Haha. Amazing how many BlackBerry employees aren't careful with confidential IP in Waterloo, eh?
    I don't think it's a matter of not being careful. It's not like he left it out or something. He chose to show it to the OP. If I had something that's new and not even on the market yet, I would probably show a few people just to get feedback from them. I would love to have someone show me this or any new device before it's released. If you're into that kind of stuff.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-02-13 08:25 PM
    Guys. This is b.s. and all fabricated. Don't get sucked into believing any of it. Obvious attention seeking is obvious.
    Why can't we just believe the basic observations of the guy? Do you really think posting some "I got to see a secret prototype phone" story is really gonna be the op's 15 minutes of fame in life?
    I'm sure he has seen and done better things.... And I hope for Gods sake we ALL have!!
    06-02-13 08:40 PM
    I have am iPad an I don't see the need to see it integrate with my phone ...but hey you never know.

Yay aristo news! The A10 sounds awesome.
    If you have never had a 9900 (or any OS7 device) and a Playbook paired. You will never know. It is greatness and BlackBerry should never have left this behind. They should have just done it right and tried one more time. They had the right idea and the wrong timing. There are other companies doing similar things now. Having a dummy screen is nice I guess, but I like having the Playbook act independently as well as a team with my 9900.
    Harley Kid and danfrancisco like this.
    06-02-13 10:13 PM
    If you have never had a 9900 (or any OS7 device) and a Playbook paired. You will never know. It is greatness and BlackBerry should never have left this behind. They should have just done it right and tried one more time. They had the right idea and the wrong timing. There are other companies doing similar things now. Having a dummy screen is nice I guess, but I like having the Playbook act independently as well as a team with my 9900.
    So I just powered up the PB and bridged it to my 9900. Yes I guess I could answer an e-mail , or make a text or BBM my only BBM contact but I prefer my 9900 Keyboard over the PB's virtual Keyboard. Is it greatness - no .. it is just an answer to a question that the tablet market never asked.
    MarsupilamiX and Jonneh like this.
    06-02-13 11:08 PM
    I actually snuck up on him and took a pic of the phone with my Q10 and he freaked out and insisted I delete it so I did
    Good thing you did or he would have gotten into some serious trouble.
    BergerKing and KDB84 like this.
    06-02-13 11:11 PM
    So I just powered up the PB and bridged it to my 9900. Yes I guess I could answer an e-mail , or make a text or BBM my only BBM contact but I prefer my 9900 Keyboard over the PB's virtual Keyboard. Is it greatness - no .. it is just an answer to a question that the tablet market never asked.
    I liked the fact I got caller ID on my PB when somebody calls. I like the "open on" pics/vids from my phone to PB. I like renting a movie on my PB, plugging it in to my HDTV and using my Z10 to remote control.
    eddy_berry and rigwrecker like this.
    06-02-13 11:57 PM
    I liked the fact I got caller ID on my PB when somebody calls. I like the "open on" pics/vids from my phone to PB. I like renting a movie on my PB, plugging it in to my HDTV and using my Z10 to remote control.
    Well good for you but of all the things BB could be working on "the bridge" ranks very low. VERY LOW.
    06-03-13 12:40 AM
    One thing I would like to chip in on. I don't think it will be 1080p. If Aristo is rumoured to be released this year, then I'm sure devs would have been asked to increase the resolution of their apps already.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but just don't want people to get too hyped up and then disappointed. I would be pleasantly surprised if it did come with 1080p display, but I just don't think it's possible at this point of time.

Posted via CB10
    rnhld and MarsupilamiX like this.
    06-03-13 01:47 AM
    Doesn't matter how good the phone is. If it keeps rebooting its useless
    06-03-13 02:10 AM
    Well good for you but of all the things BB could be working on "the bridge" ranks very low. VERY LOW.
    Oh Dear... I was just liking the idea that all the features would come soon.
    06-03-13 02:31 AM
    Since not many people who own a Nexus or Ipad and feel the need to integrate their phone with their tablet I really do not think they would be too impressed. They might be really impressed by Blackberry balance where you show how you can integrate personal and business use on one phone.
    Basically I'd just like to carry on using the Blackberry branded devices as one. At the moment it is clear that, for whatever reason, Playbook does not feature in BB10's future. My 'tool not toy' (which could actually expand balance in so many ways) has been rendered a glorified Kindle.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-03-13 02:55 AM
    I love the fact that if I leave the either the 9900 or Playbook in the house while I'm in the studio I'm still able to communicate, BBM, text and especially email immediately. If I left my Q10 in the house then those important work emails (did someone mention balance?) are going unanswered for maybe a few hours.

It made Blackberry unique and somewhere someone at Blackberry sat down in a meeting and said 'you know that awesome integrated device feature that sets us apart? Yeah, let's not do that anymore'.
    eddy_berry, Jonneh and h20work like this.
    06-03-13 03:03 AM
    He chose to show it to the OP.
    That would probably be grounds to get him fired and/or charged at most companies.

If I had something that's new and not even on the market yet, I would probably show a few people just to get feedback from them.
    Companies like BlackBerry regularly do this, but under serious non-disclosure agreement. Sounds more like this guy was doing some attention seeking for himself. And if a VP ever caught him, he'd probably have a pink slip pretty quickly.
    MC_A_DOT and BergerKing like this.
    06-03-13 03:10 AM
    That would probably be grounds to get him fired and/or charged at most companies.

Companies like BlackBerry regularly do this, but under serious non-disclosure agreement. Sounds more like this guy was doing some attention seeking for himself. And if a VP ever caught him, he'd probably have a pink slip pretty quickly.
    +2013

I'm not sure about the OP's info but If I shared info.....I would be in serious trouble. NDA

A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties. It's a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects nonpublic business information.
    NDAs are commonly signed when two companies, individuals, or other entities (such as partnerships, societies, etc.) are considering doing business and need to understand the processes used in each other's business for the purpose of evaluating the potential business relationship. NDAs can be "mutual", meaning both parties are restricted in their use of the materials provided, or they can restrict the use of material by a single party.
    It is also possible for an employee to sign an NDA or NDA-like agreement with an employer. In fact, some employment agreements will include a clause restricting employees' use and dissemination of company-owned "confidential information."
    06-03-13 04:02 AM
    Sounds fishy - why would the executives
    1) allow expensive development to go ahead on something they might not want to release
    2) hold back on an update that will add value to the product and boost not only sales of the PlayBook but also inprove developer interest in the platform?
    3) tick off customers by telling them BB10 will come to the PlayBook in order to boost sales then not make good on that?
    Actually, what it suggests to me is that there may be business issues that are overriding the technical ones.

Here's one: say you've bought a few movies in the PlayBook Video Store. Will that Video Store app still be around for you to view your movies with? Will they migrate to BB World (hint: PB movie purchases didn't migrate to BB10 phones)?

This is a relatively easy one to settle, too, since it's the same supplier (Rovi supplies the PB Video Store as well as movies/tv for BB World). What about developers who are charging users for BB10 versions of apps they'd already bought on the PlayBook? Should they make their PB BB10 app a free upgrade, even if it involved considerable re-coding? Or should customers get pissed when they get charged again for PlayBook apps they'd already bought? That's a no-win situation.
    06-03-13 04:02 AM
    I've said it elsewhere, but I think that the missing Bridge functionality was due to BB not wanting to spend the resources on making it work on an OS that was slated for replacement in a matter of months. I'm hoping we'll see at least some of that functionality restored with the BB10 Playbook update.
    KDB84 and eddy_berry like this.
    06-03-13 04:08 AM
    Wasn't "Aristo' just supposed to be a code name?

I agree with what one poster above said; it will not have a 1080p screen. Blackberry said this earlier

"We announced last fall that for at least the next year our plan is to stay with the same resolutions on our two form factors, all touch and QWERTY touch, to give developers the confidence and consistency to leverage their investments,’ he said.

The screen resolutions are 1280x720 and 720x720 - these are the two we're focussed on for this year"

Not sure why anyone could believe the 4GB RAM rumors. Why? Nobody's doing that, not even the Android spec monsters. 4GB is overkill and will only reduce profit margins.
    06-03-13 04:47 AM
    BB never dropped anything the PB doesnt have bb10 until it does you wont get the full bridge packet.The biggest priority is roll out of phones.Considering Thor had said about phones connecting to screens and machines there's no way they will drop bridge.People need to just be cool and wait.
    06-03-13 05:04 AM
    BB10 is, in some fashion, already on the PlayBook internally and has been a separate development path from BB10 devices since the dev alpha A. Resolution for applications would be a big hold up I am sure. 1024x600 instead of 1280x768 or 720x720. This would be the interesting part to me as devs haven't gotten anything yet on how to convert their apps as of yet.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and peter9477 like this.
    06-03-13 05:15 AM
    It's nice to see some of these threads again! The forums are more fun when there are leaks/speculations
    06-03-13 06:07 AM
    It probably doesn't run great on PB and they are afraid of tarnishing the BB10 brand. I suspect they want folks first experience with BB10 to be better than what the PB can deliver. Like if you are using your Z10, they want you to show that to a friend and say, "Here this is the new BB10 OS." But handing over the upgraded PB which is still going to run substantially slower than a current iPad (which folks are familiar with), might make it seem like BB10 is inferior to iOS and Android.
    If BlackBerry is at all on the fence re: BB10 on the PlayBook and they think that it's just not good enough they should just scrap it altogether, tell BlackBerry users the truth, move on and make a tablet that BB10 can run efficiently on. The last thing BlackBerry needs at this moment is more negative publicity.
    06-03-13 06:51 AM
    So many people believing a weird story from someone with a low post count that is backed up with no evidence.

What kind of ***** BlackBerry employee would divulge information to someone who has (in the poster's words) "snuck up on him and took a pic." Then, the BlackBerry employee "freaked out" but then went on to share all kinds of confidential information?

Get real people. This is not how people act in the real world.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:02 AM
    The OP's story is true. I met a BB developer's wife in a pub in Waterloo and we ended up in a hotel overnight. She was a little drunk and showed me her A10 - the phone I mean.
    06-03-13 07:30 AM
    THEN HE BLEW MY MIND and pulled out a A10 prototype!

Looks: looks like a samsung S4. Not as square looking as the Z10; more curvy. It also had the same backing plate as the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Could you comment some more on the looks? Or do a sketch of it based on memory? Screen size? Relative thickness? Any features, like speaker placement?.....
    06-03-13 07:31 AM
    Dude, you should have ran with that A10 and not look back. CB goons out here
    A person that does that doesn't get to play again.
    06-03-13 07:35 AM
404 ... 45678 ...