Have fun with this thread tonight guys - I'm off to Beertown
    ddlax22 likes this.
    06-01-13 08:57 PM
    @OP. Thank you for posting the information. If for some reason, it changes or doesn't get released this summer, I'm still cool as long as I have my Z. Thanks , again.
    06-01-13 08:57 PM
    @OP. Thank you for posting the information. If for some reason, it changes or doesn't get released this summer, I'm still cool as long as I have my Z. Thanks , again.
    Won't be coming in the Summer...closer to Holiday 2013
    jhimmel likes this.
    06-01-13 08:58 PM
    However the person I was with is in a position to know and he said it was the release phone. I won't tell you any more about how he knows for obvious reasons. However I am wondering why the OP thinks he was holding a thick phone and I defineitly felt a very slim phone in my hand.
    Because they very well could be two different phones. Not only that but to have a phone completed at this time seems a bit odd if the release isnt for 4-6 months. I dont know what you have held so that is all I will say.
    q649 and EsJayDee like this.
    06-01-13 09:04 PM
    Another thing to note, the prototype had an amoled screen.

It didn't look that great but I'm told that it offers better battery savings.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:13 PM
    Blackmore and craiggger
    Great thread!!! Thanks craiggger for sharing your story. Also thank you blackmoe for the info. So obviously the device exists and has been the worst kept secret. We all have heard that a "phablet" type of phone that will be the flagship device is coming out later this year and hearing this info from 2 different people just makes it more real for me. Anyways, u was wondering if the one of the 2 phones you guys are talking about was a dev alpha "d" maybe and the other was the finished product? Just guessing here because there was a few differences in each of your descriptions. Also could it be that the one craiggger

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-01-13 09:48 PM
    Sorry hit post by mistake..lol

So could it be it had 2gb of ram cause it was a dev device because the dev alpha only has 1 gb of ram didn't it?

06-01-13 09:49 PM
    Or maybe each were testing slightly different versions because a decision on the final device has not been chosen yet and they are getting feedback from each device? Sorry everyone, this kind of stuff is very interesting for me and fun

Either way, looking forward to the launch of this great device and will have to decide if u stay with my Z10 or go with the A10 ( which will probably a different letter when launched...ie N10 and R10)

06-01-13 09:55 PM
    Well OP, if you are telling the truth then that really does sound awesome!
    06-01-13 10:39 PM
    It's not like he spelled it out to me.

And he never referred to it as Aristo, always A10.

Your a grumpy dingberry.

Posted via CB10
    LOL! If you're telling the truth, it's actually pretty funny that you were running around saying "wow, and Astro!!! Please can I keep the photo of your astro! Nice Astro!"....and he was apparently responded "yes....the....Astro.... is a secret". :-)
    06-01-13 10:44 PM
    OP- removable battery or not???
    06-01-13 10:48 PM
    OP- removable battery or not???
    No
    06-01-13 10:51 PM
    I was playing tennis today in the east end of toronto today when something great happened: I saw and held and used a prototype BlackBerry Astro/A10.

I was playing against a guy that works at Blackberry in waterloo. . I only found out half way through the match of this fact and once I found out, I was all over him for information.

I asked him about the playbook update, Astro and the possibility of a new tablet.

He said that there is not a new tablet being tested.

He said that BlackBerry has a BB10 version ready to be deployed but that the executives are unsure if they should go ahead with it eventhough, in his words: "they promised they would so you think they would go ahead with it".

THEN HE BLEW MY MIND and pulled out a A10 prototype!

Looks: looks like a samsung S4. Not as square looking as the Z10; more curvy. It also had the same backing plate as the Q10.

Hardware: I accessed the setting/about page and it has 2GB of ram and was using 800MB with no apps open.

10.2 feature noticed: Backup.

There was a new menu in the settings menu: Backup. I went into this submenu and it looks like you can initiate a backup of your phone to a paired computer wirelessly. Pretty cool.

And that's all I got. I wasn't expecting to run into a blackberry developer today not to mention see and hold and use a prototype phablet blackberry.

Some will saw no pic bla bla bla.

I actually snuck up on him and took a pic of the phone with my Q10 and he freaked out and insisted I delete it so I did.

Astro Exists!

Posted via CB10
    There's no way a BlackBerry employee would be carrying a prototype for one thing.
    For another, they wouldn't mention BB10 for the PB - as it's slated to "be coming in 2013", it's coming.
    And finally, those guys sign 20 page NDA's.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-01-13 10:57 PM
    There's no way a BlackBerry employee would be carrying a prototype for one thing.
    For another, they wouldn't mention BB10 for the PB - as it's slated to "be coming in 2013", it's coming.
    And finally, those guys sign 20 page NDA's.

That still doesn't stop things from leaking out. It happens all the time. Do you remember the iphone that an Apple employee left in a bar?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:59 PM
    That still doesn't stop things from leaking out. It happens all the time. Do you remember the iphone that an Apple employee left in a bar?

Posted via CB10
    I do.
    But BlackBerry security is tighter than a Nazi Concentration Camp...

06-01-13 11:01 PM
    Security is clearly not that tight since he was using it as his daily driver.

The device is real. Choose not to believe me if you want, what do I care?

It was a prototype/dev device. It had engraved serial markings on the bottom face just like the other dev alpha's.

I only deleted the snap I took ( it's wasn't even that good of a snap) out of respect for another man's liveyhood.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:07 PM
    Good to hear. These devices are all over Waterloo whether people want to believe it or not. I saw a Torch being used around months before it was released.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:11 PM
    I do.
    But BlackBerry security is tighter than a Nazi Concentration Camp...

If you think the way Apple handles new devices and BlackBerry does is any different, you're silly.

Employees talk about the new devices, without giving away a lot...look at what Bla1ze said earlier in this thread.
    HUNTZODIAC and scorpiodsu like this.
    06-01-13 11:14 PM
    it looked like a Samsung meaning there is no physical keyboard, right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-01-13 11:20 PM

I don't know about this, the summer before the Torch 9800 was released, around July, a friends summer pool party had a RIM employee there carrying around the Torch as his daily driver.

He let me play with it for a while and didn't seem to have any concerns. I liked it enough to buy one that fall, I believe in Oct when it was released.

Posted via CB10
    bjw408h and swishhh like this.
    06-01-13 11:27 PM
    I believe craiggger story. I mean why make it up? Also these devices are definitely being used by select employees. They have to be tested as a daily device. They don't just design phones and not test them.

And since craigggers did confirm that it had a letter or number on the bottom of the device, then it is a dev model so it's possible that the final version may still get the 4gb of ram that is rumored even tho this dev only had 2 gb.

06-02-13 12:03 AM
    Can't wait to see the final product now.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    06-02-13 12:30 AM
    If you think the way Apple handles new devices and BlackBerry does is any different, you're silly.

Employees talk about the new devices, without giving away a lot...look at what Bla1ze said earlier in this thread.
    You must be joking.

Fir the love of all things holy or whatever you believe in, the CEO and a Senior VP sat courtside at a Lakers game taking pictures with an unreleased phone. We're all running our 10th version of leaked operating systems.

BlackBerry is as secure with secrets as a hooker is with underwear.

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight and Fnord like this.
    06-02-13 12:37 AM
    I thought 4 gigs is what the expectation was?
    There has only ever been one rumour where that has been suggested and it seemed to be a fairly poorly made-up set of wishes rather than a logical next device from BB.
    06-02-13 03:31 AM
    Not doing 4 gigs will be a HUGE mistake. Didn't ask him about the CPU?
    Actually, going with 4gigs would have a negative impact in a mobile device if you have no need for it because you have to power that ram all the time even if it is 100% unused.

I would expect that the next increase in ram we see will be 12-18 months away as the chance of them continuing to upgrade the z10 and q10 reduces and even then it is more likely to be a more incremental increase to 3 gig rather than a jump straight to 4 gig due to both costs and battery considerations.
    06-02-13 03:39 AM
404 12345 ...