring you down are already below you.
    06-03-13 12:11 PM
    Cool! OP seems legit.

Only sad part is WHY are execs unsure of releasing BB10 for PB? Perhaps it runs poorly....
    craiggger likes this.
    06-03-13 12:14 PM
    I agree with what one poster above said; it will not have a 1080p screen. Blackberry said this earlier

"We announced last fall that for at least the next year our plan is to stay with the same resolutions on our two form factors, all touch and QWERTY touch, to give developers the confidence and consistency to leverage their investments,’ he said.
    It was hinted at one of the sessions at BlackBerry Live this year to be prepared for other screen resolutions. They were very vague and would not elaborate more when asked.

BlackBerry is wrong A LOT and or changes their mind. Release dates, dev alphas being nuked at a certain date, being promised AT&T sim cards at the BlackBerry 10 launch event in NY, etc. Just saying.
    mithrazor and peter9477 like this.
    06-03-13 12:32 PM
    I still can't get my head around the fact that they either 'forgot' the Playbook bridge or actively decided not to (only initially I hope) go with it with BB10. Whatever, it seems a pretty dumb decision.
    Uncle Remus and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    06-03-13 12:50 PM
    Probably different models. As in Dev. mods. Not sure how many OS's or where they are to be assigned.

I feel myself getting excited for this device, as i was for the Z. I have a few preferences though, as do a lot of us. Would like to see a test done on 4gb vs. 2gb, speed, heat build up, actual usability, and cost put on to consumer, stuff like that. I would love to see minimum 5" if BB is going to get into the BIG phone (phablet) biz. best not dabble around the outside edges, just get in there with the big boys, right in the middle of the class (except hopefully better than). As there seems to be some big debate on which resolution is the best, I'm torn. I just don't know which would be best for the Consumer, as a new resolution would send Dev's. re-coding, and break promises, but the same would be getting left behind in the "tech. world" and may translate to bad/worse sales for the "A". As well, I wonder what will be of the face recognition app for the camera. As I thought it was a "one time deal" anyways... just voicing an opinion here, don't want to misinform anyone.
    06-03-13 12:50 PM
    I also saw one today in waterloo. Didn't hold it but really looked similar to the s4 and had a glass weave backing. Looked like it had front facing speakers! Unfortunately did not see the os at all. Also had a steel band around the sides of the phone.

Caught my eye because it was so much bigger than my z10.

Posted via CB10
    craiggger likes this.
    06-03-13 01:12 PM
    man this makes the 24 month contract so dam annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. oh well no aristo for me.. unless i win the lottery of course...

who knows..
    craiggger likes this.
    06-03-13 01:14 PM
    I also saw one today in waterloo. Didn't hold it but really looked similar to the s4 and had a glass weave backing. Looked like it had front facing speakers! Unfortunately did not see the os at all. Also had a steel band around the sides of the phone.

Caught my eye because it was so much bigger than my z10.

Posted via CB10

This ^ is exactly what I saw.

Thanks,
    06-03-13 01:21 PM
    Do you mean "Aristo"...
    Astro is a Motorola product line name for some EOL two way radios that were big in the last 10 years. Was the first commercial digital radios to hit the market by Motorola.

I like Astro better that Aristo personally.
    06-03-13 01:28 PM
    Ahhh man, and I just got a Z10
    06-03-13 01:33 PM
    i wonder what they will call it..

It has to be Z of course! but Z what? hmmmm...
    06-03-13 02:00 PM
    Hope this phone doesn't come out with anything less than a 1080p screen...BlackBerry shouldn't be left behind the curve again...i'm trying to think of ways to make the bezel thin and at the same time not compromise the swipe gestures
    To be honest, I would not mind too terribly them skipping 1080p with their first oversized bb10 phone, just think about the battery life you would get from pairing up a huge battery with a 720p display, it might be enough to make a q10 jealous.
    06-03-13 02:00 PM
404 ... 56789 ...