LOL! If you're telling the truth, it's actually pretty funny that you were running around saying "wow, and Astro!!! Please can I keep the photo of your astro! Nice Astro!"....and he was apparently responded "yes....the....Astro.... is a secret". :-)
    Astro and Aristo are probably different band variants, just like there were loads of them for both L and N-series.
    richardat likes this.
    06-02-13 03:44 AM
    However the person I was with is in a position to know and he said it was the release phone. I won't tell you any more about how he knows for obvious reasons. However I am wondering why the OP thinks he was holding a thick phone and I defineitly felt a very slim phone in my hand.
    Realistically at worst they are going to be aiming at the same thickness as the z10, possibly improving on that due to the sealed battery.
    06-02-13 03:48 AM
    Interesting story OP, thanks!!!

Eh I don't think you can tell the difference between 1080 and 720 as a matter of fact......
    If you would have shown it to Geller he would have been able to tell the difference between 1080 and 720, form his Q10 review, he seems to be an eagle-eyed fellow:

BlackBerry Q10 review | BGR
    The screen on the Q10 is noticeably different from the LCD on the Z10. It’s square, and has a resolution of 720 x 720 pixels, and it measures only 3.1-inches diagonally. The pixel density is actually quite great, but it’s an AMOLED display, and I would say a lower quality AMOLED display, especially compared to the ones being used in most high-end smartphones today.

It looks pixelated to me, and colors really aren’t accurate at all. Instead, they’re painfully over-saturated. BlackBerry told me that most of the user interface, where possible, was changed to black from light colors to help with battery life.
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 06-02-13 at 07:04 AM.
    bungaboy and Korepab like this.
    06-02-13 06:51 AM
    I do.
    But BlackBerry security is tighter than a Nazi Concentration Camp...

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    Attached Thumbnails Astro /A10 exists. Held one today-great-escape.jpg  
    06-02-13 07:00 AM
    OP, thanks for sharing. Interesting news on the Playbook as well. In the end I think they'll decide to release BB10 on the Playbook, especially if the information given to you by the BB employee is true. Sooner or later that info would get out and you'd have so many irate and angry BB / Playbook users that it would be damaging to the company. I just can't believe the new Mgmt team would make that mistake.
    sisko2003 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    06-02-13 07:25 AM
    Great ! What might be the event to show this new guy? The talk about the PlayBook is interesting too! It is ready and they struggle releasing it? Fits perfectly to Thors behavior at BB live. They don't know what to do.
    06-02-13 07:29 AM
    I do.
    But BlackBerry security is tighter than a Nazi Concentration Camp...

I giggled a little with that one. Blackberry actually sucks with internal leakage. The only reason it may look tight is because they either change their minds on a continuous basis for any given product or the product is delayed once again.
    06-02-13 08:07 AM
    Well it just seems odd how you claim that you have seen it but yet don't know what it was called.
    Ah, I do that all the time (bugger up the name) however 10.2 os with Backup in the menu excited me!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-02-13 08:12 AM
    There's no way a BlackBerry employee would be carrying a prototype for one thing.
    For another, they wouldn't mention BB10 for the PB - as it's slated to "be coming in 2013", it's coming.
    And finally, those guys sign 20 page NDA's.

Well that's not analogous at all. That was presumably, an error by the employee, not willful/voluntary disclosure about the device! That is not to say I do not believe the OP - his story sounds plausible to me, but what he did here was no accident.
    06-02-13 08:48 AM
    Guys. This is b.s. and all fabricated. Don't get sucked into believing any of it. Obvious attention seeking is obvious.
    06-02-13 09:02 AM
    There's no way a BlackBerry employee would be carrying a prototype for one thing.
    For another, they wouldn't mention BB10 for the PB - as it's slated to "be coming in 2013", it's coming.
    And finally, those guys sign 20 page NDA's.

And yet this happens all the time. Friend of mine knows someone at BlackBerry who had shown her the Z10 about a month or two before the launch event, and there were quite a number of people on these forums who claimed to see certain Z10 features (or 10.1 features) pre-launch and turned out to be entirely correct. NDA's only ever seem to make leaks more discrete, rather than stopping them altogether.
    brout, peter9477 and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-02-13 09:12 AM
    Hope this phone doesn't come out with anything less than a 1080p screen...BlackBerry shouldn't be left behind the curve again...i'm trying to think of ways to make the bezel thin and at the same time not compromise the swipe gestures

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:36 AM
    Everyone needs to read this! ... if it's legit that is haha

And bla1zes post Inn this thread is very interesting
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nickthebold; 06-02-13 at 09:53 AM.
    06-02-13 09:41 AM
    I know people at BlackBerry. Some turn to this site to find out the latest while others in product development or sometimes marketing do get the devices sooner. When the 9900 came out I used it while having beer in June of rhetoric year it came out. Not that I can remember what month it was released in.

As for the Z10 a friend at BlackBerry who would not need to use one and chose not to participate in Beta testing said his boss had one (executive vp level) months before release.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:54 AM
    06-02-13 10:04 AM
    The PlayBook on the market now is at a low price point now and won't make money for blackberry. Putting bb10 on the PlayBook now would somewhat quench the need for a bb10 device. I'd love to have some of those bb10 features on my PlayBook but I think blackberry will wait until the sales on the bb10 devices have tapered off. What do you guys think?
    06-02-13 10:39 AM
    I giggled a little with that one. Blackberry actually sucks with internal leakage. The only reason it may look tight is because they either change their minds on a continuous basis for any given product or the product is delayed once again.
    I was being sarcastic. I had a friend who sat behind Thorsten at the Lakers game.

06-02-13 10:41 AM
    Sounds exciting OP. I remember a pic of someone at a cafe holding a 9900 before they came out too.

Is there anyone else who is able to imply that they know more but won't tell us ?
    06-02-13 10:44 AM
    I don't doubt the OP. I think that we always knew that this phone existed. We just never had a good physical report of an actual device.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-02-13 11:55 AM
    The PlayBook on the market now is at a low price point now and won't make money for blackberry. Putting bb10 on the PlayBook now would somewhat quench the need for a bb10 device. I'd love to have some of those bb10 features on my PlayBook but I think blackberry will wait until the sales on the bb10 devices have tapered off. What do you guys think?
    IF the report is true and they have it working, then perhaps yes, they are holding off a bit if they feel it will dampen sales. Not sure it would have that big of an effect though. But if they got it working, and don't release it and word gets out (beyond rumour), that's not good. Anyway, they said this year, so they've got till the Xmas holidays to keep that promise.
    Korepab likes this.
    06-02-13 11:59 AM
    I talked to a BlackBerry employee a few weeks ago and they said BB10 would be coming out for the PlayBook in June. They said the Aristo would be launching in September and some mystery device would be launching during Christmas. I didn't ask many questions but they were in management but not BB10 development so take it for what it is. Either way the Aristo is a real device and will be launching in the coming months.
    Korepab and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-02-13 12:03 PM
    People asking about 4GB of RAM: is this even possible (or advisable) on BB10 considering that (in my understanding) it is a 32bit OS?

I know it 'can' be done, but maybe the changes needed in the OS to allow indexing of the extra RAM aren't warrented at this time (and they will stick to 2GB until they go to a 64bit processor)?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-02-13 12:22 PM
    Guys. This is b.s. and all fabricated. Don't get sucked into believing any of it. Obvious attention seeking is obvious.
    I understand the skepticism, but like I had mentioned, I was able to play with the Torch 9800 a good 3-4 months before that phone was released. So it has to remain possible.

I would think if it was a troll like OP, he would've had fun and talked about laser keyboards, 3D displays, Nikon camera lenses, etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 12:29 PM
    No it didn't look like that.

The bottom was just like the Z10 with the bar and the blackberry spelling at the bottom.

The top was like the S3 as it looked like the glass went to the top of the phone but the actual screen area stopped before the top for the gesture bezel

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-02-13 12:49 PM
    I understand the skepticism, but like I had mentioned, I was able to play with the Torch 9800 a good 3-4 months before that phone was released. So it has to remain possible.

I would think if it was a troll like OP, he would've had fun and talked about laser keyboards, 3D displays, Nikon camera lenses, etc.

Posted via CB10
    There are people outside RIM that had the z10 on US carriers in December.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR and shiera99 like this.
    06-02-13 12:55 PM
404 ... 23456 ...